EA Appreciation Thread

Adam Locking

Aug 10, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
They published Future Cop: L.A.P.D. for PS1
THIS.

Seriously, if they decided after all these years to comission a sequel, well, I may actually take back one or two of the things I've said about them...

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Elect G-Max said:
shrekfan246 said:
Alice: Madness Returns
That one was shit too.
Why, thank you good citizen, I now realize that my opinion of one of the most unique psychological-thriller/3rd-Person Platforming Action-Adventure games I've ever played is completely and entirely wrong, despite the fact that it was a well-made game with a unique and interesting artistic aesthetic, moderately decent writing and voice acting, and a good length story.

I would not have realized that I had been blinded by my own naivety if you had not told me that the game sucked. So thank you.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Elect G-Max said:
Boudica said:
Crysis is one of the funnest games I've ever played and I love EA for making it possible <3
Crysis was shit. All that song and dance about how "interactive" and "immersive" the environment is, and I can't open a fucking door? I can mow a tree down with a machine gun and throw it at some Koreans, but I CAN'T. OPEN. A. FUCKING. DOOR? And why can't I blast the bodies into little giblets? Gamers have been doing that since Rise of the Triad!

shrekfan246 said:
Alice: Madness Returns
That one was shit too.
Please refrain from acting like a jackass in a thread that is about showing gratitude and love. Thanks in advence

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Came into this topic expecting to rage.

Origin doesn't actively harm me? Yet?

Shit, I tried.

bioject

Aug 12, 2010
bafrali said:
Greetings fellow escapists.

As you may have guessed from the title, this thread's purpose is to show some love for our favourite evil publisher. Tell us of their good deeds. Any gem they published, developed, contributed, influenced...

I, for one, appreciate them for Red Alert 3. A fine piece of RTS with stylized graphics, easy resource management, a big arsenal of doomsday machines and J.K Simmons as the President. What is not to love?

So , go ahead and spread the love you had been trying to hide with ineffective corporate bashing for so long.
They don't make anything good. They kidnap good companies and release good games and then later destroy the franchise when they start pumping out crappy sequels because they think the market can absorb X game a year.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Conrad Wentzel said:
bafrali said:
Greetings fellow escapists.

As you may have guessed from the title, this thread's purpose is to show some love for our favourite evil publisher. Tell us of their good deeds. Any gem they published, developed, contributed, influenced...

I, for one, appreciate them for Red Alert 3. A fine piece of RTS with stylized graphics, easy resource management, a big arsenal of doomsday machines and J.K Simmons as the President. What is not to love?

So , go ahead and spread the love you had been trying to hide with ineffective corporate bashing for so long.
They don't make anything good. They kidnap good companies and release good games and then later destroy the franchise when they start pumping out crappy sequels because they think the market can absorb X game a year.
Then this thread is not for you since it is only filled with happy thoughts. Take your bitterness elsewhere where it won't be out of place.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Fappy said:
They supply the market with jobs. That's always good.
More importantly, the supply consumers with games that we seem to enjoy (despite the incessant bitching).

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
I think what many fail to realize is that if EA wasn't around, developers would have just gotten other publishers to publish their games. So I certainly can't think of anything to "thank" them for... and I'll just leave it at that.

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
They were alright in the past. Especially since they saved Westwood and Maxis by buying them, which means no Sim City 3000, no SimCity 4, no Sims 1 or 2, no Spore, no Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun, and no Red Alert 2 without EA buying them up. In fact, Maxis had the original engine for SimCity 3000 be fully 3D, but it was terrible. EA had them make a better, isometric engine, but otherwise left them alone.

Game turned out awesome.

In fact, EA really only started going from "alright" to "Satan's left bollock" when Riccitiello took over.

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
EA funds DICE for the Battlefield series o_O
I'm gonna get a lot of heat for liking the bf series even tho it's awesome....
*insert flame shield here*

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Sandjube said:
Did they make Mirrors Edge or have any part in it? I think they did? If so, that. I like that game.
What probably happened was EA allowed DICE some free reign to experiment with one game, which turned out to be Mirror's Edge. But after that EA decided they were going to put as much energy as they could in to taking down CoD with Battlefield, which means DICE now have to focus on that, and Mirror's Edge 2 is likely to never happen. Three years ago a small story popped up that a very very small team in DICE were starting very early stages of work on Mirror's Edge 2, but it's been silent since then apart from a random announcement that it'll be using the Frostbite 2 engine, although that was in the time when EA were trying to promote the tits off the engine, so it could have just been marketing. Although this image [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c8/Frostbite2-realtime-radiosity.jpg] popped up at some point, which is apparently a Frostbite 2 screenshot. Looks like Mirror's Edge to me, but it could be anything.

OT: I'm actually surprised this thread has gotten to three pages without it turning in to the complete opposite of what it was originally intended to be, although plenty of people have posted sentiments similar to what I would say.

EA has published some good games, but any large publisher could have done that. It's the studios that deserve praise for the games we get, not EA. They are the ones who work to create them. They are the creative minds. EA are just the money and promotion.

I wouldn't thank EA for existing either. I resent their existence. Actually, that's a bit far. I resent their business practices and attitude. I am ambivalent towards their existence.