E3: Microsoft Announces Halo 4 (and 5, and 6)

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
One of the next 3 games has to have the main character be the little grunt thinghies. Halo games are so formulaic, as with CoD, nothing will change, yet people will see each subsequent release as an achievement in innovation.

ToAsTy McBuTTeR

May 27, 2009
maybe there wont be any goddamn flood or even any covenant at all! maybe they wont fall back into making us look at the same scenery over and over! maybe they wont rape the single player campaign in favor of more multi-player options... and maybe it wont suck out loud...

i hope all of what i said will happen but after 2 and 3 i dont care anymore... everyone else will buy it, i wont, and everyone on xbox live will continue to be annoying.

but dont let all that stop you from enjoying it if you like it.

stchivo

Jan 9, 2009
They better have come up with some new aliens to kill, I'm sick of killing the @#$ convenant and the @#$*% @##$@ flood!

pwned123456

Feb 4, 2011
i think it would be funny if when he goes through the warp gate it puts him in the future but the covenant and humans have made peace and he is seen as a war hero but goes psychotic and trys to kill all of the covenant and then starts an all out war against himself

or it would be cool if you get there and it is a recap of the years leading up to the peace played through nameless unimportant characters and when you die you switch to another person on your team and it would go until your whole side is dead oh and in the last battle your character could become the hero and when it comes out to an actual "current time" scene it should turn out that your hero character from the end is the one telling the story

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRDGAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILL PAY THE MONEY I DONT CARE LONG LIVE THE CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
Golem239 said:
Nfritzappa said:
Im gonna be the bastard on this forum thats going to be different and say I'm actually excited for this. F*** the haters.
I'm sorta the same but I'm more let's see where it goes
im for both but still NEEEERRDGASMMMMMM!!!!!!

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
The Bandit said:
darthricardo said:
ZeroMachine said:
darthricardo said:
Alright, just gonna do some copy-pasta from the accidental reveal here...
As much as I like the idea of making more games to explore the world and setting of Halo, I really don't like this. Reach did it right: Halo 3 is really the end, there's not much more you can do with the story after that. Prequels are definitely the way to go; there's like 20 years of the Human-Covenant world to explore, after all. As much as it makes sense for Microsoft to milk this cash cow, there's far, FAR better ways to do this. This isn't just greed, it's crass, stupid storytelling.
Still relevant here.
You played it? I didn't realize it. Please, explain the story and how it's crass and stupid to me. I'd love to hear what happens.

That is, if you know and know that the storytelling is bad. If you don't, though... well that'd be just silly of you to call it that, wouldn't it?

Don't make assumptions.
Fair enough, maybe it's not that stupid. I'm not saying the game can't be good (in fact, knowing Halo, I'm thinking it might be pretty awesome), I'm just saying it's a clumsy case of shoehorning a story where it doesn't really belong. At the end of the day, after all's said and done and no matter how good the game and its story is, it's a story attached on the end of a story made (and already wrapped up) and finished by somebody else.
There's a very good chance that this story will be superior to the original trilogy. It's going to be rooted deep in the Halo mythology with the Forerunners and its general plan is going to be written from the beginning, unlike the "are we going to do well enough to have a sequel?" disaster that kind of doomed Halo 2.

That doesn't necessarily mean that it will be of better quality, but it will likely reduce filler.

Just because it's a sequel doesn't mean it is automatically bad.
What I'm saying is that no matter how good it is, it just seems like an awkward and clumsy place to put a story. Imagine that a new trilogy for Lord of the Rings was planned to take place after The Return of the King. No doubt a lot could be done with it, but it's still an awkward way to make a story. Same thing here.

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
Screw da hipsters who can't lookpast the big picture.
Finally some closure to the ending of halo 3 whoo hoo!
closure!

eezaak

Sep 4, 2009
Looks interesting. Fingers crossed MS doesn't kill the franchise like they did with Mechwarrior.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I kind of considered Reach to be Halo 4, so I find this numbering a bit odd. And the fact that Master Chief suddenly has a jet pack? Well, ok, they had them in Reach and it wasn't really explained why they were absent from the games that took place later on... I'd like it if they actually addressed this because otherwise it will just be something that bothers me despite not really detracting from the game. I'll give this a chance but I'm a little sceptical now that Bungie has left the Halo franchise to 343. Although, I understand that 343 contains a handful of ex-bungie employees and have already been doing some work on Halo related stuff. So I will definitely give it a chance since I liked all the previous Halo games but it still stinks of cash cow milk. If it sucks then I simply won't get Halo 5 or 6 though, it's as simple as that.

jacobschndr

Aug 15, 2008
Its always the people who say the most hate about something, and yet are rarely listened to.

I for one, am glad that they are coming out with a sequel. I've always liked the Halo series, Yes, they are mindless, easy to predict story telling, but really. Who cares!?

Studios ride this "money train" as people call it, because it makes money(duh). What, you think every game studio has the funds and resources to make something new and fresh with every title? Maybe every once and awhile, but that shits a BIG RISK these days. That kinda of gamble could backfire and possibly bankrupt a company in one monthly quarter. So of course they're going with what makes money. Its almost always a sure thing. (except ODST and Halo wars, those I think didnt do so well).

Bottom line: you dont like it, dont play it. Dont ruin everyone elses expectations and fun with your constant complaining.

Also, I think people who complain about how bad it is are people who arent good at it, so therefore they feel left out, and then hate it. good for you whiners

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
Hmm...Halo 4. Honestly, I thought the first trilogy was stretching a bit far. Now a second...hmm...maybe it'll be good. Maybe as good as the first one was and none of the sequels really were...

I doubt it, though, but I'm hoping it'll be good.

marginal

Mar 21, 2009
I don't understand how so many people can be against this when no one seems to mind an endless stream of Mario and Zelda games. If it's good, and they can continue to do new things with the series, then why not? What's next? No more CoD? Down with more HL? I don't get it.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
As long as the story/characters/weapons/everything else is better than the abomination that Reach was, I have no problem with this. I'd rather game series like Mario, or Zelda, or Call of Duty die, where the plot seems to be rehashed in every fucking game.

Kenny Kondom

Oct 8, 2009
Surprisingly, i'm not all that interested in this.
I'm not a "fanboi" of the series, Although i wouldnt dare say hater either. I loved the campaigns for Halo 1, 2 and Reach, but not so much for 3 and ODST, and i've recently realised that i am a CoD ***** when it comes to multiplayer gaming (9 days and 20 hours BO online play alone.... WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE!?!?) so i have that covered. Having another Halo come out... really doesnt excite me =S
I'm sure my flatmate will buy it though, so i wont knock it until i've tried it i suppose.

Come on co-op....

L33tMarvin

Feb 18, 2009
ok for one, i gotta ask i dont even know what games 343 made so i dont even know will the next one be good.The reason why everyone is complaining because the story is over(no covenant and flood).Its gonna be hard to continue when the threats that you face are dead.So where they going to start the story on?A part of me hates this and a part of me wonders.I am not going to lie I always expect the 4th halo game was master chief fighting his way back to earth.I must do some background check on 343 to see if their games are good.