EA Appreciation Thread

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
bafrali said:
leet_x1337 said:
Which empire units you are talking about?
Yuriko, mostly. Which in itself is yet another middle finger to the fans of the series as it was before EA's entry: "Hey, guys, remember that guy named Yuri? We gave him a Japanese schoolgirl daughter! Aren't we funny!"

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
Well, I'm not sure how much input they had, but Dead Space 1 and 2 were excellent, and so was Kingdoms of Amalur. They also made Tetris in HD for the Playstation Network, which, while a pretty unnecessary upgrade, is actually quite fun. To be honest, they don't come off as evil to me at all. I mean, I'm sure they're in it to make money, but that's what big corporations do. I don't mind them.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
You were the best in your prime!
[sub][sub]But now you're old, smelly and beating up chidren for their money...[/sub][/sub]

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
They help unite gamers. Not in the way they want, but still...mission accomplished.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
They bought out 'Bullfrog' which caused Molyneux to leave 2 years later and create Fable[footnote]Might not be a great thing to some people, but it's a great thing to me![/footnote], one of my favourite games. :D

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Before recent times they were a respectable studio that funded the creation of many games I have enjoyed.

Recently I have nothing good to say about them [Though recently is subjective], but in the past they have been a decent company.

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
I appreciate the existence EA, so other studios can learn from their colossal mistakes.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I suppose in theory I should be thankful for the games they've published, but...
I can't think of anything positive that they've done that wouldn't have just been filled by another publisher if there were a void in another world in which EA weren't around. Has EA done anything good that is unique to them and their way of doing things? To me, it mostly looks like this thread is saying, "Hey EA, thanks for existing, I guess."

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
I'm thankful that EA sometimes releases a good game. I'm thankful that out of 5 planned DLC for B3 that only 2 seem worth getting. I'm thankful they provide competition so that other game company's attempt to elevate themselves rather then sinking to EA's rather low level.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
leet_x1337 said:
bafrali said:
leet_x1337 said:
Which empire units you are talking about?
Yuriko, mostly. Which in itself is yet another middle finger to the fans of the series as it was before EA's entry: "Hey, guys, remember that guy named Yuri? We gave him a Japanese schoolgirl daughter! Aren't we funny!"
Well i didn't get that impression from it and i would hardly call it erotic fan service. Rather a naughty nod to infamous part of anime culture since game was pretty much that. Stereotypes at its finest. It felt like TF2 with that and its stylized visuals and i love it.

Mr.K. said:
Red Alert 3? Are you bloody serious... I haven't yet found an RTS that plays worse, unless it is the single solitary game you ever played that is some serious heresy calling it good.

Ya EA was great, about 15 years ago.
Easy there buddy. I had fun with Red Alert 3. If you didn't, please tell us of their accomplishments from 15 years ago to contribute to thread

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I appreciate that I can download a game from Origin and still surf the net/ do other things without it completely slowing things down terribly. I'm also glad that I get higher download speeds. And finally I'm glad that I can actually download a game and play a game at the same time without the damn client pausing everything.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Did they make Mirrors Edge or have any part in it? I think they did? If so, that. I like that game.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
ErwinGodfrey said:
bafrali said:
In the previous decade they published and developed all of my favourite Lord of the Rings video games, like the Battle for Middle Earth series, and the movie games, which were some of the only good movie cash-in games in existence. They also developed the Command & Conquer series, which I still enjoy playing on occasion. Actually they've developed, or helped developed, some of my favourite series, for which I am highly appreciative.
Edit: They didn't develop the series, but they've worked directly on many of the games in the C&C series.
The Lord of The Rings movie games were pretty darn good. Battle for Middle-Earth is pry one of my favorite RTS series.

While I do think EA has done some bad things they at least seem to try and do good things too. I actually like EA more than Ubisoft and Activision.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
I'm thankful for them because the games they spew out help me realize that I am a good judge in picking good games and thus saving me money in the process.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
They gave us 007 Goldeneye, got to thank them for that.