E3 2010: ENN: E3 Bytes - 6/18/2010

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
ENN: E3 Bytes - 6/18/2010

Activision announces some innovative stuff, and Microsoft gets more in-depth with Kinect.

Want to see more ENN? Join The Escapist ENN: Rejected [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/registration/subscribe] outtakes!

Become a fan on Facebook! [http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Escapist-News-Network/138150013118]

Watch Video

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I watch you before I watch Zero Punctuation!

Because your released earlier.

Great as always, and that Kinect thing made my ribs explode. I should really go see a doctor.

Calumon: Graham's beard looks fuzzy. I wanna rub it!

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
May 6, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
I want a milo tree, and to make them fight for my amusement

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Loved this little mini series! was fun! Also...Peter Moleneux, always ready to make us all giggle!

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
I was quite surprised when you mentioned that I watched Zero Punctuation before this. How the hell did you know?!

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Very funny bytes guys, nice one.

[small]I want a milo tree in my back garden. Though growing children might be frowned upon.[/small]

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:

Great as always, and that Kinect thing made my ribs explode. I should really go see a doctor.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Anyways: I liked these E3 Bytes.
Too bad that they're over...

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Two things mainly;

I LOVE the jab at Zero Punctuation, regarding rabid fanboys who really only flock to The Escapist for more Yahtzee and then bugger off elsewhere.. Or just watch other stuff blindly.

Secondly, Graham's Peter Molyneux accent is... Mind-numbingly awesome. Too good to just be a fake accent... Is Graham secretly Peter Molyneux..?

MILOS FOR EVERYONE~!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
I also watch ENN before Zero Punctuation. I actually get more laughs from it.

Elec0

The Master of Fractals
May 29, 2009
Haha, great episode as always. That Molyneux imitation was a bit too good, if you ask me.

SpectralAnomaly

Apr 4, 2010
I too thought Graham's Molyneux impersonation was awesome!

I do actually watch ZP first, but only because it's the bookmark above ENN in my favourites...

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
Oh my god he nailed my fantasy of growing an army of children to take over the world!
Regardless it's sad to see the bytes go (for this year), but then you can't make clips of something that's not even happening... right?

Keep up the good work, then I may change my usual wednesday schedule of first random tab opened, first watched to actually pick one of the open tabs and see them in any given order.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
I loved the whole activision thing especially when Graham said "Dosn't sound the much unblivable"

It's shame its the last one but good things don't last forever

therandombear

Sep 28, 2009
Hileict said:
Two things mainly;

I LOVE the jab at Zero Punctuation, regarding rabid fanboys who really only flock to The Escapist for more Yahtzee and then bugger off elsewhere.. Or just watch other stuff blindly.

Secondly, Graham's Peter Molyneux accent is... Mind-numbingly awesome. Too good to just be a fake accent... Is Graham secretly Peter Molyneux..?

MILOS FOR EVERYONE~!
True, have we ever seen Peter and Graham in the same room at the same time? The plot thickens... dun dun dunn

AngryMongoose

Jan 18, 2010
Your milo credits idea sounds amazing; I want a fable 3 mod for that.

ENN comes onto the escapist first ∴ I watch it first. Also, it's better.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hahaha, fair enough, Graham. Just for you, I'll watch ENN first next week. Though...no promises, eh?

Hulyen

Apr 20, 2009
So Graham, when are you going to record for us an escalating crazy promise fight between Peter Molynowayicanspellthat and Billy Mayes? Because you do both of those impersonations WAY too well.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
For the love of God, someone else sponsor an Escapist Vidoe. If I have to watch that mouth breathing Canadian shill SlimJims like a wusst Canada version of Randy Savage in front of every single video next week, I am going to invade Canada and pay them back for Edge, justin Bieber and Nickelbacl. Especially fucking Nickelback.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
As for watching ZP first, you post it like 2 hours AFTER you post ENN! We might watch it first if you let us!

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Mr.Stark i believe to be untrue in my situation
because i like to hear about news before rants. it is how a start my Wednesdays.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Pugiron said:
For the love of God, someone else sponsor an Escapist Vidoe. If I have to watch that mouth breathing Canadian shill SlimJims like a wusst Canada version of Randy Savage in front of every single video next week, I am going to invade Canada and pay them back for Edge, justin Bieber and Nickelbacl. Especially fucking Nickelback.
ok for all those people who you hate. any Canadian with a brain cell will tell you my bad.
but Justin Bieber was for shits and giggles also we wanted him out of our hair. have you heard that little kid's voice?

omega247

Apr 12, 2010
ENN > ZP

i had to stop my sides splitting at the activision jibe (especially grahams dead pan response about it being believable)

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
I will support the Call of Duty Good Morning Vietnam plan on one condition. When the game detects excessive cursing and/or voices cracking they are automatically muted and all the kid/griefer can hear would be Robin Williams screaming back at them, but not in the funny way.

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Ha your see you next time statement is wrong because I always watch you before Zero Punctuation! Course I watch other stuff before him too XD Wednesday is video day for me when all my online videos are updated.

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
This was a good short series, in formative and entertaining. I hope you guys do something similar for PAX and Gen Con, maybe have Moviebob do a guest shot as the correspondent who talks about the "Thor" previews.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Pugiron said:
If you don't like the videos, why are you watching them? And then posting here?

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
He seems actually to have a problem with some ambiguously referenced commercial that runs in front of the video.

Anyway, I am totally busted on watching ZP first. But in truth, it was Yahtzee that brought me to Escapist, so I'm sure the ENN news crew understands that you hafta dance with who brung ya.

waterblender

Varia Suit Maintenance Engineer
Apr 15, 2010
OMG, you are reading my mind! watching ZP before ENN
i actually do it in that order because i'm saving the best for last :)

i'm guessing they came up with the joke by looking at viewing statistics.

ANeM

Aug 19, 2007
The "child" sensing thing worries me a little. I mean, at first glance it seems an alright enough idea, it could, for example, be used for parental controls and scaling back difficulty..

However, I'm concerned that it won't actually be detecting children, rather looking for say, people with skeletal systems that are not as developed as the average adult. The problem is that while children do fit into that category, it isn't exclusive to children.

It seems like such an easy choice from a PR stance for MS to use this child sensing tech to lock out Kinect Video chat and M/T rated games, vocal parent groups would never speak against to a company doing once again their jobs for them.

However, if the system is unable to tell the difference between a child and someone who is afflicted with dwarfism then you're going to end up with people who can't use these features or play these games because the sensor thinks they are 4 rather than 40, which will come with its own fun brand of press backlash.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I don't have a set watching period actually. I usually come here and go "oh yeah!" and watch whatever I think of first :p.

That being said, I like the idea of planing Milo in the ground and having the little Milos battle for your amusement. Thats a game I'd buy :p

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
How did they know I watch ZP first?!

It's mostly just because the ZP button is waaaaay up here, and the EEN button is waaaaaaay down there though.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
No no, I watch you before Zero Punctuation, though it is mainly because I like to save ZP for last, like a delicious dessert, but that's not to say you aren't a tasty pizza.

Anyway, a slightly smaller, but still delicious pizza today.

I look forward to flayling around for the better part of next year.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I watch it as soon as I get acces to my computer. order is random.

Damn you, little brother!

mr-fix_it

Apr 15, 2009
I watch ENN first because it becomes available like a hour or two before ZP :/ anyway these news bites have been very good ^^

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Kathleen's getting a bit over the top in my opinion...still, awesome as always. Graham is the master of straight-face.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
I don't even watch ZP anymore, tbh. Yahtzee's act is getting old.

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
Weird.. ENN always comes 1-2h before ZP, doesn't it? So I always watch it first.

Wes1180

Wes1180
Jul 25, 2009
I loved grahams impression of Peter Moleneux and I also watch this before I watch Zero Punctuation :)

My1stLuvJak

Jan 28, 2010
Two minutes of my time that I'll never get back. Thank Gosh goodness for Zero Punctuation on Wednesday! That's not all I watch, tho...the weekly articles are usually worth a look, Experienced points is always an interesting read, too.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
MowDownJoe, you retarded child molester, I love the videos. I hate the Ads. I am commenting here to let the world know I love the videos, hate the ads, and think you are a moron, in total agreement with your parents.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
therandombear said:
Hileict said:
Two things mainly;

MILOS FOR EVERYONE~!
True, have we ever seen Peter and Graham in the same room at the same time? The plot thickens... dun dun dunn
It's sort of like the recurring gamer joke that Kevin Siembieda and Steve Jackson might be the same person. They actually look fairly similar (or did at one point).

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I personally got the most chuckles out of the child sensor and the pedobear referance.

Though honestly, it did make me wonder if this is going to cause a lawsuit. If this somehow locks out content by detecting children or something, and actually functions, what is going to happen when little people (like dwarves and midgets) want to play video games?

Ironically there have been special interest law suits over less.

I can see it now, Bridget Powers sues because the system claims she's lying about her age and is not ready for adult content and to learn about sex. :p

... and don't pretend you don't know who Bridget Powers is.

cornmancer

Dec 7, 2009
HAHA, I was hoping they wouldn't find out I watch ZP first and then they're all like "hey we know you watch Yahtzee first, it's cool man.

cornmancer

Dec 7, 2009
Hileict said:
Two things mainly;

MILOS FOR EVERYONE~!
I used to be said fanboy, but I have seen the light, and now I know that ZP is just the most awesome thing on a sight filled with awesome things =P

JonnoStrife

Sep 5, 2009
I always have Zero Punctuation and ENN up in tabs together! ITs just that Zero punctuation is the one on the inside tab...

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
The Peter Molyneux impression was perfect!

Brightmorn said:
So how many people went to google and searched children?
I definitely didn't!

[sub]Okay, I did.[/sub]

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:

True! And exactly what I was going to say...

Calumon said:
Also true! Although I'm not entirely sure I want to rub it...

And I was pleasantly surprised by Mr. Stark's stereotypical english accent/Molyneux voice. It worked!

Hmm... quoting Jack and Calumon separately - a new game for the escapist?

siddif

Aug 11, 2009
Haha loved it as usual! I normally watch you guys after ZP (its nothing personal, i swear!) and loved the Molyneux monologue at the end, priceless =)

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
I just love where they added in the part about Zero Punctuation. I wait until the end of the day to go on the Escapist, and that is usually what I do. My favorite jokes are the ones that point out things that are true. That's why I watch you guys and Yahtzee.

It kind of reminds me of this thing SNL did. Alec Baldwin was addressing the audience and he said, "distinguished guests, audience members, and all of you watching at home tonight or more realistically on your computer Monday morning." I laughed like crazy because that was exactly what I was doing.

Anyway, I love the work you do. Loading Ready Run, ENN and the Unskippables are one of the reasons I keep coming back to the Escapist. You guys are awsome. I look forward to next week's stuff.

Jackel86

May 3, 2008
I watch ZP first because you guys are always funny. ZP can be hit or miss sometimes.

That way, I always end my video watching with a laugh.