Drunken Condom-Flicking Mars U.K. Games Awards

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
That sounds like one awkward event. I would have gotten into a fight for sure. Noone flicks condoms into my food and gets away with it.

Why is it that every company has a terrible marketing team? Seriously marketing isn't hard. I hereby volunteer my services to any videogame company/publisher that needs me. I'm fully equipped with common sense, and capable of telling you not to litter condoms all over a classy event. Cocaine is also a not for work activity. Refrain from using it at black tie events.

Camarilla

Jul 17, 2008
Not surprised, the Grainger Games shop I've been in was a craphole. And I live in Hull, so I know crapholes.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
I now I should be talking about the actual news story but all I can think is that putting Greg Davies next to a dwarf is cruel to both of them!
(For those who don't know, Davies is around 6 foot 7)
And seriously, who the fuck are Grainger Games? I've never heard of them!

joe-h2o

The name's Bond... Hydrogen Bond
Oct 23, 2011
This sounds like a classic case of a bunch of marketing guys sitting round a table and throwing out ideas.

"A hummer!"

"Babes!"

"Dwarves!"

Then someone at the back says "hey, Jackass was a popular show - people love those guys right?" and the team leader says "that's it! Big time here we come!"

I can only apologise to the staff on the ground in the retail stores who are going to have to deal with this spectacular own goal from the company. Part of me wants to drop into my local one in Nottingham and just hand the staff some flowers and a "my condolences" card. I'm not sure I will buy anything though, since I couldn't be certain that my cash wouldn't be used in another utterly stupid campaigns (although I guess the chances are slim, since who is going to hire them now?).