Duke Nukem Forever Coming in May

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Jabberwock xeno said:
Dear god...

It's actually happening, insn't it?
Yes it is, man.

Speaking of which, check out the updated version of last week's screenshot.

http://www.2kgames.com/images/misc/MorningWood_A76341.jpg

Notice any...HUGE differences?

Not a Username

Dec 4, 2010
That is simply adorable. But then again, Avatar had been in the works for 15 years, and when it finally came out, I wasn't impressed. Call me a pessimist, but I have a sinking feeling that this will turn out unfortunately bad.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
There's a penis joke above here people. I thought you guys jumped all over stuff like this.

O.T. Go to the Gearbox/2K DNF forums and mention the boxart. I dare you.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
I love the fact that it took them so long to make this game that they had to keep delaying further still, just so that they could update the graphics engine as time went by.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Pirate Yoda Online said:
I love the fact that it took them so long to make this game that they had to keep delaying further still, just so that they could update the graphics engine as time went by.
Flip that around there, buddy. The biggest reason the game was delayed so much was that they kept licencing and modifying so many different engines to keep Duke's graphics on top. Now it's taken a big 180 and now the Duke is settling down in a nice, fairly dated engine. But it has been modified to Hell and back to improve it's rendering, lighting, etc, so it all evens out I guess.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
Triforceformer said:
Pirate Yoda Online said:
Flip that around there, buddy. The biggest reason the game was delayed so much was that they kept licencing and modifying so many different engines to keep Duke's graphics on top. Now it's taken a big 180 and now the Duke is settling down in a nice, fairly dated engine. But it has been modified to Hell and back to improve it's rendering, lighting, etc, so it all evens out I guess.
Ok, good to see they've started being realistic and recognise just how fast technology develops :)