E3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
females in the IG? is that even canon?
(honest question my knowledge of the IG is rather limited)

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
It looks like Cadian armor, in which case: yes. Almost half of the Cadian infantry is female, being so close to the eye of terror they're not too picky about who can hold a gun and die for the Emprah, they're like the Isreal of the Imperium.

So, I see we've got the mutated terrans and stuff...but are you going to get to fight against the other zerg too? I want to climb up an ultralisk and chop it up or set some zerglings on fire with my Firebat flamethrower thinger.

Apparently my spellchecker does not recognize Isreal, which leads me to believe most of the Palestinian problem is simply clerical error.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
teebeeohh said:
Yes, there are whole Regiments of lady Gursdmen (Guardswomen?) segregated from the boys and some Regiments are co-ed (Valhallans of Ciaphas Cain lore).

OT: If only I could recognize the paint scheme of that Terminator. I want to say World Eaters, but that can't be right.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Yeah, probably not going to get this. It looked promising at first, but they seem to have done exactly what I feared they would. I prefer ranged comabt and this game seems like it's style will be that if you're using a gun you're playing it wrong. It makes me wonder why it includes guns at all, in universe accuracy?

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
It's probably the
Xpwn3ntial said:
teebeeohh said:
Yes, there are whole Regiments of lady Gursdmen (Guardswomen?) segregated from the boys and some Regiments are co-ed (Valhallans of Ciaphas Cain lore).

OT: If only I could recognize the paint scheme of that Terminator. I want to say World Eaters, but that can't be right.
I think it's the Word Bearers.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Fronzel said:
Orks are a horde of course, but Chaos Marines shouldn't be. I hope they show more complex behavior than "rush towards player".
Relic said they added the CSMs precisely because they wanted to add enemies that are smarter than orks.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! I'll take your skulls for Khorne!

Death to the False Emperor!

...maybe next game.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Major Tom said:
That gave me an idea. Play as a Blood Angel (tactical, devestator, whatever. Works for all classes), but the point is to keep the rage meter down. If you trigger the rage meter, you go into a berserk rage and can really rip shit up......but the longer you stay in rage mode, your grip on reality becomes less and less and the screen starts merging in and out of reality and the bridge of Horus's Battle Barge and all the actors on screen, friend and foe, transform into traitor marines, you must illuminate them all....
That is the single best idea for a blood angel themed game i've ever heard. Will be sure to repeat it whenever topic is appropriate :p

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
LorienvArden said:
They have Terminator Honors, yes - but you don't always have access to terminator armor. Other games have Vehicle sections - why shouldn't there be a Terminator Section in a game like this ?

Somehow, the artwork of the Titan seems closer to the fluff - the in Game shot looks at least one size too small. Proper size for a Warhound, but not for what I think is a Warlord-class.
According to the Dark Angels Codex, all Deathwing use terminator armour.

The size of Titans varies wildly in the games themselves, last I read the Warlord class titan is about 40 meters tall. Which puts it in line with the 40k Apocalypse expansion, but in the old epic games they were more like 100 meters tall.

LorienvArden

Feb 28, 2011
I was also going by the cover of the old epic rulebook - They where enourmous on that, and I'ld say they looked much more like the towering warmachines they represent. If you've seen the trailers - you can see that their artists also went that way - which would have been more to my liking.

Oh and the Deathwing is the whole first company of the Dark Angels -also called the inner circle. In the TT, you often have HQ Models without Terminator Armor or Veterans that are only Powerarmored. Iirc, Character models such as the Chief Librarian or the Grand Master have Models with Power Armor.

While their, formerly special, "Deathwing deployment" allows only models in Terminator Armor on the field, they certainly deploy in regular Gear when necessary.