E3 2019 hopes and predictions?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
For me:

Splinter Cell 7 and it actually looks like the first 3 games in terms of gameplay and visuals and Michael Ironside reprising his role as Sam Fisher.

Metroid Prime 4, and please don't look like ass. They restarted development this time with the original creators Retro Studios. PLEASE don't fuck it up Retro.

Total War: Warhammer 3, I know Three Kingdom's just came out but if you noticed Total War games have been a yearly thing so I am just having blind hope for this one.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake. They have said they want to do it. And most likely will just reuse the same engine and assets from RE 2 Remake while making new content on top of it. Just saying that seeing game development now, it should not take longer then a year to make this game. I mean originally Resident Evil 2 and 3 back in the day were just a year apart.

And if possible the Playstation 5. Hoping that its backwards compatible with PS4 games right out of the box, if not backwards compatible with ever Playstation game ever of every console. Because I am holding off getting my own PS4 until I see a PS5 doing exactly that.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Splinter cell only if it back to Chaos theory roots and not become another open world game with RPG elements and selectable characters between male and female. just give me Sam fisher with michael ironside voice and level design like early splinter cell and emphasize on stealth only and i will forgive ubisoft what they done with gaming industry.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
B-Cell said:
Splinter cell only if it back to Chaos theory roots and not become another open world game with RPG elements and selectable characters between male and female. just give me Sam fisher with michael ironside voice and level design like early splinter cell and emphasize on stealth only and i will forgive ubisoft what they done with gaming industry.
You're hoping Ubisoft wouldn't make a AAA open world game? That's like asking Hideo Kojima not to make something super wierd and full of his own "deep" musings. Probably not gonna happen.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Dalisclock said:
B-Cell said:
You're hoping Ubisoft wouldn't make a AAA open world game? That's like asking Hideo Kojima not to make something super wierd and full of his own "deep" musings. Probably not gonna happen.
so it means next splinter cell will be even more ruined than conviction and blacklist does.

why its hard for ubisoft to make what make first 3 splinter cell so great?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Jim Sterling will have fun doing lots snarky remarks about game publishers, and lots of people will scold him for not "letting people have fun".

OT: Another trailer for Final Fantasy VII remake. Announcement that first three Final Fantasy will be ported to the Switch.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
B-Cell said:
Dalisclock said:
B-Cell said:
so it means next splinter cell will be even more ruined than conviction and blacklist does.

Suppose they bring Sam Fisher back, voiced by Michael Ironside. And there is also a female player option. Would you accept that?

As for me, I'd be most impressed by a trailer that is made up of actual gameplay. Just one. Not cutscenes, not that bs 'game engine footage', but actual gameplay footage.

CaitSeith said:
Jim Sterling will have fun doing lots snarky remarks about game publishers, and lots of people will scold him for not "letting people have fun".

OT: Another trailer for Final Fantasy VII remake. Announcement that first three Final Fantasy will be ported to the Switch.
Actually yeah, Jim Sterling's vids will almost certainly be the most interesting part of E3. Guaranteed.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I want more news on the Halo PC launch, Hollowknight Silksong, WRATH: Aeon of Ruin, and Freedom Planet 2. Also there was some fps game that looked set in a fantasy kinda world that looked interesting, I want to know more about that, assuming those fuckers at epic haven't snagged it.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I hope from software talk a bit more about what they're doing now, and maybe talk about the port of metal wolf chaos that we haven't heard anything since it was announced. Maybe a new (good) armored core game would be nice, but I don't think so.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Squilookle said:
B-Cell said:
Dalisclock said:
B-Cell said:

Suppose they bring Sam Fisher back, voiced by Michael Ironside. And there is also a female player option. Would you accept that?

As for me, I'd be most impressed by a trailer that is made up of actual gameplay. Just one. Not cutscenes, not that bs 'game engine footage', but actual gameplay footage.
Absolutely not. Sam fisher is splinter cell. if they want to make new protagonist. make someone who resemble sam fisher. just like how big boss resemble solid snake.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
B-Cell said:
Squilookle said:
B-Cell said:
Dalisclock said:
B-Cell said:

Absolutely not. Sam fisher is splinter cell. if they want to make new protagonist. make someone who resemble sam fisher. just like how big boss resemble solid snake.
Why do you hate women?

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I think this two months old thread about this very subject is relevant to the discussion:

https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.1056869-What-are-your-E3-2019-wishlist

On topic: my opinion hasn't really changed. It does not lie in the publishers' interests to reveal any big titles on E3 so that's not something to expect. This doesn't mean that there won't be new info about already known coming titles which if you're curious might be interesting, but as a moment in which new titles are revealed it probably will disappoint. Unless one's expectations are adjusted. So what I hope for is for a high budget indie game being revealed under one of the major publishers' backing*. The equivalent of the EA originals. That's something that actually can be revealed as a surprise.

*Yeah, I know this sentence is an oxymoron.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
B-Cell said:
Squilookle said:
Thankyou. That tells me everything I wanted to know.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Beyond Good and Evil 2...wait, that's already happened. Ok, lets see more of that and hopefully a release date.

More on Persona 5: The Royal so I can decide whether to buy the game again.

More details for Links Awakening remake.

Ok, wish list.

Skies of Arcadia remake or sequel.

Illusion of Time remake or re release.

de Blob 3 from THQNordic

Horizon: Zero Dawn 2: Some Dawn

Dead Space 4

Paper Mario 1 + 2 on Nintendo store. Or physical release, come on Nintendo, stop being dicks.

That'll do for now, of all those games on my wish list, I think the only one that has any hope of happening is Horizon: Zero Dawn 2. Or would be if Sony were there this year.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
there's too much positivity, something's gotta be done about this

*cracks knuckles*

ow! bloody arthritis.

the square enix Avengers game is gonna be a "live-service" "recurrent user spending" sort of thing. Of this I am willing to bet my shoddy worthless criminal life on. it's less a prediction and more an educated guess based on the wording they've used to describe it so far. they're looking at the money the MCU currently generates and are rubbing their tentacles with glee at the thought of all that recurrent moolah. the only thing I am curious about is the implementation of cosmetic mini-buys. will they have customisable avenger skins? like the crappy armour lootbox extravaganza used in injustice? ("in injustice"? seriously? words hate me. the feeling's mutual, words!)

ok, that's about it really. have no wishes so far cause these earthly desires of the eyeballs are of no interest. apart from Hades. but Supergiant can take all the time they need. i'll be waiting. in the corner. of their office. drinking their office booze and petting their office cat

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Adam Jensen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
And if possible the Playstation 5.
No Sony at E3 this year though. Unless I'm mistaken.

You are correct sir. In fact it?s probably intentional considering they?ll want to introduce the PS5 on their own terms at their own event sometime later.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
B-Cell said:
So you want the new Not-Sam Fisher to be a literal clone of Sam Fisher?

What if it's a Lady Clone of Sam? Also named Sam.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Kingdom Hearts 3 release date. Oh wait, I already played through the game.

Death Stranding release date. Oh wait, they already told us.

FF7 Remake trailer. Oh wait, they already gave us one.

Then I just hope that the rumor is true that PlayStation Plus subscribers get to try the FF7 Remake show floor demo at home.

This is something that platforms should have been doing for years, if you ask me.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
I'm gonna sum up the only thing I want from E3 as calmly as I can.

FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7 FF7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm probably gonna be sad though.

Horizon Two Dawn would be nice. That was a great game.
A Nioh 2 release date