Duke Nukem Due for Resurgence in Coming Years

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
The saddest part of the way the series has been handled is that the original Duke Nukem 3D was actually a really good game. It had cool weapons
Agreed.

Tom Goldman said:
fun level design
definetly

Tom Goldman said:
and a mature atmosphere.
WTF what?!

SomeBritishDude said:
I'm so tired of this. Would it just die already?
Nonono, it mustn't die. It mustn't be released, but never be actually scrapped. I just love joking about it too much, even though it sometimes feels like picking on a retard and makes me feel bad (but only sometimes).

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Even if it does come out nobody is gong to like it. Years and years of building something up in your mind always ruins the reality of something. It'll be like the Star Wars prequels all over again.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
I hope they do make this game FINALLY and release it for many to enjoy and all to sit down and say "Holy crap this game is awesome"

Thats what I hope will happen but until 3D Realms gets their shit together there will never be another Duke Nukem game.

Why not hope for a good Duke Nukem game anyway? It's not like i'm on the edge of my seat saying "It's almost here" we should just hope for the best and then forget about it, because frankly if it comes out, great, and if not then so what?

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
To quote journey..."DON'T STOP, BELIEVING"

Seriously though I wish, wish it would die. It will either be really shit or mediocre and I don't care about either in a game

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
I knew Duke Nukem Forever wouldn't die that easily. Its coming out is one of the harbingers of the apocalypse.

Along with Bobby Kotick doing something genuinely altruistic, Gillian McKeith being burned at the stake, and every last Doctor Who fan honestly claiming to be excited about the next actor to play the Doctor.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Agreed.
Catkid906 said:
NEVER!

Always Bet on Duke! ^^

Anyway, IF that screenshot is anything to go by, and IF that trailer briefly mentioned by Scott Miller IS as awesome as he made out, then there may be some hope yet.
Ha-ha, no, it won't. Even if "Duke" was a good character in this day and age, the sheer level of stupid super glued to the franchise means it'll be meh at best.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Subzerowings said:
SomeBritishDude said:
I second this, I played Duke Nukem 3D and it was nothing special.
The only reason he still exists is because he's just so damn manly.
Isn't that reason enough?

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I'll just put this one on the I'll believe it when I see it pile and move on for now. These are all the same promises they've been making for the what is it? Last 12 years now? Every time they get close to release something new and better and shinier comes along and instead of releasing what could be a great game without being technically the best thing out there they scrap the project and start over on the new shiny engine, which again gets eclipsed by something else. Someone needs to shock whoever is in charge of the project with a cattle prod every time they mention starting over on a new engine.

KillerH

Apr 7, 2009
The newest duke nukem is already out, or at least as close as we'll get.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I agree that if 3D Realms just slapped some high-res textures and some updated sound on DN3D that would probably sell quite a few copies. If they also dropped it on XBL and PSN that would help too... There is now a whole generation of gamers that keep hearing about Duke but have never played it.

The other problem with DNF is that people have been waiting so long and it has become so over-hyped that if the 2nd coming of Christ isn't in the box people will just be disappointed...

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Monshroud said:
I agree that if 3D Realms just slapped some high-res textures and some updated sound on DN3D that would probably sell quite a few copies. If they also dropped it on XBL and PSN that would help too... There is now a whole generation of gamers that keep hearing about Duke but have never played it.

The other problem with DNF is that people have been waiting so long and it has become so over-hyped that if the 2nd coming of Christ isn't in the box people will just be disappointed...
NOOOOOOOOO Ninja'd!

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
miller is a gaming crook, he hasn't released a title in 12 years, claiming he has been working on DNF when really he keeps scrapping the game as soon as the next big thing occurred. Miller is not a genius, if he was a real developer he would have come up with original ideas for his game, but instead chose to incorporate elements for other games and films. For this crime against originality, development stalled to a standstill. And this S.O.B. still thinks he can release a quality product? Forget this guy, let Nukem rest as the 90s star whose grown old and baggy, and lets look forward to games that don't have this idiot leading the development team

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
If I was 3D Realms I would have just slapped the original game into some sharp HD graphics and called it a day.
My idea still stands: develop Duke Nukem as a throwback to the original side-scrollers and release it as episodic content for Steam, XBLA and PSN. Hopefully they're taking my idea when they talk about a Duke Nukem Trilogy. Unless each chapter is $15 or less, I can't foresee anyone giving a shit about a new Duke Nukem game. I was a fan back when it came out and I gave up hope for DNF years ago.

Seriously, 3D Realms people: make a side-scroller and release it for 800 MP and do it by next summer. Every day you wait the ashes of your reputation are just blowing in the wind.