Drifters RP (Closed, Started)

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Ok everyone, you might have noticed that we have had no posts in the thread for yonks and that TTT hasn't been online in a while, as it seems life has probably caught up to him. Now, I think this RP has a lot of potential in it and we've got some good players/characters. While I'd like to take up GMing the RP until TTT comes back, I have no idea about the source material, or if any of you are still up for playing.

So basically, would you all mind if I took over the GMship? Does anyone knowledgeable in the source materiel want to take over the GMship? Should I just take over and make shit up as I go on? Or of course, shall we just let it die?

Give me your thoughts and ideas people.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
If it looks like other will stay so will I. I cant help with the source material as I dont know it eather, so if you do take over as GM, I say just make shit up!

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
For the delay and I understand/like how others are unwilling to let this thing die. Three day binges are not friendly...well waking up from them isn't. So once more, sorry for the delay and we'll get back on track now.

"Thank you Myumi," Hui growls lowly, glaring intently at the remaining three men from the Order.

"If you drop your weapons, you may live yet!" he shouts, his voice calm and measured against the excitement of a plan pulled off correctly.

Slowly Alder looks across his two guards, nodding for them to drop their swords, knowing that the elves above would take pleasure in cutting them down if they moved to retaliate.

There! Happy, Drifter?! he barks back, dropping his own blade, hearing it thud into the earth below his horse, you were lucky this time! Next time, the force will be many times more! Then you will burn for your crimes! he laughs harshly.

"So be it, I doubt they will miss you," Hui spits, moving towards Alder, his spear held high, "get down from your steed, now," he growls.

Alder glares down at the Chinaman, his blue eyes filled with hatred. A small smile flickers across his face before he swings himself off the horse, his armoured feet slamming onto the ground. Standing face-to-face, or as near as possible for the height difference between the two, the two commanders glare at each other.

Even on the ground, the Order stands above other humans! he purrs arrogantly, for in his mind, members of the Order were as close to Gods as possible, the master race of humans.

"A filthy mouth will not utter decent language," Hui groans, tired of the bile the Order believes, waving his left hand as if brushing the comment off. The only thing keeping this from being the case is the two twangs of a bow string loosing and bodies slumping to the floor.

"Now it is just you," Hui smiles aggressively, referring to the two guards who where just executed, "so, a company of 50 men against 9 and elves. Your 'superior' Order was defeated by a lower force," he shakes his head sadly, "and still you suppose yourself better than us?"

"For now, you are our prisoner, Alder. We will find out what is needed from you, by force or through co-operation," he nods towards the nearest house, "a suitable place for your interrogation," he smiles once more, before turning to the Drifters, "Vinny, James. I believe you will both be helpful here, if you please?" he asks, motioning to the the chosen hut.

"To the others, I simply ask you try and help clean this place up with the elves, you should also tend to any wounds that you have received. After such, you may drink and relax," he bows to the group in general, "thank you all, very much for joining me in this battle."

Quickly, Hui straightens up, roughly grabbing Alder by the shoulder and pushing him into the hut. Once in, Alder is tied to a chair, placed in the centre of the hut, all other furniture pushed to the side.

You do not scare me, small man, Alder growls lowly, I will tell you nothing, he spits, the phlegm landing on Hui's leg.

"No, but one of the others might," he smiles tightly, "and I look forward to it."

Either (or both) Sage or Anarchemitis can feel free to enter the hut and beat or try and talk to Alder.

For the Order, I'm trying to personalise them as Nazis, since Hitler did found their main city, it seems natural.

Once more, sorry for the absence.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
You're forgiven

John sheathed his sword and tried to stretch. "GAH!! Fuck that hurts!!" he shouted, as his damadged ribs protested. Rinsing the blood and dirt off his face, he took a good look at his face. "Well, it could be worse...I guess" he said, looking over the large gash over his right eye. "At least I still got one good eye."

Gathering his ruck from where he'd dropped it John procceded to rebandage his hand and, cutting up a jerkin from a dead Order soldier, bandage his ribs. "Now for the fun part" he muttered, retriving a needle and some fine thread from his bag. For a moment he considered trying to do it himself, the thought better of it. Grumbling, John looked around for Myumi "Fuck, I guess I gotta swallow some pride then."

Spying her, John walked over, grinning "I know this'll break your heart, but I think I'm gonna live... sorry." Dropping the grin, he looked her in the face. "I know you don't like me, but I have to ask. Can you stitch this gash on my face up? You have the steadiest hands I've ever seen, you're the only person here I trust not to totally botch the job."

A small grin reappeared on his face, Damn! Even with that scar, she IS kinda cute!

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
To any reading of my posts prior, I don't think I caught the bit about us interceding on a battle between the Order and the Elves, so, correct in your mind any posts in which I mentioned attacking Elves, it wasn't clear to me earlier.
"By the indication, Hui's invitation to the Hut to interrogate someone was rather telling of how well he can read people. And here I thought I was hard to read." contemplated James as he entered into the Hut containing a rather annoyed looking person, bound hand and foot to an uncomfortable-looking small wooden chair. The opaqueness of a straw roof surprised James at how effective wheat could be used to darken a room, the doorway being the only source of light in the smallish space, an upturned table and cabinet resting against the walls covering the only windows. James adjusted his hat and unbuttoned his jacket, resting his fists on his waist, taking a long, penetrating look upon the Order detachment leader, although the Leader probably couldn't see James' consternated expression in the poor lighting. James looked to Hui.
"T'ain't much of a man. So what do we need out ov'im?"

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
Myumi had been contemplating the battle at the edge of the village since it had ended, something she always did, in the past it was so she could come to terms with the lives she had taken, but now, now it was a time to play through the struggle in her mind and hone her technique. Strangely, it was times like this that she felt most peaceful...

All good things must end

"I know this'll break your heart, but I think I'm gonna live... sorry."

Athol's voice shattered the calm she had been relaxing in moments earlier and made her come crashing back to reality, just as she was coming to the close of the battle. Leaving her mask dangling from its strap on her side, Myumi turned and faced Athol to hear out his request, trying to resist the urge to berate him for disturbing her.

It turns out he needed help with stitching and as much as she would have liked to say refuse him, unfortunately the responsibilities of leadership kept her from doing so.

Exhaling deeply, Myumi took her homemade suturing equipment from a side pouch and readied it in her hand.

"Dont move your face, dont speak" she instructed, as she moved in and started her task.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"Thank you very much" John said, as Myumi finished stictching his face, "and I do apologize for the intrusion." With a nod, he turned and headed back to the village to help with the clean up.

KronosTalon

May 30, 2010
Titus shoved his sword into his belt, and wrapped up his whip and tucked it there as well. He limped towards one of the elven houses, and took a seat on the wall, sliding down to the ground. He took a moment to examine his wound, feeling around with his fingers and poking it carefully. He picked up a handful of dirt and threw it on the wound, then moved some of his higher leg bindings down to cover it."There... Good as new" He said as he stumbled to get up and limped back to the center to help the elves anyway he could.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Cael tucked his buckler away on his back before strolling into what had turned into a mass grave in the matter of seconds. Slowly, he checked the vitals of any of the Order who weren't obviously dead. Whenever he found a soul still alive, his blade sank into their chest, silencing any breath left within them.
It was not out of hate or anger that he did this, but rather it was out of mercy. Every man was worthy of a painless death in Cael's mind. To let your enemy suffer did a dishonour to both your clan and your enemies.
After he was finished he said a quick prayer to commend their souls to the after life then set to looting the corpses. After all, there was no sense to letting valuables go to waste.
He pulled a nice amulet from one man before shouting for Hui: "Oi! Hui! What do you want the rest of us to do?"

Time Travelling Toaster

Mar 1, 2009
T'ain't much of a man. So what do we need out ov'im? James asks, after his long stare at Alder.

"Simple things, where the local lords castle is. How many men he usually has in the castle. Why he was sent to raid this village," Hui offers as small suggestions, "basically anything you want to know as well," he smiles thinly.

"I also want to know what he knows of the End and the Drifters, since details have been vague so far," Hui mutters, unsure if James would hear him or not.

A voice from outside shatters his small train of thought.

Oi! Hui! What do you want the rest of us to do? he hears Cael shout from outside.

He walks towards the door, opening it and moving outside briefly to shout back, "strip the weapons from the bodies! Give them to the elves. Make sure everyone wounds are treated. Then you can relax, eat and drink if you can find any supplies. We shan't be too long, hopefully!" he shouts back before retreating into the house once more.

Jav3lin

Jan 18, 2009
Keran moved toward the center of the village. There was a nice little well there where he sat down and checked on the gash he received on his shoulder.
"Gah!"
He exclaimed as he poked it and realized it was rather deep.

As he started to retrieve water from the well to clean up his wounds, he heard shouting across his company.
"Strip them of weapons. Sounds easy enough."
When he got a bucket of water resting on the well he tore a little cloth off his shirt and soaked it, whetting up the wound to see the gash better.

"Hey! Anyone good at healing injuries? This wound still bleeds and it feels rather deep."
Keran was getting worried about infection. Only seconds after he wiped the blood off his shoulder, more emerged from the wound and covered his arm.
He was bleeding pretty badly.

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
'Looks like I'm a nurse today, great' thought Myumi after she'd walked back into the center of the village to observe and participate in the clean up, but instead of joining the Elves in their labors, she heard the Knights call for aid and since she'd had a sizable amount of medical experience during her times under the Daimyo, she figured she'd better help.

"Stand still" instructed Myumi once she was a few feet before the knight, a scrap of cloth in her hand that she'd torn from one of the tunics of the fallen.

"You fought well, you were not a common solider in you past life ne?" asked Myumi as she set to work on the wound.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"This is why I never joined the army" John muttered, as he dragged another body to the mass grave the elves had dug. After stripping and moving another half dozen bodies, he was absolutly beat. Finding an out of the way spot, in this case a haypile beside a house, John lay down and promptly fell asleep.

Jav3lin

Jan 18, 2009
Accepting the help that the Samurai offered, Keran gave himself to her use in order to get better.
He had watched many physicians struggle with uncooperative patients and it never ended well.

"I was a soldier. But of a different sort, you see."
He pondered for a moment to figure out the best words to describe his profession.
"I.... Was trained since childhood. I was a member of an Order in my country, and my solemn duty was defending it against any and all threats."

Memories rushed him for a moment and he stopped for a bit.
"My regiment was in charge of scouting the surrounding area around my city and report any mass of soldiers large enough for an army or anything out of the ordinary.
They usually put the Elite Knights on the front lines, and the To-Be-Elite Knights, such as I, scout the area. However, as we were the final scouting party left standing, I doubt that the city stood a chance against a surprise attack."

Keran sat there. Quiet for a moment.
"I just hope I will see my family in the afterlife. However long it will take getting there."

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
"I wish you luck warrior, I too have searched for family and comrades here, but have found nothing" replied Myumi, a tinge of regret in her voice.

Moments later, Myumi had finished with the knights wound, stitching it shut after doing her best to stem the bleeding. She stepped back once the final stitch had been made and analyzed her work, it was disturbing how good she was getting at stitching lately.

Jav3lin

Jan 18, 2009
Looking at his wound, he was very pleased with the results.
"Thank you stranger. You seem to have saved my life.... An honor I hope to repay one day."
Keran left it at that plus a smile.

Standing up and walking away from the well, he started searching the fallen men who had been riding horses.
Usually any higher-ups were given horses, and he might find something valuable.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
"What's your name? Where are you from?"
Alder glared into James' eyes, a mildly bemused smile playing on his lips.

Hmm, I will play your game, for now, he purred.
My name is Kommandant Alder. I have no last name, I surrendered it when I joined the Order. I hail from Orte, a magnificent land west of here, he said, leaning forward, his face close to James'. "you should join us, you're not perfect...but you look strong."

He flicked his glare to Hui then looks back to James. "Why are you teaming with these Drifters? You could have so much more from us," he grinned.
James ignored his attempt and persuading him to betray, rolling his eyes, having seen such wile-based inclinations many times before.
"Just so we're clear, I have the upper hand here. You're tied to a chair and at the mercy of your enemies.
Why did you attack the village?"

"Mercy? This is not mercy, you want information, you are not saving my life. I would happily die for Orte," Alder shrugged, "I have my reasons for playing this game. And we attacked this village based on rumors that they were harboring Drifters. Semi-correct rumors, I see now. So what's next, Drifter?"

"Why would you die for your leader?"

"Why? I assume you are no warrior then? All soldiers would die for their leader- Well, all bar cowards," Alder hissed. "And I am no coward, for Orte I would gladly die, for the Fuhrer as well. But for the fool near here, I won't. Hence why I surrendered, it would be more enjoyable to watch him die," He shrugged as much as his bindings would allow him.

"So when defeat is inevitable or already happened, you value your own life above his." inferred James flatly.

"The local Lord? Yes, I value my life above his, I feel no loyalty to him," Alder snarled, "only for Orte and the fuhrer I would die."
A malicious grin spreads across his face, "As I've said before, I'd enjoy seeing him die. Perhaps...I could replace him, levy the burdens against the elves, allow you to leave here unharmed?" he suggested, shrugging lightly.

James cast a raised eyebrow at Hui, complimented with an expression that read "How much of that d'you think was complete bull?" he returned his cold gaze back to Alder.

"What kind of forces does this Lord have at his Castle, or whatever it is."

"I'd go for about 250, including my ex-squad it was 300," Alder nods, his eyes fixed on the ceiling as he searches his memory. "Only about 9 of those? Ah, only about 9 will pose any trouble, the rest are rank and file trash," he nods, bringing his gaze back to James. "Before you ask, his defenses are fairly standard, about 20 archers on patrol at any time, the barracks and armory are far apart. So if you can get in undetected, you will have a chance of ridding most of the forces with no trouble," he hints lightly, "after all, you do have some of our Armour. Anything else?"

"Who was this Furer you mentioned?"

The fuhrer is a great man named Adolf Hitler, he raised our country from nothing to greatness! Alder quotes, sounding like a history book on Orte.

"So I gathered." quipped James sarcastically. "I presume that's all we need then?" said James to Hui, slowly standing and turning to face him.

Jeff Gibson

May 6, 2010
Sorry about taking so long between posts, couldn't think of anything to write.
Also, TTT, if you don't want me finding my plane yet, let me know.

After the battle had ended, Sam was thoroughly surprised to find himself unscathed. When the order to strip the dead of their equipment came, Sam quickly and quietly went to work.

He was trying to remove a cuirass from a soldier whom he suspected of sneaking extra portions from the mess hall, when he spotted something on the edge of the forest. He dropped the corpse, and wandered over to investigate. What he found there surprised, relieved, and slightly depressed him.

It was his plane, hastily hidden under a pile of leaves. Sam sighed, and held his face in his hands. He didn't know what was worse, that this was someone's idea of camouflage, or that it had actually sort of worked. He looked back up at his plane. "Well, that's that sorted at least." Without another word, he turned around, and headed back toward the well-fed soldier.

Time Travelling Toaster

Mar 1, 2009
Hui nods slowly, "yes, we have the needed information," he smiles lightly.

"But you will live for now, Alder," he sighs softly, "I may still have use for you."

A dark grin flickers across Alders face briefly, oh? What may that be?

"You will find out soon, but for now, you remain here," he orders, before turning to James, "come with me, now we shall relax for the night," he smiles lightly again, "soon we shall be at war."

With a slight bow, Hui turns to the door and heads outside to find out how the others were coping and to find Manwe to prepare a feast for their victory, if the old elf survived of course.

Before that, I must find Cael and Myumi... he thinks to himself before wandering the small village aiming for either of the pair.

Jeff, that's fine about the plane.

As sad news, Sage has PM'd me about dropping out, he shall be missed. And Vinny shall enjoy a blaze of glory soon!

Jav3lin

Jan 18, 2009
Keran removed the chest piece off the Lieutenant to gain easier access to his person.
"Maker forgive me. Forgive me for forsaking the dead so, but I believe in the cause I fight for. Bless this soul and accept him into your eternal kingdom. May you watch over us in this hour of need."
He dove his hand into a pocket he spotted and gripped everything to inspect later.

After retrieving all the weapons and his insignia, he turned to what he had gathered from the pocket.
There was a locket with words written by a lover, a pencil by the looks of it and a previously sealed letter.

After scanning through the letter quickly with his newly acquired knowledge of a language that would have been foreign to him in his homeland, he stood up and walked toward the house.
"Hui!? Hui are you.."
He looked inside, only to see the captive and no-one else save for a couple of elves standing guard.

Walking back outside, Hui caught his eye and he ran toward him. Half limping actually, but you'd mostly call it running.

"I think you might want to read what this says."

Lieutenant Barge Drakle.
When you receive this letter you should already be underway with Kommandant Alder.
You are to follow his orders to the letter, and when you are victorious in capturing the village, you are to kill Alder.
If you question this order or do not complete it, swift and thorough judgement will be delivered upon you and your family.
Kommandant Alder has become a reliability and his unpredictable nature has started to pose a threat within our ranks.
Burn this letter after reading it, and make sure that nobody knows of this. Not even Hitler himself.

Signed: Head Service Leader, Henrik Velfangt.