Drifters RP (Closed, Started)

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
Hello and welcome to Drifters!

After reading the manga of the same name [http://www.mangareader.net/303/drifters.html], I thought, 'why not see if we can make an RP from this?' So here we are, enjoy and feel free to ask any questions.

Of course there shall be some twists etc from the manga to make this RP our own.

"A mysterious world inhabited by the creatures of fantasy. Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, Dragons, Trolls, Kobolds and many more inhabit this nameless place. We are the Drifters, once normal humans from Earth, the ones chosen by an unknown fate after death in battle to go to this place. To fight, to rule, to die.

We are not the first, we will not be the last. We represent freedom for this place, we fight opression, we fight the End. The End are the warriors that died filled with hate, the ones unlucky enough to have been picked out and humiliated, degraded and made an example of before death.

One other civilisation of humans stands, Orte, a country-state made by Hitler, not one of the End, nor a Drifter, but he took intiative, he rose an army called the Order of Magicians, these people do not hold any magical powers as their name suggests, but they hold power over many of the other species in this world.

The End are lead by the Black Emperor, a man with no known past or true name, all that is known is he is extremely powerful and possesses the ability to grant others magic based upon their deaths, coupled with his natural skill at convincing the races he frees to fight with him, this makes the End and the Black Emperor himself, a very powerful adversary.

The Drifters are a coalition of the humans led here by the unknown that died in valor as opposed to hatred, from all eras of history to give this world a chance at peace."

1) Depending on interest, I'll be looking to accept 8 characters and a co-GM to split the group if needs be. And keep the RP running in case I becoming unavilable to prevent stalling.

2) Grammar and spelling. It is not hard to check your posts. Repeat offenses will end in a messy death.

3) Content. Try and put some effort into your posts, make it look half decent. Again, repeat offenses will end in death/removal.

4) Third person, past tense posts are preferred, but I'm not going to be heavily strict on this one.

5) God modding. Depending on how badly you do this, you may get a warning, or immediate dismissal. All rights are reserved to GM/co-GM's on this.

Name: Keep it to your race/period.
Warrior Race: ie Samurai, Immortal, Viking etc. GM note: I don?t want to see lots of one type of warrior, be original and do some research.
Apperance: How does your character look? What armour do they wear?
Personality: How do you treat your opponents in battle? How do they act outside of battle as well?
Weapons: Realistically you'll have one weapon, two at most.
Period of Origin: What time period they lived in.
Background: Where was your char born? How did they live?
Notes: Things that don't fit elsewhere.

As a side note, no matter where your char is from, they have been implanted the ability to speak English, but can still speak their native tongue when they want.

I'll be willing to accept submissions up until Thursday/Friday and will not be taking reserves.

Note: I know I hold a bad track record for GM, but I'm aiming to change this and am placing this RP high on my priorities.

Jeff Gibson

May 6, 2010
Interesting. I'm reading the manga now, but I do have one question:

Would a WWI fighter pilot with a partially damaged plane be acceptable?

Time Travelling Toaster

Mar 1, 2009
Sheets Post:

Name: Yuan Hui

Warrior Race: Chinese Officer

Apperance: Hui stands at a paltry 5?3? with a thin wiry build, toughened by the constant battles and marchs he partook in his life. He has deep brown eyes and black hair, in the queue style.

His body is a mess of scars he wrought during training, the worst of which is a scar that runs from his lower left ribs to his right shoulder, a wound that very nearly took his life while he was young.

He wears a set of thin plate armour, designed to improve mobility at the cost of defensive capabilities, over the armour he wears an officer uniform died in the Shu green. The trim of his uniform is white opposed to the gold that other officers choose to wear.

Personality: Hui is a shrewd man, rarely opening his mouth unless he feels it right to. When he does, he is very formal, addressing people that he respects without the utmost of care and those he feels as underlings well enough to keep them in trust. He is loyal to a fault to his leaders and still feels as if he had abandoned them by his death.

While fighting, Hui upholds his honour, he will not raise his weapon against an unarmed opponent nor strike down those he regards as children. Although he doesn?t expect honour from his foes, he enjoys a battle with another who shows honour in his fight.

Weapons:
Also carries a standard straight sword for use if seperated from his Guan Dao.

Background: Yuan Hui was born to a poor farming family in the year 193 BC, for the first 17 years of Hui?s life there was no real hardships, the family got by barely on the excess food produced. On Hui?s 18th birthday, in 211 BC he was taken by the Shu Han army as a standard infantry man, simply to fill the ranks that were being thinned by the various fights betweens the different warlords. Over the course of the next 5 years, Hui proved himself to be a strong warrior and was slowly promoted through the ranks to Officer where he again proved himself as a tactician.

During the proceeding two years, he faced various challenges before eventually being chosen by the General Guan Yu as an Officer to serve in his force. The thrill of the promotion made Hui over zealous as he felt that he was slightly better than others, this turned to his downfall in 219 at the Jing Province where much of Yu?s force was defeated by the invading Wu army.

He was last seen alive defending a fort with a small group from his own troops as the army poured through and the fort burned around them.

Notes: Hui has only ever lost his temper and went on a rampage once, this was against his own troops after he found them beating peasents from a village they conquered. None of the 4 troops was left alive.
Name: Myumi Gozen

Warrior Race: Samurai

Appearance: If one were to gaze upon the unarmored Myumi from afar, they could be forgiven for thinking that she was a Geisha, for her skin is as pale as snow and her shoulder length jet black hair is as fine and soft as silk. however if they were to draw closer to her, they would know the error of their ways, for her pristine beauty is shattered by a large, jagged scar that stems from the tip of her right eyebrow, under her mouth and finishes just short of the left side of her bottom lip.

In her armor she is a fierce sight to behold, not in the least because of her terrifying mask, whose appearance is made all the more frightening due to a large gash carved through it. Her armor is one of a kind, as instead of the traditional black monstrosities other Samurai wore, hers gleams as if it were silver.

Personality: In her early life Myumi was known to be rash and very lighthearted, she made herself the heart of the 'party' with her large, sometimes overbearing personality. However, once she was exposed to the horror of war, something seemed to change in the young warrior and she became bitter, rarely speaking a positive word. She has only gotten more dour since her death.

Weapons: One steel Katana, that is made from an incredibly light, sharp metal and a Hankyu (Japanese short bow)

Period of history: 13th century Japan

Background: Born on the southernmost Japanese island Kyūkoku, Myumi led a relativity normal (if not boring) childhood, helping her father in his work as a ship builder. The only thing that broke up the endless drudgery and made her stand out, was her immense talent and love for the bow. Whenever she had free time, one could always find her practicing with her bow out the back of her home. One would also notice that she was adapt at her 'hobby', just as the local Shogun did when he came to her father to commission a ship.

The Shogun was a cruel man and despite her fathers objections, he drafted the young prodigy and began having her trained as one of his Samurai. Despite the constant jibes made by her fellow Samurai at the fact she was an inferior woman, Myumi rose to become one of the most talented warriors at her Masters command.

She died in battle in 1274, when she and 40000 other Samurai were sent to repel the Mongol invasion of their fair land.

Notes: A short exert from the tale of Heike, that served as inspiration for Myumi

Tomoe was especially beautiful, with white skin, long hair, and charming features. She was also a remarkably strong archer, and as a swordswoman she was a warrior worth a thousand, ready to confront a demon or a god, mounted or on foot. She handled unbroken horses with superb skill; she rode unscathed down perilous descents. Whenever a battle was imminent, Yoshinaka sent her out as his first captain, equipped with strong armor, and sword, and a mighty bow; and she performed more deeds of valor than any of his other warriors.
Name: Cael Ó Fearadhaigh

Warrior Race: Celtic Lord

Apperance: Cael stands easily over 6 feet tall with black hair and piercing green eyes. He is well built and wears armour and trinkets that fit his station in life. A thick band of silver rings his neck and ornate armlets adorn his wrists. A chain mail shirt covered by a leather currias binds his chest, while leather padded trousers wrap his legs. Black leather boots embrace his feet, matching the rest of his leather armour. A wolf pelt adorns his shoulders.

Personality: Cael is sharp and bright, even for being a "savage" to those known to be more civilized to the modern realm. Though also a man of respect and honour. He does not tolerate disgrace to his clan, and on the battle field shows little mercy to his opponents that he may grant them a respectful death. While stern and proud, Cael also has a soft spot for those who's company he enjoys. Children also reduce the man the kindest of hearts, as he was once a father himself.

Weapons: Longsword and buckler

Period of Origin: 50 B.C.

Background: Cael was born to his clan in Southern Ireland, just west of what is now called Limerick. Born into a period of warring states, Cael's immediate family was at the head of his clan. His Father immediately began grooming him into a warrior, a tactician, and, to a lesser extent, a lord, should his brother ever prove childless and fall in battle.

At the age of 16 Cael's father rode into battle and didn't ride back. Instead his army marched back without their leader and with a quarter of their forces missing. A usurper had hidden himself within the clans midst and had taken a quarter of their force to serve another lord with him.

Outraged, Cael's brother became obsessed with revenge, leaving the mundane task of looking after the clan to his younger brother. For two years the older brother plotted revenge against the bit of excrement who had stolen his fathers life, and during this time Cael had become a peoples ruler. He had learned how to read and meet the needs of those under him.

Finally, the day arrived when Clan Fearadhaigh marched against the lord who took in the usurper and the same day they returned, utterly crushed. Only Cael and a force of 50 men returned home. And it was this day that Cael also plotted for this lord's downfall.

Cael led a very different approach to his problem though. Instead of fighting a larger force acquainted with his clans typical battle tactics, Cael decided to conquer smaller clans, acquiring more land and more troops. Initially, it began with stomping out the lesser lords who ruled their lands with an iron fist. Slowly, Cael's army grew and so too did his wisdom in battle. Cael had become much more than some fat, happy lord content on ruling from the walls of a castle. He led his men into battle, he fought in every one of his skirmishes, and he had one through deft manipulation of the field that no other lord could match.

Finally, the day had come to take conquer his mortal enemy. The lord and clan that had almost stomped him out of existence. Their leader had grown fat and lax in his power. Cael had studied the small kingdom for years, its harvest seasons, its tax times, everything. He know when different periods would coincide, and thats when he made his move.

It was the peak of the harvest when Cael struck, when the lords castle would be empty and his armies out collecting food for his fat gob. Minor branches of Cael's army burned fields and pillaged villages, taking what was already a poor harvest from the peoples hands. Unrest festered among the people. Without knowing who had taken their food or why their fields burned, they began to resent the lord, who had now resorted to taking food stocks and a few women as payment. A few of the tiny villages began to attack soldiers and passers-by in order to survive. Cael's men didn't care now, however. The lords armies were now distracted with insurrection and left the castle near abandoned, ripe for Cael's forces to march upon it. The battle lasted less than 4 hours, and the fat happy lord and his right hand man, the man who had betrayed Clan Fearadhaigh, were now free of their heads.

Secure in his power and nearly doubling his own land, a new warlord set to rule the turmoil he had created to enact his revenge. He gave all of the previous lords stocks to the distraught people. He had effectively destroyed a lord and gained the trust of his people in little over a month, while expanding his own territory to double its size.

Cael now ruled a decent kingdom for his time. He settled down a bit, took a wife, and sired 3 children, 2 sons and a daughter. Each of them was taught what the man had learned in experience. To rule with an open hand, the iron fist was only fit to serve their enemies.

And while Cael's battles were no longer handed to him hand over fist, he did still fight to expand his borders. Often leading his men on the lines of battle. Ultimately, this led to his demise. He was taken by an archers arrow, knocked from his horse and as the world faded, he found himself waking in another. He woke in a narrow corridor, just in time to see an old man at a desk, only to fade into black yet again.
Other sheets will be chosen on Thursday!

Jeff Gibson

May 6, 2010
Time Travelling Toaster said:
Jeff Gibson said:
Interesting. I'm reading the manga now, but I do have one question:

Would a WWI fighter pilot with a partially damaged plane be acceptable?
Well, a WWII pilot/plane pop up in the manga, so I don't see why not. There will be restrictions on it of course, since the world is medieval. But there may well be fuel supplies from other Drifters we encounter. So go for it.
Cool. I'll try to get a sheet up within the next few days.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Gimme a super laconic crash course in this manga-inspired theme: is it anything like Fables whereby it's the interplay of basically mashup genre justified by a superfantastical setting? Or is it just (ignore the unintentional inferment of your respective RP being called cliche) generic fantasy world by another name?

Regardless of what you explain, be it noted I am very interested.

Time Travelling Toaster

Mar 1, 2009
Anarchemitis said:
Gimme a super laconic crash course in this manga-inspired theme: is it anything like Fables whereby it's the interplay of basically mashup genre justified by a superfantastical setting? Or is it just (ignore the unintentional inferment of your respective RP being called cliche) generic fantasy world by another name?

Regardless of what you explain, be it noted I am very interested.
I'd say a generic fantasy world offset slightly with the onslaught of historical figures, along with our created ones of course.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Time Travelling Toaster said:
I'd say a generic fantasy world offset slightly with the onslaught of historical figures, along with our created ones of course.

I will have a sheet up this evening.

Jav3lin

Jan 18, 2009
Two questions.
1: You said to make a name justified by race/period. Does that mean we can choose differently than human?

2: What kind of weapon range is on here. Can I be a ranger or maybe a duel-wielding assassin, or do I need to be a (cliche style) warrior?

Anyway, color me interested. I'll probably pop up a sheet here cause' the only RP I'm in is grinding to a stall at the moment.

Very interesting theme by the way.

Time Travelling Toaster

Mar 1, 2009
Jav3lin said:
Two questions.
1: You said to make a name justified by race/period. Does that mean we can choose differently than human?

2: What kind of weapon range is on here. Can I be a ranger or maybe a duel-wielding assassin, or do I need to be a (cliche style) warrior?

Anyway, color me interested. I'll probably pop up a sheet here cause' the only RP I'm in is grinding to a stall at the moment.

Very interesting theme by the way.
1) I meant 'race' as in Japanese, American or whatever, we're all human characters, sorry for the slight confusion there.

2) As long as you can fit them into a time period, I don't see why not, as long as it's not ridiculously over the top. And as for weapons, whatever was available in your characters period and to where they're from, it's free game.

As a note, I'm adding 'Period of History' into the Sheet with the backstory.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Name: Cael Ó Fearadhaigh

Warrior Race: Celtic Lord

Apperance: Cael stands easily over 6 feet tall with black hair and piercing green eyes. He is well built and wears armour and trinkets that fit his station in life. A thick band of silver rings his neck and ornate armlets adorn his wrists. A chain mail shirt covered by a leather currias binds his chest, while leather padded trousers wrap his legs. Black leather boots embrace his feet, matching the rest of his leather armour. A wolf pelt adorns his shoulders.

Personality: Cael is sharp and bright, even for being a "savage" to those known to be more civilized to the modern realm. Though also a man of respect and honour. He does not tolerate disgrace to his clan, and on the battle field shows little mercy to his opponents that he may grant them a respectful death. While stern and proud, Cael also has a soft spot for those who's company he enjoys. Children also reduce the man the kindest of hearts, as he was once a father himself.

Weapons: Longsword and buckler

Period of Origin: 50 B.C.

Background: Cael was born to his clan in Southern Ireland, just west of what is now called Limerick. Born into a period of warring states, Cael's immediate family was at the head of his clan. His Father immediately began grooming him into a warrior, a tactician, and, to a lesser extent, a lord, should his brother ever prove childless and fall in battle.

At the age of 16 Cael's father rode into battle and didn't ride back. Instead his army marched back without their leader and with a quarter of their forces missing. A usurper had hidden himself within the clans midst and had taken a quarter of their force to serve another lord with him.

Outraged, Cael's brother became obsessed with revenge, leaving the mundane task of looking after the clan to his younger brother. For two years the older brother plotted revenge against the bit of excrement who had stolen his fathers life, and during this time Cael had become a peoples ruler. He had learned how to read and meet the needs of those under him.

Finally, the day arrived when Clan Fearadhaigh marched against the lord who took in the usurper and the same day they returned, utterly crushed. Only Cael and a force of 50 men returned home. And it was this day that Cael also plotted for this lord's downfall.

Cael led a very different approach to his problem though. Instead of fighting a larger force acquainted with his clans typical battle tactics, Cael decided to conquer smaller clans, acquiring more land and more troops. Initially, it began with stomping out the lesser lords who ruled their lands with an iron fist. Slowly, Cael's army grew and so too did his wisdom in battle. Cael had become much more than some fat, happy lord content on ruling from the walls of a castle. He led his men into battle, he fought in every one of his skirmishes, and he had one through deft manipulation of the field that no other lord could match.

Finally, the day had come to take conquer his mortal enemy. The lord and clan that had almost stomped him out of existence. Their leader had grown fat and lax in his power. Cael had studied the small kingdom for years, its harvest seasons, its tax times, everything. He know when different periods would coincide, and thats when he made his move.

It was the peak of the harvest when Cael struck, when the lords castle would be empty and his armies out collecting food for his fat gob. Minor branches of Cael's army burned fields and pillaged villages, taking what was already a poor harvest from the peoples hands. Unrest festered among the people. Without knowing who had taken their food or why their fields burned, they began to resent the lord, who had now resorted to taking food stocks and a few women as payment. A few of the tiny villages began to attack soldiers and passers-by in order to survive. Cael's men didn't care now, however. The lords armies were now distracted with insurrection and left the castle near abandoned, ripe for Cael's forces to march upon it. The battle lasted less than 4 hours, and the fat happy lord and his right hand man, the man who had betrayed Clan Fearadhaigh, were now free of their heads.

Secure in his power and nearly doubling his own land, a new warlord set to rule the turmoil he had created to enact his revenge. He gave all of the previous lords stocks to the distraught people. He had effectively destroyed a lord and gained the trust of his people in little over a month, while expanding his own territory to double its size.

Cael now ruled a decent kingdom for his time. He settled down a bit, took a wife, and sired 3 children, 2 sons and a daughter. Each of them was taught what the man had learned in experience. To rule with an open hand, the iron fist was only fit to serve their enemies.

And while Cael's battles were no longer handed to him hand over fist, he did still fight to expand his borders. Often leading his men on the lines of battle. Ultimately, this led to his demise. He was taken by an archers arrow, knocked from his horse and as the world faded, he found himself waking in another. He woke in a narrow corridor, just in time to see an old man at a desk, only to fade into black yet again.

Hopefully I hit the dart board that is historical accuracy, though, if I did it wasn't by much.

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Name: Myumi Gozen

Warrior Race: Samurai

Appearance: If one were to gaze upon the unarmored Myumi from afar, they could be forgiven for thinking that she was a Geisha, for her skin is as pale as snow and her shoulder length jet black hair is as fine and soft as silk. however if they were to draw closer to her, they would know the error of their ways, for her pristine beauty is shattered by a large, jagged scar that stems from the tip of her right eyebrow, under her mouth and finishes just short of the left side of her bottom lip.

In her armor she is a fierce sight to behold, not in the least because of her terrifying mask, whose appearance is made all the more frightening due to a large gash carved through it. Her armor is one of a kind, as instead of the traditional black monstrosities other Samurai wore, hers gleams as if it were silver.

Personality: In her early life Myumi was known to be rash and very lighthearted, she made herself the heart of the 'party' with her large, sometimes overbearing personality. However, once she was exposed to the horror of war, something seemed to change in the young warrior and she became bitter, rarely speaking a positive word. She has only gotten more dour since her death.

Weapons: One steel Katana, that is made from an incredibly light, sharp metal and a Hankyu (Japanese short bow)

Period of history: 13th century Japan

Background: Born on the southernmost Japanese island Kyūkoku, Myumi led a relativity normal (if not boring) childhood, helping her father in his work as a ship builder. The only thing that broke up the endless drudgery and made her stand out, was her immense talent and love for the bow. Whenever she had free time, one could always find her practicing with her bow out the back of her home. One would also notice that she was adapt at her 'hobby', just as the local Shogun did when he came to her father to commission a ship.

The Shogun was a cruel man and despite her fathers objections, he drafted the young prodigy and began having her trained as one of his Samurai. Despite the constant jibes made by her fellow Samurai at the fact she was an inferior woman, Myumi rose to become one of the most talented warriors at her Masters command.

She died in battle in 1274, when she and 40000 other Samurai were sent to repel the Mongol invasion of their fair land.

Notes: A short exert from the tale of Heike, that served as inspiration for Myumi

Tomoe was especially beautiful, with white skin, long hair, and charming features. She was also a remarkably strong archer, and as a swordswoman she was a warrior worth a thousand, ready to confront a demon or a god, mounted or on foot. She handled unbroken horses with superb skill; she rode unscathed down perilous descents. Whenever a battle was imminent, Yoshinaka sent her out as his first captain, equipped with strong armor, and sword, and a mighty bow; and she performed more deeds of valor than any of his other warriors.

Put me down for a slot please, I'll look over the sheet in the morrow, to make sure I didn't make any hungover mistakes.

Jeff Gibson

May 6, 2010
Name: Samuel Brown

Warrior Race: British R.F.C. Pilot

Appearance: Standing tall at 6 feet exactly, Sam is a lean, muscular fellow with brown eyes, a roundish, clean-shaven face, and short blonde hair. Much like the other pilots of the time, he wears a leather flight coat, gloves, flying cap, goggles, and optional scarf. Underneath, he wears a white shirt, green pants with black suspenders, and brown boots. Around the outside of the coat is his belt, which carries the holster for his gun, and two pouches, one for extra ammunition, and the other for rations, and most people .

Personality: Sam is passionate, optimistic, and fiercely loyal to friends and allies. If he sees someone in trouble, he can't resist stepping in to lend a hand. He can be a bit reckless, which has gotten him into trouble a few times, and he is also quite stubborn. He understands that, in war, killing is sometimes necessary, but he doesn't really like the idea of taking a life, and if an enemy tries to retreat, Sam will normally be inclined to just let them go. He loves good food and the occasional joke.

Weapons: A Sopwith Camel and a Webley Revolver.

Background: The youngest of three boys, Sam was born on a farm outside a small British village. A nimble yet sturdy lad, he moved to London when he was 18 and became a professional boxer. When he wasn't training or in the ring, he worked as a grocer to pick up a bit of extra money. During the First World War, Sam enlisted in the air force, having become more and more fascinated with the world of aviation.

He was declared 'Missing, Presumed Dead' on the 15th of March, 1918, when his plane disappeared behind enemy lines.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Jav3lin

Jan 18, 2009
Name: Keran Thedas.

Warrior Race: Templar. (Religious fanatic brandishing sword and shield)

Apperance: Keran's face is aged and weathered. He has a beard across his face accompanied by light brown locks of hair that brandish three long braids down his neck, along with keeping some of his hair flowing along his shoulders, the braids actually mostly serve the purpose of keeping his hair out of his face in combat.
Having been stripped of his armor before his death, he only wears his plate sabatons, along with the plate leg armor. Across his waist he wears a colorful red and golden kilt over his leg armor. Other than that he wears a white tunic and brown leather cufflings stretching from his hands to his elbows.

Personality: Keran believes that everyone who wills it can repent for their sins and be forgiven, but those who walk the paths of darkness will only have themselves to rely on for salvation if the Maker deems them worthy.
He looks at civilians like innocent people and feels the urge to protect them from themselves. For that is what his Order has made him believe. For all his life he's had superior officers and he's always treated them with respect and well being.
In combat he thinks of his allies first, himself second. But before all else; the innocent.

Weapons: Keran carries a shortsword and an inward-curved plate kite shield which is both light but strong and brandishes the seal of his Order.

Period of Origin: 1200 AD.

Background: Keran was born in a holy chapel within his village of Tamreyl. He grew up at a foster home and begun his training into the Order at the age of 5. For his 13th birthday he received his first sword, and was tasked with taking another's life with it.
After his innitiation into the Order he continued his training until he was of age to marry. However, instead of gracing his family with a legacy of a son, he fathered a daughter instead, and if that wasn't bad enough, his wife lost her life in giving birth.
Distraught, he raised his daughter while keeping his place within the Order.
The years rolled by and he met both poverty and fortune through his many years away from his daughter.
By the time his daughter became of age to marry, she was betrothed to a young disciple of the Order and left home to start her own family.
Keran lost his life on an expedition with the Order a few months later. Ambushed at all sides, his fellow men lost their lives within minutes of the attack. Once Keran had been stripped of his armor and taken to their leader, he made an attempt to escape capture by knocking his captives away, grabbing his arms and fighting with tooth and nail until his last breath escaped his body.

Notes: The seal of the Order, which is embroidered on his kilt and shield, is an even scale of gold which represents justice, and over it a large sword that represents vengeance upon the unjust.

Hope it's alright. Surely you need a stereotypical religious nut-job for the crew eh?
Anyway, hope all of the entries make it in, it's a nice RP you got going here. I'd hate to have to just read it. :)

KronosTalon

May 30, 2010
Name:Titus Scribonius Otho.

Warrior Race:Roman Gladiator

Appearance:Titus stands at 6' 3", and weighs roughly 200 pound. Titus is a big guy with broad shoulders and very well developed muscles, adding to his general largeness. Is covered in scars in every place imaginable, more noticeably a large scar crossing diagonally down his chest, and another jagged looking one across his face, barely missing both eyes. Has short, but messy hair and dark brown eyes. Wears a large full helmet- smooth steel with two noticeable spikes on the front, jutting out like bulls horns would. Also wears plate armor, similar to a musketeers plate curiass, but more detailed and designed to look muscular. His legs and arms are wrapped with thick leather and tied with straps of thicker leather, to provide maximum mobility. Has a simple pair of boots, worn with age. Carries his whip in his right hand and his Gladius in his left.

Personality:Titus is killer at heart, but clever enough to know it. Will never assume an enemy is weak or strong, the true test is through battle, and has been known to let the enemy strike first, to measure there strength. Is a proud man, and only likes to have allies who are his equal, or stronger in battle. Strives for perfection, and trains whenever he can to achieve it.

Weapon:His gladius, A 34" sword made from steel, and a bullwhip, the handle being 1 foot long and the thong being 12 feet long.

Period of Origin: In the Roman Empire,Gladiators came about at 264 B.C

Background:Thracian born, Titus had an average childhood working on a farm, he would tend to the animals and help with the crops. Being the oldest of his four brothers, he took responsibility of that as a man, as his father was off fighting battles for the Roman army. When he was 16 years old, some armored men on horseback and a man with a wagon following, came to the farm. They had come to take him and his family into slavery, as his father made a grave error, and insulted the Ceaser, and the guards had him sent back to Rome, awaiting to be sold into slavery, and in turn, his family was to be brought in as well. Titus struggled as best he could, but he was still to young to fight back with any major force, and was soon subdued. His entire family was shackled and brought to be sold in Rome.

When they arrived they were stripped of their clothes and lined up on a stage, and judged based on defects or good traits. When it was all decided, his father was to be put to death in the arena, his mother was to become slave for some man, his brothers, being too young to fight, Were carted off elsewhere, While Titus was to be sold to a ludus in the countryside, to become a gladiator and fight for the entertainment of others. When he got there he was just turning 17, and was put to work as a fighter. He would train at all hours of the day, sometimes stretching into the night and bringing on exhaustion. His large stature helped him become stronger, and soon his skills grew as he was taught by the other men. Just a few years later, he was thrown into his first match as a full fledged gladiator. He was put into a small arena with another man, smaller than him by a long shot. He was given a Gladius and a shield, and they went at it quickly. In the end, Titus was the victor, with nary a scar to prove he had fought. It went on like this for a long time, and he had never lost a match, so driven to win he was. It turned him into a machine in the arena, quickly ending all opponents. He quickly threw down the shield, and grabbed up his other weapon, the whip, to the amusement of the crowd. He would train using both of these weapons together, making him a fluid, deadly force. He would sometimes crack the whip at an opponent, grabbing on by the neck, and with a great tug, would snap it, leaving his enemies dead.

One day, many years later, he was given a match that would change his life. He would fight Romes champion, another large man, and if he won, he would be free. He trained hard for the day, for it was only in a couple weeks that he would be fighting him. The weeks passed quickly, and before he knew it he was stepping into the ring for the last time, wether he died or lived, he would be free of his servitude. It was a long match, and both men were bloodied, Titus having a large gash across his chest and face, while the other mans left arm was cut off, and his leg severly slashed. Titus's breath became coming at a alarming rate, and it grew shallow very quickly, he was bleeding out and needed to end this. With his last bit of energy he cracked his whip forward, catching the mans right hand, and yanked him toward him, making him stumble on his bad leg. All he had to do was hold out his sword as the man ran himself through on it, a spurt of blood hitting the ground as the man layed dead. Titus fell to a knee, and grabbed his whip and rolled it up, then grabbing his gladius and holding it with a firm hand. He then collapsed to the ground, the wounds proved to be fatal as he was finally free, Or so he thought.

Notes: Has severe disliking to any sort of father figure.
Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

FeralPhantom

Apr 5, 2009
Name: Banning the Unkillable

Warrior Race: Celtic Berserker

Appearance: Despite being a "berserker", Banning is not a big burly man with a massive beard. Instead he is an athletically built youth with only the stubbly beginning of a beard. His messy blond hair cut just below his ears, Banning has a large scar running from his forehead to the tip of his nose where he miraculously survived and axe to the face. Banning only wears a pair of linen pants with leather tassets and leather boots, as well as a pair of leather bracers.

Personality: Banning is a brash young warrior who has let his nickname "The Unkillable" go to his head. In battle he is often overcome with a mixture of adrenaline and blood lust which leads to his "berserker's rage" and he prefers to not waste his time on infantry units and charges towards the leaders of his enemy's forces.

Weapons: twin hand-axes

Period of Origin: 11th century Ireland

Background: Banning was born a bastard to seamstress and thus had to fight for most his life. When The High King Brian Boru attacked his town in his campaign to unite Ireland, Banning beat back any warrior that dared near his home with only a large piece of firewood. Impressed by the youths spirit, the king convinced Banning to join his army. During a battle with a local warlord, a thrown axe hit Banning in the head, yet it only went deep enough to stick and not kill him, after the battle it was mused no man had ever been more terrified then the men who saw Banning coming after them with an axe in each hand and another in his head. Now known as "The Unkillable", Banning fought valiantly on the front lines of every battle he could simply to prove that he was in fact unkillable. In 1014 a mixed force of Vikings and Irishmen against Brian Boru's rule met the king's men at the Battle of Clontarf. While the battle was ultimately a success for the High King, Banning fell in battle to a thrown spear attempting to rush through the lines.

Hopefully there are no problems but let me know if there are.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Name: James "JJ" Johnson Digby

Warrior Race: Vigilante Soldier/Detective

Appearance: Pronounced chin with a strong jawline and chisled nose, James is not the easiest to seek out in a crowd, but once noticed can be hard to miss because of his singularly remarkable facial profile. He's also slightly below average size, standing only a little over five feet tall. He has quite curly red hair hidden under a bowler hat, and his athletic physique is obscured by a brown trench coat and gloves. His boots are utilitarian and very well worn, but carefully maintained.

Personality: His words are crisp and biting, the blunt and frank meanings of the things he explains are never obfuscated with unnecessary cruft. James has an undeniable desire for justice and the rights and safety of others, determining for himself the ineffectiveness of Kingdoms and Armies. He fights by his subversive nature towards those who infringe on his idealogies of freedom and peace, and when forced into the situation, opportunistically for survival when it comes to violence. When it comes down to no words and straight fighting, James considers any means necessary and availible to defend himself and/or disable his attacker.
Weapons: Mind and memory as sharp as his nose, a leather-bound notebook, a Colt M1903 semi-automatic pistol, a pocketknife and an incredible amount of skill with his hands.

Period of Origin: 1900, died 1909

Background: An immigrant because of his parents, James grew up in the realm of poverty and injustice in a poorer part of Boston. His two older brothers died because of a criminal shootout at a bank when he was 8, which deeply affected him. He joined the US Army at 16 and served in several small conflicts in Asia during the Boxer rebellion, which solidified his mistrust of the American Military systems. He managed to escape from service by running away from a Military Base at the age of 22, and becoming self-educated on many matters political and criminal. He became his own vigilante crime-fighter, bringing down gangs and smuggling operations by leaving the calling card "Your friend, J.J. Justice" on a piece of paper. His efforts he preferred (and usually succeeded in doing) manipulating the contacts and messages between others to create infighting or other faults leading to the demise of their vices, but on occasion was forced into violent situations, for which his service in the Army assisted him greatly. James was an impeccable shot with a revolver or a pistol.
During an investigation of an illegal shipment ring operating over the Atlantic that he discovered evidence of in Georgia, he got into a violent confrontation with slavers as he neared the apex of being able to stop their operation. He was shot and killed by one of the slave drivers with a shotgun, being hit in the upper thigh, for which he bled out after only a few minutes. His body was dumped into the ocean and never found.

Notes: Has a fear of dogs and flying.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Name: John Athol

Warrior Race: Gunfighter/Brawler

Apperance: John is rather unremarkable a 5'10", and about 200 pounds. What makes him stand out are the scars and the eyes. One eye is a dark chestnut brown while the other is opaque with no iris, a long narrow scar runs across the left side of face running from jaw to hairline across left eye. The right side of his body, from collerbone to hip and down the arm is covered in an old burn. His clothing is simple and practical; a tan full length duster coat with a dark red tunic underneath and a black full brim hat to keep the weather off, as well as sturdy leather boots, and canvas riding pants. He also carries a large canvas bad in which he keeps a bedroll,tinder box, spare gear for making ammo and a sharpening stone. His hair and beard are a plain light brown, that he keeps to a pratical medium length.

Personality: Despite having lived a tough life and having a quick temper, he remains easy going and mostly cheerful. While being a mostly honourable man, he is not above fighting dirty if nessecary. If backed into a corner he will fight tooth and nail, regardless of his chances of survival.

Weapons: A 1877 S&W Model No. 3 single action revolver, in a right handed cross-draw holster (left hip) and a 7" single edged knife on his right hip.

Period of Origin: 1860s in the American West.

Background: Born in 1860 in Carson City, Nevada. He was orphaned at age 13 when his parents where killed in a building fire, where he was severly burned on his right side. Since he had no immediate family, he was placed in an orphanage where his temper got him into alot of fights with the other children. When he was 15 the priest who ran the orphanage tried to molest him, John severly beat the priest with a chair leg and left. After leaving he fell in with a small gang, and quickly gained a reputation as a quick hand with a knife and a skilled shooter. Five years later, after robbing a Wells Fargo stagecoach he got into an argument with his partner over the money, his partner attacked him with a knife catching the left side of his face and damaging his eye. Depite losing the sight in his left eye, his dextarity and accuracy seemed to improve. After leaving the gang life behind and starting to go straight, he was killed in Dodge City in 1887, when he was struck by a stray bullet during a failed bank robbery across the street from the saloon he was in.

Notes: Dislikes priests (especially Roman Catholics), terrified of heights
Hope this works, please tell me if there is anything I should fix

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
This looks really cool, I'd love to be a part of it although I don't know anything about the manga.

Anyways, could my character be a German soldier from the First World War?

If that's ok I'll have a sheet up as soon as I possibly can.