Duke Nukem Forever CONFIRMED at PAX 2010

Lusty

Dec 12, 2008
Badazzninja said:
You wanna play Duke Nukem Forever? Hook up an XBox at a grungy hellhole at a strip club and play Serious Sam during a frat-tard bachelor party. I guarantee that when/if DNF comes out, it'll be a very similar experience.
I really, REALLY hope so!

YoyoTimes5

Jul 14, 2010
Lol to everyone who says they don't care and post here anyway.

I'm expecting an average to above average FPS that everyone will buy anyway. Lord knows I will.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
I've been waiting a while to say this...
HA! Nya nya nya nya nya nyaaaa! I was was right and you guys (the ones who didn't believe) were wrong. The world's most famous video game will be mine!

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Who's willing to bet they set a release date and then the day before it comes out they delay it for like another 5 years?

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Syphous said:
minxamo said:
and?
From what i've heard, duke nukem just sounds like an fps game with a ridiculous protagonist.

In fact, the general feel of this thread seems to be "wow it's actually coming out" as opposed to "yay it will be such a great game."
From what you've heard? So... you're too young to have any love for Duke I assume?
no he's just aware that this game is a bland fps, made by an incompetent developer, what took them so long? seriously call of duty and halo look like similar games and they release every other year, if this game doesn't totally reinvent fps' then the developers should be ashamed

Omega V

Apr 21, 2010
by the gods, its actually true everyone!!!!

not that I really care, I've never played a DN game, and I dont intend to any time soon.

Sgt Doom

Jan 30, 2009
I'll probably buy it just to see what it's like. I've spent $60 (or rather, $80-90, seeing as i'm in Finland) on much worse.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
O shit, this explains EVERYTHING that has been going on in my life lately, the planets have aligned and everything if different.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Kragg said:
minxamo said:
Syphous said:
minxamo said:
and?
From what i've heard, duke nukem just sounds like an fps game with a ridiculous protagonist.

In fact, the general feel of this thread seems to be "wow it's actually coming out" as opposed to "yay it will be such a great game."
From what you've heard? So... you're too young to have any love for Duke I assume?
Yes, i'm too young to be caught up in stupid nostalgia.
duke 3D isnt good cause its old, its just plain good, i played it again last year and still loved it
what makes it better than any other fps?

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Hope Yatzhee likes the taste of crow. And shit. And dying.

You know what'll happen? It'll get released, it'll be pretty good, and then a week later Valve will drop episode 3.

Osalot_TH

Sep 10, 2008
If anybody was paying attention they could have seen this coming. The leaked demo footage was enough to at least estimate that a very good chunk of the game was done so why wouldn't valve (a la gearbox) want to finish it off and sell it. It actually looked like a pretty decent game.

Willis_D

May 27, 2009
I just want it out so people can stop fucking going on about it.
Worst case: Turns out it is, in fact, shit. People will slag it for a while, but after that, there will be no more mention.
Best: Turns out awesome, but still not worth the wait. Slagging for a while, then nothing.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
YoyoTimes5 said:
Lol to everyone who says they don't care and post here anyway.

I'm expecting an average to above average FPS that everyone will buy anyway. Lord knows I will.
you think everyone will buy an average to above average game when the only people buying it are doing so because of nostalgia

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
>.> ya know, if this is real, and i doubt that, Yahtzee might have to actually do a REAL review of it XD

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I've been watching a stream of it at PAX, and I must say, the gameplay looks utterly generic. Lovely brown and grey stages, regenerating health and an utter lack of what made Duke more than just an FPS. Still, obviously, I haven't played it, but just on gameplay alone, it looks bland.