EA Conference 2010 Discussion

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Luftwaffles said:
So we wiont be able to see valves surprise via the live feed?
no, Valve canceled their press conference.
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/valve-cancels-e3-press-event-totally-20100611/

Titanguy654

Jul 14, 2009
The Star Wars trailer was probably the best thing I've seen today. Shame, considering that it's not even game play footage.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
thebridgetroll said:
BTW does EA publish the hitman games? i'm desperately hoping for hitmman 5.
Square Enix owns Eidos now. Eidos does Hitman.

...For the love of all that is holy, I hope that doesn't mean 47 trades in his silver ballers for a katana and spiky emo hair wrapped in belts...

Haro

May 27, 2009
I've seen quite a lot of stuff that I like, but it has taken a minority of the show time. For every one minute of good games that I have watched, I've had to sit through 5 of botched lines, whimsical thinking, and exercise games, and I was really excited for this E3 for once too. Not to say that it's been all bad, but the presentation is terrible. Announcements like Medal of Honor should not be followed by the positively thrilling discussion of "Gun Club"
Ditto for Xbox. I was pretty happy with the start of their show, but then Natal/Kinect showed up and my god...

Part of me is interested and impressed by the technology and how well it captures body movement, but all of me realizes that its a poor control scheme, its development is uninspired, and I don't get how people at Microsoft think this is a good idea.

Feste the Jester

Jul 10, 2009
I challenge you to find differences between Modern Warfare 2 and this new Medal of Honor Game. Find more than four legitimate changes for a prize

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
epninja said:
I challenge you to find differences between Modern Warfare 2 and this new Medal of Honor Game. Find more than four legitimate changes for a prize
Ill start. 1) dedicated servers

E-Hybrid

Jan 25, 2010
epninja said:
Set in Afghanistan
Main Character has a beard
Err....
Hmmm...

Can I just have the prize? Pretty please?

Feste the Jester

Jul 10, 2009
E-Hybrid said:
epninja said:
Set in Afghanistan
Err....
Hmmm...

sure

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
E-Hybrid said:
epninja said:
Set in Afghanistan
Err....
Hmmm...

I never got that.
WHY DOES THE SERVICEMAN HAVE A BEARD?!
The US, UK and Canadian militaries all have a strict no beard policy. If you were growing a beard for months you would be forced to shave. You also wouldn't be allowed to wear a fucking baseball cap backward.

Like are they so desperate for the frat boy audience they literally have to but a backwards baseball cap wearing douchebag right on the front of the box in hopes that these sacks of neurons will just wander into the game store and say "Look brah that guy like has a had and a gun! SICK I NEED TO BUY THIS DUDE!"

E-Hybrid

Jan 25, 2010
AC10 said:
E-Hybrid said:
epninja said:
Set in Afghanistan
Err....
Hmmm...

I never got that.
The US, UK and Canadian militaries all have a strict no beard policy. If you were growing a beard for months you would be forced to shave.
It is to show that they are real men "grrr I show my power through my beard!"

Or they get bonuses for greater facial hair : large beard = +2accuracy/damage

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
E-Hybrid said:
AC10 said:
E-Hybrid said:
epninja said:
Set in Afghanistan
Err....
Hmmm...

I never got that.
The US, UK and Canadian militaries all have a strict no beard policy. If you were growing a beard for months you would be forced to shave.
It is to show that they are real men "grrr I show my power through my beard!"

Or they get bonuses for greater facial hair : large beard = +2accuracy/damage
haha maybe! The ONLY Way I could think for it to work is if he was a captured solder and was like tortured for months or something and grew a beard.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
AC10 said:
E-Hybrid said:
epninja said:
Set in Afghanistan
Err....
Hmmm...

I never got that.
The US, UK and Canadian militaries all have a strict no beard policy. If you were growing a beard for months you would be forced to shave. You also wouldn't be allowed to wear a fucking baseball cap backward.

Like are they so desperate for the frat boy audience they literally have to but a backwards baseball cap wearing douchebag right on the front of the box in hopes that these sacks of neurons will just wander into the game store and say "Look brah that guy like has a had and a gun! SICK I NEED TO BUY THIS DUDE!"
Well he is the "Tear 1" person, so same rules don't apply? He could be undercover sometimes and to fit in he has a big beard to look more native to the population, like in "Body of Lies". Any ways who really cares? Bigger the beard = More bad ass.