E3 2010's biggest dissapointment?

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Swifteye said:
The obession with pointless gimmicks rather than showing off games that might be different and fun. Sure. They also did that but focus was on the vapid stuff and that's disapointing.
No ME3, No DA2, No PSP2, No Beyond Good and Evil 2. A huge focus on motion controls, which I would not call a 'gimmick', but I only have a mild at best interest in. What are they good for anyway? Sword and gunplay, that's IT. Otherwise just gets in the way. Nothing new announced by Double Fine productions. And to top it off, only two new games that got me interested in the whole freakin show.

(El Shaddai and Journey)

Leon's Hell

Dec 20, 2009
My biggest disappointment came from the level of excitement that Kevin Butler received. He is an ad man, made to say "You're too stupid to know what you need, so you're going to buy what I tell you to" in a slightly more round about and polite way. Maybe it's because I'm not American and I don't like that kind of character?

GnomeThief

Apr 9, 2009
The biggest disappointment for me was that there was no Elder Scrolls V announcement. I wasted three days of my life keeping up with e3 coverage for nothing.

Awake-

Jun 7, 2010
Jumplion said:
No "The Last Guardian" at Sony's E3 conference makes me a sad panda :'(
But you're a lion. Or a stickman.

OT: No Rockstar. Missed Fable 3.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Time Crisis: Razing Storm for me.

They brought back an arcade classic, and they HAVE to stick it with the Playstation Move of all things.

WHYYYYY?!

GnomeThief

Apr 9, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
GnomeThief said:
The biggest disappointment for me was that there was no Elder Scrolls V announcement. I wasted three days of my life keeping up with e3 coverage for nothing.
Atleast we are getting a 2 player co-op Dark Fantasy dungeon crawler from Bethesda.

Good point. I had forgotten about Hunted: The Demon's Forge. That does look pretty sweet.

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
LordNue said:
Mr. In-between said:
LordNue said:
Mr. In-between said:
LordNue said:
Kirby : (. What have they done to him? That is not a Kirby game, that's some shoddy platformer with a stupid gimmick. It may be harsh to judge a game before it's even released, but having a game where Kirby can't even inhale is like having a mario game where you can't run or jump.
And this is the reason why developers never try new things!
Kirby usually tries new things, such as with Dream Course and Canvas Curse. But even those two games keep the basic elements in play of being able to copy the enemies powers. It's taking what makes Kirby, Kirby, and getting rid of it completely.
Maybe they wanted to do something different with Kirby?
That doesn't mean I have to like it. Really, why are you getting so bothered because someone doesn't like a strange new direction they're taking a series that completely destroys all the evolution and gameplay the series had thus far?
I'm not bothered at all. I won't be playing the game any time soon because I don't have a Wii and playing the current gen of games is far from my top priority right now.

You know how so many people always ***** and moan about "DUHVELUPERS NEVER DOOING ANEYTHING DIFFRANT"? I'm merely pointing out why this is the case: because it polarizes the market and causes them to lose potential customers who are turned off by change.

That's really all I'm getting at here.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Awake- said:
Jumplion said:
But you're a lion. Or a stickman.

OT: No Rockstar. Missed Fable 3.
Well, a sad lion doesn't really have the same tone, does it? :p

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
MisterShine said:
Swifteye said:
The obession with pointless gimmicks rather than showing off games that might be different and fun. Sure. They also did that but focus was on the vapid stuff and that's disapointing.
No ME3, No DA2, No PSP2, No Beyond Good and Evil 2. A huge focus on motion controls, which I would not call a 'gimmick', but I only have a mild at best interest in. What are they good for anyway? Sword and gunplay, that's IT. Otherwise just gets in the way. Nothing new announced by Double Fine productions. And to top it off, only two new games that got me interested in the whole freakin show.

(El Shaddai and Journey)
Oh, well if you put it like that E3 was a total wash.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
I'd have to say that the biggest disappointment of E3 was...

Well, I wasn't particularly disappointed at all. Nintendo stole the show, delivered on EVERYTHING (even with the tech difficulties they had with Skyward Sword, all the floor demos worked fairly well, according to most journalists), EA's conference got me pumped for the near future, and I couldn't give a rat's ass about Sony or MS, since their products rarely entertain me for more than a few hours.

All in all, I'd say that this E3 was much better than last year. Although it couldn't have gotten much worse.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
All of it, after this E3 I feel very empty, too much crap about Motion Control. Oh well, I guess I have TGS to look forward to. *Sigh*

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
No Arkham Asylum 2 or TES V.

And I was really hoping to see some DX: Human Revolution gameplay - everything I've read about it on the PC Gamer site sounds incredible.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Jumplion said:
This and too much emphasis on Move and Natal Kinect.
Nintendo(although I'm not a fan) won my admiration, and Portal 2 my soul.
But Other than those 2 and a lovely glimpse at Mortal Kombat, Fallout New Vegas, Fable 3 and The Witcher, everything was boring and uninteresting.

Locko96

Jan 18, 2010
Sony and Microsoft consisted of 3D and an orgy of happiness over their movement controllers (Kinect, Move)

tk1989

May 20, 2008
MrA said:
Oh and they just bought the press at the end by giving them all free new 360s. NEW? PFFF That thing is just smaller, quieter, with bigger HDD and built in wi-fi. Hmmm... does that... does that sound familiar? OH YEAH IT'S A PS3. WHAT A JOKE M$ CMON. It was proof all M$ care about is money, they SOLD OUT TO CASUAL GAMING.
Lol, Microsoft are in a situation here where they can't win it seems. If the new version of the xbox didn't have those features then they would receive stick for it being a worthless upgrade with the platform progressing little. I wouldn't complain that the Xbox is getting quieter, smaller, and generally much better with wifi; I really don't see the problem with it at all! It has just made the platform better and more appealing....

And I am going to be honest, few companies care about more than profits. In the end, its what companies are out to achieve....