EA Announces More Game Server Closures

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Ninjamedic said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Ninjamedic said:
If they get TF2 I will be PISSED.
Don't be foolish, Valve has got no money issues what with Steam being as it is. Selling the rights to their second most played FPS (CSS being #1) would be a ridiculous Idea.
EA online runs the servers on the ps3 version.........
wooooops! better cross your fingers then, you might not be able to build turrets or uber a heavy for much longer...should get it for the PC my friend =)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
brunothepig said:
Hmmm. How about Burnout 3:Revenge? And why does EA want us to hate them? This is pointless.
urm not its not, now them servers can be used for new titles and releases, instead of clogging up space, EA even said that most of them only have like 3% of people playing them games online...but conquest was a shock to me aswell =\ hmmmmm

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Worgen said:
pneuma08 said:
Amnestic said:
Christemo said:
im really suprised that EA are such capitalists.
Losing millions of moneys tends to do that to people.
Yeah I know, right? Trimming excess! What the hell could they be thinking? They need to be bloated and wasteful, just like the government.
yeah get rid of the bloat, be like walmart and pay shit and make sure that anyone leaves before working there for 7 years so they can keep costs down
You honestly think it would be better if EA went bankrupt? They're not exactly rolling in the dough right about now.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Amnestic said:
Worgen said:
pneuma08 said:
Amnestic said:
Christemo said:
im really suprised that EA are such capitalists.
Losing millions of moneys tends to do that to people.
Yeah I know, right? Trimming excess! What the hell could they be thinking? They need to be bloated and wasteful, just like the government.
yeah get rid of the bloat, be like walmart and pay shit and make sure that anyone leaves before working there for 7 years so they can keep costs down
You honestly think it would be better if EA went bankrupt? They're not exactly rolling in the dough right about now.
somehow I doubt a piddly little amount for a few servers is going to bankrupt them or have really any long term impact

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Psychosocial said:
Ashbax said:
WHAT?! THE!? FUCK!? Why are they closing LOTR: Conquest? Loads of people still play that! ITS EPIC!

HAXXXXXX FUCK YOU EA
Lord of the Rings: Conquest tops my list of worst game from 2009, so I'm glad they closed it down, there's nothing epic about that game.
Exept it's failure.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Worgen said:
somehow I doubt a piddly little amount for a few servers is going to bankrupt them or have really any long term impact
Apparently you haven't seen a Tesco advert before.

Every little helps.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Worgen said:
You'd be suprised how much servers cost to keep up and running.
Still, I would have thought they'd reduce their capacity for the game rather then drop it completly.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
arc1991 said:
Ninjamedic said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Ninjamedic said:
If they get TF2 I will be PISSED.
Don't be foolish, Valve has got no money issues what with Steam being as it is. Selling the rights to their second most played FPS (CSS being #1) would be a ridiculous Idea.
EA online runs the servers on the ps3 version.........
wooooops! better cross your fingers then, you might not be able to build turrets or uber a heavy for much longer...should get it for the PC my friend =)
I did. My PC died and my steam account vanished when I fixed it. I HATE STEAM and DRM in general.