E3 2010: Kinect Launching Nov. 4 With 15 Games and Star Wars

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
E3 2010: Kinect Launching Nov. 4 With 15 Games and Star Wars

Microsoft's controller-free "Kinect" will be in stores November 4th of this year, with 15 games - and at least one Star Wars action title on the way.

We've seen a ton of Kinect action in Microsoft's E3 2010 press conference [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101327-Liveblog-Microsoft-E3-2010-Media-Briefing], but our two biggest questions - when will it be coming out, and how much will it cost? - have yet to be answered.

Well, they just answered one: Kinect will be in stores November 4th, with 15 new games. Microsoft also said that it had an exclusive arrangement with LucasArts to deliver a Star Wars action title next year. Real-life lightsaber dueling? Yes, please.

Keep watching our liveblog [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101327-Liveblog-Microsoft-E3-2010-Media-Briefing] for all the news from Microsoft's press conference.

Keep track of our E3 2010 coverage here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/e32010].

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
A Star Wars action title? Eh?
A Star Wars action tile that will register full-body movements and allow to force push and force chokes using ridiculous hand gestures - yes, please.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Sounds interesting, has the 150$ cost been confirmed? Star Wars sounds great, but I'll have to try it in my GS first before the thought of purchasing it.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
If Natal (far better name than Kinect) had a good price they would have announced it already, I'm waiting for the sting to the wallet to be announced before my ridiculous hype-o meter starts for the Star Wars game.

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
Natal/Kinect - An experiment to determine whether a gaming company can sell even the most pointless peripherals as long as they remember to license a Star Wars game.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
And yet, I am still completely, utterly uninterested.

And why the heck did they change the name? Natal was better than Kinect. Bleh.

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
CoverYourHead said:
And why the heck did they change the name? Natal was better than Kinect. Bleh.
It may have something to do with Natal being the relative word for Xmas on some parts of the globe.

Depending on the price that would be my end-of-year present to myself for being an evil boy.
Even though, if it turns out to be another way to alow gimickry a lone Xbox 360 will do the trick, since I'm already a proud owner of a Wii.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Skynet? Oh wait.

But the Star Wars game looked cool, and Forza 3. Ubisoft did shit again. I just hope that some companies can bring some cool games with Kinect

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It's Kinetckt now? I thought it was announced that it was called Wave? That was a faster switcheroo then the Ultra-to-Nintendo 64!

Anyway, it sounds promising enough. Still not going to get it but that's just me

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Well, it's about time. Considering I don't have a 360, this isn't going to be the deciding factor to push me over to buy one.

For some reason none of my friends are very excited about this. I mean, motion controls could be annoying (ie: running in place and jumping for hurdles, heh) but they could be the start of something much greater, just to show that the technology is out there and actually moving forward.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Gods that was the biggest cock-block of all time. The whole Kinect thing had me in a downer, I was just hoping for a brawler game and that didn't come.

And then they mentioned LucasArts. I was ready to have like 243235253 orgasms at the same time, I was bouncing up and down my chair. Could this really be true?! And then they showed the game...
That looked ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!!! Seriously, absolutely pathetic. It was like...sort of 3D, didn't look like it. And that droid....góds. Those explosions... Those Stórmtroopers... So sad, so incredibly sad.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I hot s bad feeling on tons of shovelware...I really hope since spending do much on it titles will improve!