Dwarf Fortress succession game

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
MasterSqueak said:
Tell me how to take screens, and I'm in.
Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard, ctrl+v the screenshot into Paint, cut as you like, upload to an image storage (like Photobucket, fer example.)

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
i'd be in if i ever knew how to start it (as in for some reason ASCII games have something against me. I couldn't even begin building stuff last time i tried..

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
ravensshade said:
i'd be in if i ever knew how to start it (as in for some reason ASCII games have something against me. I couldn't even begin building stuff last time i tried..
Go here for a graphic pack. [http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php] Might clear up that confusion.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
Omnidum said:
ravensshade said:
Go here for a graphic pack. [http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php] Might clear up that confusion.
that might help thanks hmm is it standalone? or do i have to put it in my dwarf fortress folder somewhere..
edit: nvm

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
Omnidum said:
MasterSqueak said:
Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard, ctrl+v the screenshot into Paint, cut as you like, upload to an image storage (like Photobucket, fer example.)
There is no print screen key on my laptop! D:

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
MasterSqueak said:
Omnidum said:
MasterSqueak said:
sure there is! there's even one on my 15 inch laptop (unless you've got one of those mini thingies but you could try
http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
print screen making program you can set your own binding for it

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
ravensshade said:
MasterSqueak said:
Omnidum said:
MasterSqueak said:
sure there is! there's even one on my 15 inch laptop (unless you've got one of those mini thingies but you could try
http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
print screen making program you can set your own binding for it
Nevermind, I found it.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
so are we starting over or continuing? (well first making a test game with the graphical version to see if the game still hates me XD

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I would like to see this started up again. Granted, I wouldn't be able to participate (I'm downright terrible at the game, due to lack of knowledge), but I want to see the Escapian fortress rise from the ashes.

Perhaps a new thread is in order, considering the OP does not seem to be around to keep things moving? Hrm.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
heh trust me scot with the graphical version i still have no idea... (maybe i should use a normal keyboard with numlock keys and not my laptop keyboard..)

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
Heh, I have a big laptop so I get a numpad. If you want I could make a new thread, might lure more people in with its shiny newness.

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
MasterSqueak said:
Heh, I have a big laptop so I get a numpad. If you want I could make a new thread, might lure more people in with its shiny newness.
Do eet. Might also attract veterans. Also, dibs on third place!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
MasterSqueak said:
I can type up something for the OP if you want: the basic rules and such.