Duke Nukem Forever Having Drinks With Yahtzee

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I guess this is how you know when you've made a name for yourself in industry when they start doing well publiced events in your side projects. Good on Yahtzee and his business partners.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
JediMB said:
Arkhangelsk said:
At first I thought the voice actor dropped by and had drinks with the hat-wearing cynic. But this is way more awesome. We need a Mana Bar in Sweden, now!
Agreed. Let's have one set up in Gävle!
No, Stockholm!

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
Hahaha; Yahtzee you silly bugger; I have a feeling Gearbox might be thinking along these lines; 'Make fun of Duke Nuke'Em Forever when it's "canceled" why don't you? Well, have this A-bomb on your store!'

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
You all probably think I'm mad. I live 15 minutes drive from the mana bar, and have absolutely no interest in going to this :p

Also, it's really more like 'Yug's Mana Bar'...poor Yug always in Yahtzee's shadow =(
(give yug a hug)

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
I had a laughter attack unlike any other when I read the headline to this. Given the past history between DNF and Yahtzee...this decision is beyond epic. But yeah...we'll see how it goes when it does happen I suppose. Mana bar is the mana bar in the end, it's its own beast. But still...the implicated irony is too hilarious.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Clever advertising strategy.
Pity I don't live in Australia; this might have actually been worth the effort.

I'm still not sold on DNF. Not even close. But at least this advertising blitz is a whole lot more interesting than, say, Halo Reach's was (Suck it down Microsoft. Your massive expenditure of money did little more than annoy me).

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
PedroSteckecilo said:
I'm trying to be apathetic about Duke Nukem Forever, I really am, but Gearbox is putting such a good foot forward that it's hard not to be infected by their enthusiasm. They've already shown they can do good comedy with Borderlands, so hopefully Duke Nukem can be sharp and fun without seeming stupid or irrelevant.
This is basically exactly how I feel. I never played any of the original Duke Nukem games (mostly because that fake 3-D they used gives me motion sickness), but the more I hear about this, the more I want to play it.

Gearbox is trying really, really hard to make up for all the bullshit that fans have had to go through just to play this fucking game, and you get the impression that not only do they love this game, but they want as many people as possible to play it. Honoring decade-old preorders, blatently making fun of the excessively long development, and handing out demos to the unwashed masses makes me wonder if, perhaps, I should have bet on the Duke.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Waw. That is going to be one awkward encounter, given Yahtzee's, erm, "not too kind review" of Duke Nukem Forever. But then again, this will make for some awesome material for Extra Punctuation.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Arkhangelsk said:
JediMB said:
Arkhangelsk said:
At first I thought the voice actor dropped by and had drinks with the hat-wearing cynic. But this is way more awesome. We need a Mana Bar in Sweden, now!
Agreed. Let's have one set up in Gävle!
No, Stockholm!
There's enough stuff in Stockholm already!

...Let's compromise and meet halfway in Uppsala.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
The Gentleman said:
They do know about this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/748-Duke-Nukem-Forever], right? Or are they doing this solely to make awkward conversations with the manager?
You kidding? That's probably why they chose to show it off there.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I swear it sounds like from the "too crude for ESRB" thread that they BASED what they could of the game on Yahtzee's review...and my guess is he'll probably be a little nice to any Gearbox games coming out

I'm suprised they haven't started making more Mana Bars, they should bring them to the US, we're already fat and lazy, we can take after those of us with Irish ancestors and add drunk to our stereotypes while we steal everyone elses (seriously though, I'd fucking LIVE in a Mana Bar if they made one here in Cleveland, sleep? Work? Who needs those, I have Littlebig Planet and a Mudkip shot, why do I need anything else?)

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Yahtzee, please mate, get one set up in Britain. Reading, London, Guildford. All places I would be able to travel to on a regular basis.

If you could also serve Tea and Chocolate Digestives I would be grateful.