During loading times

GmonXyZ

Mar 3, 2012
anthony87 said:
I scratch myself....

I scratch myself goooooooooooood

^ This

Meanwhile i check the rss feeds on my keyboard lcd, and take a sip of my coffee.

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
Elate said:
PC, I never have a loading time that is over 20 seconds.
Are there even PC games with load times that long? I don't remember any game in the last 2 years have one longer than 5 secs, unless you count total war when all the AI's take their turn.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I just basically just check if I got any new message on here and in my email and aswell refreshing the forum page for any new topics.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
Get a drink. Go to the bathroom. Blow my nose (accursed allergies!). Contemplate next D&D character/dungeon. Stare off into space.

Paladin2905

Sep 1, 2011
Usually have a laptop next to me to check email, or more recently just play another game. Dragon Age: Origins loading times are just excellent for adding another room onto a Minecraft castle.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
It would probably be a good idea to do some kind of exercise during loading delays. Pushups or something.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Take a sip of my precious Pepsi bottle, that's always beside me, or take a new snuff. When I've done that I just stare at the TV like a zombie, thinking about how much I hate loading screens.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Elate said:
PC, I never have a loading time that is over 20 seconds.
Those are the ones I'm talking about. I feel the need to do something during those 20 seconds and therein lies the challenge!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Read a little, or browse the internet. I sometimes try to remember song lyrics, or play a bit of Starbase Orion on my ipod.

If gaming with a significant other, that's generally a good time to kiss for a bit.

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
If the game has really long loading screens (Sims 2 and Spore had these) I will actually read a book. I read the entirety of The Walking Dead series (the comics, obviously) while waiting for Garry's Mod and Spore.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Check out whatever web pages I have open on the other screens.

Yeah, that's right, I'm totally saying I have more than one screen and I'm immensely cool for doing so. Innit.

Felipe Nurwandi

Oct 30, 2011
haha i usually have my laptop beside me during a game session, so I can easily browse Facebook, Twitter, Escapist, etc. while I'm trying to find a match in Street Fighter or something.

If I'm gaming on the computer then I can easily Alt-Tab any loading times.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
PC so maybe 3 seconds on a loading screen, and usually I glance out the window or take a drink. When I played 360 I'd usually just keep talking to teamates on COD.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Turn to my laptop and watch videos related to the game in question.