E3: Microsoft Announces Halo 4 (and 5, and 6)

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Reading this made me immediately think of the Saw films...

... is there also going to be cherry-on-the-top Halo 3D after the 6th?

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
GamesB2 said:
I'd still like to see some more spin off games (More ODST, more Halo Wars, maybe something where you play exclusively as the Covenant) but hell I don't care, I love Halo and no doubt I'll buy into this trilogy and the Anniversary Edition.

Here's hoping that 343 can show off some skill, and some good storytelling.

Now, a wave of hate!
I like the idea of a game played entirely as an Elite or something, as I really enjoyed The Arbiter's missions in Halo 2.

My response to the new Trilogy...

Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
PLEASE DON'T SUCK...

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Despite the fact that I knew this was coming, I'm still pissed off.

Halo 3 had a perfect ending and now...

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
At first I was upset, now I saw the trailer and I'm super-excited. Please God, do not let them milk this trilogy on a yearly basis.

Also, did that portal look like a Mass Relay to anyone?

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
Don't be a rail shooter, Don't be a rail shooter, Don't be a rail shooter! God if it is a rail shooter I'm going to throw my 360 out the window because I cant take another good franchise going down the drain after Fable.

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
I'm kinda looking forward to it.
The ending of Halo 3 left me hanging.
But I do agree with others that 343 is trying to get water out of a stone.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
You have to admit at least they didnt call it
H4lo
I would have to kill them then.
Nfritzappa said:
REPTILE 0009 said:
Nfritzappa said:
Im gonna be the bastard on this forum thats going to be different and say I'm actually excited for this. F*** the haters.
Finally, someone cool on this site :)
Thanks!
You're a man of good taste.
what about me good sir!

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Nfritzappa said:
Im gonna be the bastard on this forum thats going to be different and say I'm actually excited for this. F*** the haters.
GamesB2 said:
I'd still like to see some more spin off games (More ODST, more Halo Wars, maybe something where you play exclusively as the Covenant) but hell I don't care, I love Halo and no doubt I'll buy into this trilogy and the Anniversary Edition.

Now, a wave of hate!
Abandon4093 said:
Marudas said:
Disgraceful.

(Fine fine, more than one word: This is just sad. I've never been a huge fan of the Halo series, but I thought the ending to game 3 was good. But no, there's money to be had so lets desecrate the corpse of this franchise!)
The bold pretty much sums up your post.

As a fan of the series, the 3rd left it purposefully ambiguous. I can't wait to see what this game is like and I'll be buying it.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's that simple.
REPTILE 0009 said:
Nfritzappa said:
Teiraa said:
D=......................................................................................................................................................................................awesome
I'm... not... alone... :D

I swear, I feel like I need to retire from this site. Too many people needlessly bash Halo and CoD, and act like they're cancer simply because they make new entries to the franchises.

The word "milking" should be a ban-able offense. Who the fuck cares if a company milks a franchise if the games are good?

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
Alright, just gonna do some copy-pasta from the accidental reveal here...
As much as I like the idea of making more games to explore the world and setting of Halo, I really don't like this. Reach did it right: Halo 3 is really the end, there's not much more you can do with the story after that. Prequels are definitely the way to go; there's like 20 years of the Human-Covenant world to explore, after all. As much as it makes sense for Microsoft to milk this cash cow, there's far, FAR better ways to do this. This isn't just greed, it's crass, stupid storytelling.
Still relevant here.

WhatHityou

Nov 14, 2008
necromanzer52 said:
Despite the fact that I knew this was coming, I'm still pissed off.

Halo 3 had a perfect ending and now...
I agree it didn't have the cheesey happy ending.

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
Huh. Watching this trailer has made me realise, I am sick of the Halo franchise.
They can do what they want, but I'll have no part in it!

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
darthricardo said:
Alright, just gonna do some copy-pasta from the accidental reveal here...
As much as I like the idea of making more games to explore the world and setting of Halo, I really don't like this. Reach did it right: Halo 3 is really the end, there's not much more you can do with the story after that. Prequels are definitely the way to go; there's like 20 years of the Human-Covenant world to explore, after all. As much as it makes sense for Microsoft to milk this cash cow, there's far, FAR better ways to do this. This isn't just greed, it's crass, stupid storytelling.
Still relevant here.
You played it? I didn't realize it. Please, explain the story and how it's crass and stupid to me. I'd love to hear what happens.

That is, if you know and know that the storytelling is bad. If you don't, though... well that'd be just silly of you to call it that, wouldn't it?

Don't make assumptions.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wow Chief is sure wide awake from his cryogenic sleep. I wonder just how long he had been alseep for?

REPTILE 0009

Sep 26, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
Nfritzappa said:
GamesB2 said:

Now, a wave of hate!
Abandon4093 said:
Marudas said:
Disgraceful.

(Fine fine, more than one word: This is just sad. I've never been a huge fan of the Halo series, but I thought the ending to game 3 was good. But no, there's money to be had so lets desecrate the corpse of this franchise!)
The bold pretty much sums up your post.

As a fan of the series, the 3rd left it purposefully ambiguous. I can't wait to see what this game is like and I'll be buying it.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's that simple.
REPTILE 0009 said:
Nfritzappa said:
Teiraa said:
D=......................................................................................................................................................................................awesome
I'm... not... alone... :D

I swear, I feel like I need to retire from this site. Too many people needlessly bash Halo and CoD, and act like they're cancer simply because they make new entries to the franchises.

The word "milking" should be a ban-able offense. Who the fuck cares if a company milks a franchise if the games are good?
My thoughts exactly. The people bashing COD and Halo for being "milked," may have point... just not a very good one. Who honestly cares if the games are "milked" if they're good?