Drifters RP (Closed, Started)

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Cael leaned against a wall, not far from his comrades, and let out a grumble as one of the men tried to awaken. "Well, it seems this waiting portion did not take too long." Despite his relaxed exterior and dour epression, Cael was wearing his blade on his belt and buckler on his back. A sign that no matter his facade, he was under tension.

"You're dead." Cael said calmly to the man who'd only just awoken. "Or, rather, you were. Everyone you see here was at one point. Welcome to our little slice of the afterlife." Cael stood up off of the wall and crossed his arms to face the strange man. "Why don't we start with who you are, where you came from, and more importantly when you're from"

I'll be AFK for about 48 hours while I travel to England. Toasty and Zango have control of Cael.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
JJ sat with his back propped against the wall, head hung forwards in a dreary manner, life gone from his eyes. In a surprising but quieter gesture his head flung upwards, gasping for breath as if he had almost drowned. He continued to sit, breathing deeply and looking off into space, his mind racing with tactics and positions that had been only moments before- his mind was still in the warehouse in Dakar, until his eyes involuntarily twitched to the left, making him take focus of the wooden panel of a wall, entirely alien from the corrugated steel that was.
He looked around, taking stock of his sudden new location, head swinging from left to right quickly scanning the room. It was filled with people, but none of them were wearing turbans and none of them were holding rifles. "Not a Berber in sight." he thought.
His left arm reached down and felt his leg near the groin, realizing an entire absence of both searing pain and telling warm moistness of flowing blood. Wherever he was, he was no longer surrounded by the slavers he was once negotiating with, and no longer mortally injured. With the same hand he checked the feeling of his face to ensure he was all there, some instinctive fear suggesting he might be a different person somehow. JJ began to relax, slowly breathing in his environment. An ornate throne room, unlike any culture he had studied at the university, several other persons with mixed strange and familiar dress and-
James realized in still somewhat holding himself to come to terms with his new presence that his gun and holster were missing from under his shoulder.
"You're dead. Or, rather, you were. Everyone you see here was at one point. Welcome to our little slice of the afterlife." said a Scottish tribesman standing nearer to a different wall, addressing something that had been uttered from a man who looked like he was of a similar temperament to himself. James stood up, brushing off his pants with his left hand, looking around more.
"Wonderful." he said sarcastically.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
What the fuck... John thought, as he came too, One second Im havin a beer, the next...FUCK I GOT SHOT! With that he sat up with a start; not recognizing were he was, or who any of these people where he went for his weapons. "SHIT! Who the fuck has my kit!" He bellowed, raising his fists and backing away form the other. "You chinaman!" He said spotting the man in green robes, "Where'd you take my stuff...you speakee english?"

There was some strangly dressed folks in this room, aside from the chinaman there was a large mick with a sword and sheild, as well some freak in full armour. The rest of the people seemed to be unconcious, execpt for the wop in a gray suit who seemed as confused as John was. The room itself was all stone which didnt help him much, he'd never seen a building quite like this and was pretty sure there wasnt anything like this in Dodge City. "Would somebody PLEASE tell me what THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE!?"

Im sorry if Ive offended anyone with the racial slurs, but they do fit for my character. If it does offend you, PM me and Ill stop

KronosTalon

May 30, 2010
"It is finally over..." Titus said, the last bit of blood passing through his lips before he closed them into a smile. Death in the arena... One of the greatest glories I could have achieved in this life. The smile grew wider, as he fell to the ground and closed his eyes. The pain stopped, and he wondered what was going to happen next. "Where do you take me Pluto..." He mumbled as he felt the hard ground he was sitting on, and began to slowly open his eyes.
Titus took a quick look around, and saw five people in his situation, and three others, two standing closer while one was off at a wall, crossing his arms. He managed to make out the far one saying."You're dead,Or, rather, you were. Everyone you see here was at one point. Welcome to our little slice of the afterlife." Which was strange, because he had never heard that language before, yet he seemed to know it quite well. With a bit of a struggle, he mangaged to make it to his feet when he heard the same man say something else."Why don't we start with who you are, where you came from, and more importantly when you're from".
He managed to look over towards the man with the questions, all the while inspecting his armor and body, searching for any lingering wounds."My name is Titus Scribonius Otho, and I am a Roman Gladiator. As to when I am from, I was never one to keep track." He said, noticing another man was yelling was waking up, and he had just as many questions as Titus did. "But I have a question for anyones voice to answer... Why have I-" Titus said, stuttering and looking around quickly."I mean all of us, been brought back? What is my purpose now?" He said, as he took of his horned helmet to reveal his scarred face.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Wait...what? Dead, how could we be dead? If we were dead we'd all be in a hole right now..." He said as a man with a horned helmet spoke up, "My name is Titus Scribonius Otho, and I am a Roman Gladiator. As to when I am from, I was never one to keep track."

"Roman gladiator? Looks like you just got back from a cheasy Hollowean party." He said with a chuckle. He turned back to the three standing infront of him. "Now what do you mean 'From when'?"

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
"'From when?'? -Certainly is a pertinent question." thought James as he considered the circumstance. "A man obviously from any number of places in Western United States, a person who appeared to probably be some form of aeroplane driver, a Roman gladiator (of all things), Scottish tribesman and knights from different eras and all over the known world. Considering things and from the look of what appear to be my contemporaries, I'm probably the most modern of all the people here. Futuristic, rather.
Last I checked before I [apparently] died, it was December 16th, 1909 AD. My name is James Digby."
He bent down and picked up his hat which had slumped off to the side while he was sitting down, brushed it off and placed it back on his head, retaining a cool composure for a situation as invariably unusual as it was.

Jeff Gibson

May 6, 2010
Sam was beginning to awaken when someone decided to start shouting. He opened an eye and scanned the room, only half conscious. "Keep it down, will you? My head is killing me." With one hand over his face, and the other on the wall, Sam slowly pushed himself to his feet while the others talked. He pulled his goggles up and rubbed his eyes, his head spinning. What a party that must have been, he thought to himself, I don't think I've ever been this hungover.

"Did we win?" he asked to nobody in particular. He opened his eyes, and looked around the room once more. Now properly awake, he began to realize that this was no celebration. He closed his eyes again as he tried to remember how he got here.

He remembered he was in the air, he was spinning out of control. He remembered watching the ground spiralling toward him, as he tried to regain control, only for the ground to disappear, replaced by an odd little man reading a paper. After that, all he could remember was waking up here, wherever here was. He opened his eyes, and looked around once more at the people in the room with him, with only two questions on his mind at that moment. "Where am I, and where the hell is my plane?"

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
"Calm yourselves!" Hui barks at the people regaining their senses.

"You are the same as us, humans that have been chosen by the Keeper to fight in this world," he begins to answer, moving towards the group, his weapon standing taller than him, adding slightly to the oddness of the situation, "no-one has any clue why we were chosen opposed to our peers. But for now, you can either take up arms with us as Drifters, to try and survive. Or we can kill you and let you go back to your respective gods," he shrugs before continuing with answering questions.

"With regards to 'from when,' these men," Hui points his fingers towards James and Titus, "have it correct, 'which year did you die?' is what we mean."

"And finally as you may all be anxious, your weapons are there," this time he motions with the spear tip towards the pile of various weapons at the base of the stairs where Cael and Myumi still stood.

Slowly he looks at each of the new Drifters in turn, "of course, you are free to try and get them, but against three armed fighters? I'm sure each of us would prefer to be civil in this moment, no?" he smiles grimly.

"So please, will each of you indulge us when you died and how? So we may know each a little better and feel a sense of trust between each other, I also assume you all will follow, James and Titus, was it? At any rate, the civility of these two and also give your name if you please," he offers politely, still holding his spear, as if forcing them to make the more civil choice, "and we three, shall in turn tell you our situations."

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
"Well aparently I died Febuary 14, 1923. Shot in the gut and shoulder by the Cops while trying to smuggle in whisky from Canada. Shame really I had my case already lined up. Anyway, the names Vinny, 'Smiley' if ya want." He said grining, not expecting any of the others to get why. Oh well all in due time.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
After calming abit when he realized no one was attacking him, John turned to the man in the strange cold weather gear, "No I don't think we won, but I'm not sure we've lost either, also why the hell are you concerned about carpenters tools?" Taking a deep breath and letting his heart rate continue to drop back to normal levels, John approached the two warriors guarding the weapons. "Easy friends, Im not looking for a fight I just feel mighty naked without my iron." Deiciding not to press his luck he stopped short, "My name is John Athol. The last thing I remeber it was June 12th 1887, and I'd just stopped at the Kicking Horse Saloon in Dodge City to have a beer. The next thing I know some assholes decided to rob the bank across the street, real amature job. Well the Law showed up pretty quick, and these assholes decide to shoot thier way out...MOTHERFUCKERS!! I got killed by a stray fuckin' bullet!" John smiled, chuckling to himself, "Well ain't that a kick in the pants." Extending a hand to the warrior in full armour "HEY! TINMAN! Why dont you come out and say hello."

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Myumi breathed a silent sigh of relief, the newcomers would hopefully stop all blabbering at the same time and stop giving her a headache. The Samurai had been on the verge of loosing it just before Hui stepped in and saved the 'recruits' a massive earful.

However, after the utterance of "and we three, shall in turn tell you our situations", Myumi bristled, as she was always reluctant to tell of her dishonorable end, but, if it kept the newcomers silent and placated, she would share if need be.

"HEY! TINMAN! Why dont you come out and say hello"

"Insolent Gaijin!" declared Myumi, her usualy delicate voice raised, not quite to a shout, but close enough. The Samurai to her feet and strode forward towards the mouthy newcomer, John something. Myumi already new the two wouldn't be friends.

Once she was a couple of feet away from his, Myumi slapped away extended Athol's hand and stopped just infront of him.

"I am Myumi Gozen, you will not address me as Tinman! My armor is steel and I am no man" she continued, her voice low and icy. To be honest, Myumi hadn't grasped modern insults yet and so she decided to try and take the blow to her honor as civilly as she could, atleast until she got the hang of some good modern retorts.

Jeff Gibson

May 6, 2010
Sam shook his head, unable to completely grasp that he had died. He didn't think a dead person would have such a headache. He tried his best to answer anyway. "Well, I suppose I 'died' in the spring of 1918. I was flying my plane back to the base when..." His eyes narrowed as he tried to remember. "I think I was ambushed, might have hit my head, but I can't be sure. Anyway, I remember plummeting toward the ground, and then I woke up here. Oh, my name is Sam, by the way, Samuel Brown."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"HOOIE! This ones got some spunk!" John declaired. "Now why dont you calm down there my dear I didnt mean no harm, the 'Tinman' crack was just a joke; and to be fair with you in full armour I couldn tell that you where a lady." Myumi continued to glare at him "Well I guess Ill get my gear later then." Walking back to Sam "Yo, Sammy you got any smokes? I think Ive got some in my bag, but I aint push'n my luck with the warrior princess overthere" gesturing back towards Myumi. "So, what the hell is this 'plane' you keep talking about? Everyone knows only the bird fly."

Jeff Gibson

May 6, 2010
Sam turned to the American named John as he walked over. "Sorry, I haven't any on me. Never really cared for them, personally." A big smile crept across Sam's face as John mentioned the plane. "Oh, you'll see soon enough. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised." Provided it's still in one piece, Sam thought to himself, once again remembering the whole 'hurtling toward the ground' part.

KronosTalon

May 30, 2010
"Im guessing that from the laugh that was meant as an insult, Smiles"Titus said, walking over to Vinny, who was standing in front of the people he assumed brought them here. Titus took a firm grip of Vinny's shoulder, and said quietly"I may not know what halloween is, but I am not cheesey, nor do I know of anyone who is. I don't need a weapon to teach you a lesson, so watch yourself." He said with an even tone, before letting go of his shoulder and walking toward the weapon pile, but just close enough to be able to spot his weapons in the mix. He then strode toward the men talking about planes, interested in the things they were talking about.

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
Once Athol had moved off, Myumi tried to work off her stress by clenching and unclenching her fists, causing the metal of her gauntlets to click against each other quietly. Once her stress was as relived as it was likely to be whilst in the presence of such dishonorable Gaijin, which was to say not much, Myumi saw the man, Titus move towards the weapons.

While he seemed slightly more honorable than the others she had spoken too, she still didn't trust him with a weapon, and besides, she would be making sure nobody touched a weapon until Sensei-Hui said so, no matter how honorable the strangers seemed. However, determined not to alienate herself from the entire group, Myumi stepped towards Titus who was listening in to a conversation, and instead of drawing her sword or outright smacking the senseless man like she would have loved to do if he were a certain other man, namely Athol, she instead reached her hand out and firmly gripped the mans shoulder.

"Wait, all will be clear warrior. Tell us, how did you meet your end" asked Myumi, her voice returning to its normal soft, yet cold tone.

KronosTalon

May 30, 2010
Titus spun around slowly, sizing up the woman before him."I fought for glory in the colliseum of Rome, a grand place filled with thousands of people, cheering you on, yelling, screaming..." His voice trailed off as he closed his eyes and felt the crowds eyes on him once again, for the final time he hoped. "Gladiators fight for the entertainment of the public, as all started as slaves or men with no other options, and thats what I was, a slave, condemned to the arena by my father, a deserter of the roman army. I fought for many years until the day arose when I would finally have a chance to gain my freedom, one last match in the arena, It would decide my fate. I would fight Rome's champion, A big man that bore only one name, Invincible. The battle dragged on through the day, and everytime blood fell upon the sand the crowd would scream for more, until we both, mortally wounded, would have to decide who was the victor. I cracked my whip one last time, catching him in mid run, and he tripped, falling upon my own blade." Titus said, looking over toward the weapon pile again.
"I proved to be the victor, but at what cost. I removed my chest plate, and my chest was split right open, all the way from the shoulder to the hip. I fell to a knee and died upon the sands, an honorable death, and I thought I was finally free." Titus said, feeling across his armor where the wound would have been, before placing his helmet on the ground. "But now I am here, and wondering why, but everything will be answered in time, right?" Titus asked, looking down at Myumi.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Seeing Myumi grasping Titus' shoulder, he called out "Hey watch out for the ice queen there Titus, shes a real killjoy." Turning back to Sam "Well I figured Id ask, and same warning goes for you, watch out for that oriental ***** in the armour. Though I bet alot of her problems could be solved by a good hard fucking!" Laughing loudly at his own joke John claped Sam hard on the shoulder, making him stagger. "I hate to ask, but you wouldnt happento have a flask on you, would you? Lost mine a few days ago, and I got shot before I could replace it."

Myumi's gonna kill John soon at this rate isnt she?

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
"You died with honor and indeed, all will be revealed t-" began Myumi, before she was cut off by Athol. What he said made the words halt in her mouth and cause her breath to be cut short for a moment, as she was truly stunned, however, the stunning affects of the Gaijins offense only lasted for a moment, before Myumi's breath returned, she felt her ears flatten against the sides of her head, her heart started to beat like a wardrum on a fast march and her pupils dilated.

"Take that back!" said Myumi a couple of moments later, the tip of her sword lightly touching the Gaijins exposed throat. While her body coursed with adrenaline and pure rage, her body and her voice did not betray her, as both were completely still, yet full of threat.

"This may be the afterlife, but I can still enjoy killing you gaijin!" she continued, her low voice practically frozen it was so full of ice.

Let the show commence! I knew our characters would get along!

Jeff Gibson

May 6, 2010
Sam smirked as John spoke. "I'll keep that in-" he was then struck on the shoulder, "mind." Sam stumbled forward slightly, unprepared for the hit, and then nodded to John's question. "Yeah, here." He reached into his pouch and pulled out a small hip flask. "Fair warning, volunteers like me are only given the cheap stuff." He looked up to see the samurai holding her sword to John's throat. He quickly put his hand on her shoulder. "Now, calm down. That's not going to solve anything. Just put the sword away."