Duke Nukem Forever PC Specs Revealed

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Pretty light? Wut? My ATI x1600 can't run it :( .

I hate my gaming hobby for this. Tech bought now is obsolete in just a few years. And it's always the goddamn videocard. Never do they push the audiocard to it's max or whatever. I match everything on that list but the videocard. Sigh.

Well I guess DNF won't come to me then this year :p I think I can survive the wait tho.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
okay, probably, PROBABLY, my PC will run it

nobody cares about my humble little Intel Dual Core anymore T-T

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
MY GOD! I can run this! I was expecting to have it be unplayable on my laptop, but I can play it! Glad they're using the Unreal 2.5 engine, 3 hates my computer. 2.5 works great, usually.

EDIT: Wait, an ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4250. Will that work? It can run most games, newest one I think was the new Medal of Honor game. By newest, I mean graphics tech.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
What, you mean it doesn't work with my 3DFX Voodoo 2?

Shit, I bought that card specially when DN:F was announced.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Well it looks like I didn't need an upgrade anyway... but still it's nice to have one...

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
so without further adieu
The phrase is, "without further ado". Ado is a synonym for fuss; eg. much ado about nothing = making a fuss over nothing. So, without further ado = no more fuss. Adieu is just French for bye.

Other than that, I think I've got an abacus hanging around somewhere that beats those specs.

Pebkac

May 1, 2009
Wow. The minimum specs are exactly what my (5 year old) laptop has.

Too bad I already pre-ordered the Balls of Steel edition for 360. It'll probably look much better on the 360 than running it on minimum settings on my laptop.

I know I need a new gaming rig, but this isn't the game that's going to convince me.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
AnythingOutstanding said:
This is what we get for making it a console port instead of a PC exclusive like it should have been.

*cry*
wtf is your problem? looks like high-ass specs once again like you pc gamers love so as to keep the dirty peasants who can't afford your super graphics cards and have the deep ass wallets to afford that shit

just because it isn't crysis grumble grumble...

EDIT: One thing i REALLY don't understnad is WHY PC GAMERS WANT MEGA-HIGH SPECS?! wtf is the goddamn deal with having specs higher than the moon? so what if more people can play the games you play? elitism makes me so pissed...

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Glad to know I won't have to worry about running it. Then again I never have to worry about my computer running stuff. 5 years old and still runs everything perfectly.

Pebkac

May 1, 2009
redisforever said:
MY GOD! I can run this! I was expecting to have it be unplayable on my laptop, but I can play it! Glad they're using the Unreal 2.5 engine, 3 hates my computer. 2.5 works great, usually.

EDIT: Wait, an ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4250. Will that work? It can run most games, newest one I think was the new Medal of Honor game. By newest, I mean graphics tech.
A 3850 is much better than a 4250.

"Series 3" vs "Series 4" isn't going to make a huge different, but the 8 in 3850 signifies a gaming series card, while the 2 in 4250 signifies general purpose; ie: high definition movies.

It's like Celeron 3.2 GHz VS Pentium 2.6 GHz.

Andy Chalk said:
Button-mashers have it easy when it comes to buying videogames. All they have to worry about is which logo is on the box. Those of us with more refined gaming palates have weightier matters to contend with, however, foremost among them being "minimum system requirements," the arcane formula which tells us whether or not a particular game will run on our rig.
Like how those with more refined taste drink bottled water.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
I feel slightly bad that i don't remember the specs on my current desktop... My old one i had them affixed to the front, this one.... Well..

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
I've used this image before but:​

Ot: Doesn't seem to bad, In fact, steam means sales, sales mean cheep games. I won't be getting this on day one. X3

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
What? Such light specs...
Even my 4 year old PC which I replaced last week could easily run that...