E3: Microsoft Announces Halo 4 (and 5, and 6)

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Surprise!

Oh wait, we where expecting it. I'm not above giving them a chance... soooo, bring it on!

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
darthricardo said:
Alright, just gonna do some copy-pasta from the accidental reveal here...
As much as I like the idea of making more games to explore the world and setting of Halo, I really don't like this. Reach did it right: Halo 3 is really the end, there's not much more you can do with the story after that. Prequels are definitely the way to go; there's like 20 years of the Human-Covenant world to explore, after all. As much as it makes sense for Microsoft to milk this cash cow, there's far, FAR better ways to do this. This isn't just greed, it's crass, stupid storytelling.
Still relevant here.
You played it? I didn't realize it. Please, explain the story and how it's crass and stupid to me. I'd love to hear what happens.

That is, if you know and know that the storytelling is bad. If you don't, though... well that'd be just silly of you to call it that, wouldn't it?

Don't make assumptions.
Fair enough, maybe it's not that stupid. I'm not saying the game can't be good (in fact, knowing Halo, I'm thinking it might be pretty awesome), I'm just saying it's a clumsy case of shoehorning a story where it doesn't really belong. At the end of the day, after all's said and done and no matter how good the game and its story is, it's a story attached on the end of a story made (and already wrapped up) and finished by somebody else.

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
I knew they would make another Halo...now my friends owe me 5 Dollars...Also this looks Awesome and i cant wait to play it. I am a huge fan of halo (i like it better than CoD)

lets hope 343 know what they are doing

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Just...not impressed. It took no inspiration or ingenuity to come up with this and strangle the remaining life out of the franchise.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Finally! I can learn what happens to the chief, been wondering for awhile. :D

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
If it's not by Bungie, I actually don't mind that their doing this.

Fresh eyes could put a good spin on Halo =)

(Why yes, I am feeling incredibly optimistic today)

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
The best is when he stated "we've got a NEW trilogy for the xbox 360"

it cant be a new trilogy because

1. new means something original
2. trilogy means 3, not halo 1 , 2, 3, odst, reach

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
if the Halo Universe was going to continue, it needed to do so on its own Merits, not artificially standing on the shoulders of King Arthur and the Lady of the Lake (look at Halo 3s Ending and you will see what I mean)

ODST and Reach were great "additional" Halo games, and they did not need the Chief and Cortana. why does "Halo 4" Personaly I wanted to see a Tomb Raider Esque adventure surrounded a new, or older Arbiter.

bobby1361 said:
He didn't have a jetpack in Halo 3, who upgraded him!?
I am hoping that that was not a jetpack so much as a built in Reaction Control System alluded to in Halo Novels, being overused.

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
REPTILE 0009 said:
ZeroMachine said:
Nfritzappa said:
Im gonna be the bastard on this forum thats going to be different and say I'm actually excited for this. F*** the haters.
GamesB2 said:
I'd still like to see some more spin off games (More ODST, more Halo Wars, maybe something where you play exclusively as the Covenant) but hell I don't care, I love Halo and no doubt I'll buy into this trilogy and the Anniversary Edition.

Here's hoping that 343 can show off some skill, and some good storytelling.

Now, a wave of hate!
Abandon4093 said:
Marudas said:
Disgraceful.

(Fine fine, more than one word: This is just sad. I've never been a huge fan of the Halo series, but I thought the ending to game 3 was good. But no, there's money to be had so lets desecrate the corpse of this franchise!)
The bold pretty much sums up your post.

As a fan of the series, the 3rd left it purposefully ambiguous. I can't wait to see what this game is like and I'll be buying it.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's that simple.
REPTILE 0009 said:
Nfritzappa said:
Im gonna be the bastard on this forum thats going to be different and say I'm actually excited for this. F*** the haters.
Finally, someone cool on this site :)
Teiraa said:
D=......................................................................................................................................................................................awesome
I'm... not... alone... :D

I swear, I feel like I need to retire from this site. Too many people needlessly bash Halo and CoD, and act like they're cancer simply because they make new entries to the franchises.

The word "milking" should be a ban-able offense. Who the fuck cares if a company milks a franchise if the games are good?
My thoughts exactly. The people bashing COD and Halo for being "milked," may have point... just not a very good one. Who honestly cares if the games are "milked" if they're good?
Congrats you Gain 100 Karma With JordanXlord (or Rep)

I love the halo series, i played more halo than i have ever played cod

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Now I know how CoD fans feel. Really excited for Halo 4.

REPTILE 0009 said:
It just pains me to think that MovieBob will have something snarky to say about this.
"Wah wah, space soldiers with no personality suck.

THE METROID SERIES IS BRILLIANT."

There you go.

Kevon Huggins

Jan 27, 2011
dont hate what if it actually becomes a good game with a nice story huh oh wait just gonna go the way of starwars isnt it or be good or have the sonic effect or be superb

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
Mixed feelings, I love me some halo, but I also would rather not see the series run into the ground after finishing strong with Reach. There are alot of ways they could do this right, but I hope they try not to get tied down with connecting to the previous trilogy. Making it stronger as a standalone trilogy will give it more value and hopefully promote a better story/game.

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
My cup of care went empty for this series after the second game. Teach you to become Xbox exclusive -,-.

Norris IV

Aug 25, 2010
I have 1 very good question: Where th hell did he get that jetpack??? I could have done with one of those on halo 3!!!
But yeah this is by far one of the least surprising announcements this yeah, only one that beats it in predictability is CoD: MW 3