EA CCO Says SimCity, Battlefield 4 Launches Weren't That Bad

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah, because when those kind of people look at a game, all they see is revenue. Public backlash is nothing to them if they're making oodles of cash, they just don't give a shit.

The thing with BF4 was, BF3 had those exact same issues. So it wasn't like it was something they didn't realise was a problem until release, they failed to fix something that was broken pretty much throughout the life of their previous game. Personally though, I didn't have much of a problem with it... likely has a lot to do with the fact I didn't pre-order the game this time, but bought it at a slightly later date (took me time to get some money for the damn thing and I had some games to play, so was more than willing to wait). I had the same "crash after the end of almost each match", but I sat through them thinking "yep, same shit as BF3". Same goes for plane rubber banding. I was however pleasantly surprised to see the crashes fixed not too long after and the game ran smooth ever since really. EA aside, I liked DICE's response to it, being "fuck DLCs, we fix the problems that make the game unplayable first".