E3: Ratchet & Clank Devs Meld Guns, Gadgets and Jokes in Overstrike

Konatacalypse

Dec 30, 2010
Okay that was one god damn awesome trailer. I'll reserve my judgement till they release some game play. Fingers crossed that its as zany as the trailer made it out to be.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
It looks great, haven't played any ratchet in clank in awhile so it would be good to get back to some of the great humor and over the top weaponry.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Insomniac's wacky humor and even more hilariously unrealistic weaponry in an fps?

Count me in. This has potential. Can't wait to see more info on it.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
Am I the only one getting a real Pixar vibe from this thing? I dunno, something about this just makes me think of a Pixar movie. Particularly, The Incredibles.
You're not the only one.

Game looks intriguing.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
If the gameplay is as fun as the trailer is to watch, then it'll be a shoe-in for my "games to get before I die" list.

My big hopes are mainly for splitscreen co-op. At very least two player, but four player co-op would just blow my mind.

Secondly, I really can't wait to see some of the weapons. If the weapons are half as wacky as we've seen from Insomniac in the past, then hot-dayam, this game will be fun with friends.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Looks fun. I'm happy Insomniac is bring it greatness to my Xbox.

I've become tired of Left 4 Dead but I love the team dynamic you get from that game. Maybe this can fill that niche, assuming team mates feel like they actually matter.

internetzealot1 said:
Multiplayer co-op game where only 1 person can play a certain class =/= good idea.
This is my only miss giving. Maybe the trailer just gives the wrong impression, hopefully all they abilities and weapons are interchangable.

...Honestly I'm just hoping for Left 4 Dead with wacky guns and a different setting.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Am I the only one getting a real Pixar vibe from this thing? I dunno, something about this just makes me think of a Pixar movie. Particularly, The Incredibles.
That's what I felt too. I don't know how, but they just meld really well.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
That was hilarious. Looks like a game to play all night with friends, which is always a good thing.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
I like the trailer's punchline.

Interviewer: "So how do you explain the collateral damage that follows in your team's wake!?"
[Awkward pause]
Guy: "Uuum...Enthusiasim?"

That made me bust a gut laughing. Insomniac,you've done it again! This is on my radar.

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
Fun in FPS!!? Blasphemy I tell you!

I hope this venture into FPS will turn out better than last time. Resistance Sucked.

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
I don't get pixar but I see were you are coming from, the models are VERY well animated.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
A colorful game with crazy weaponry sprinkled with some of that delicious Insomniac humor. What is not to love? I adore practically everything that Insomniac has made, and I think it's great that they're broadening their horizons with something other than Ratchet+Clank and Resistance. Totally looking forward to this.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
No, you're not the only one, I got a huge "The Incredibles" vibe from it, which is not a bad thing. The goop gun thing definitely reminded me of that one weapon used in the movie. The animation is also pretty similar, which is great since I'm an animation nut. Love it.

Though it kind of loses its cuteness appeal when all the blood starts popping up. Kind of surreal...

HydraMoon

From high atop the treehouse
May 3, 2011
I'm very eager to get the demo for this and give it a whirl. I loved the humor and animation- here's hoping I love the gameplay as much.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
This is the only thing to come out of E3 so far that has actually piqued my interest. It looks amazing, though... I get a very The Incredibles vibe. Especially from those blow-up ball things and the invisibility and the cockiness and the OH GOD I WANT IT NOW

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Looks very interesting. Although I want 'R&C: All 4 One' first!

Edit: After watching the trailer a couple of times, I'm very enthusiastic about this. As a massive Ratchet and Clank fan I am a lover of Insomniac and I love the humour and the interesting weapons in this trailer. But then again. Bulletstorm seemed like wacky fun based on it's trailer.

I think I might just take the Yahtzee approach and declare it shit until it proves itself otherwise.