EA did some things good.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I liked them better when they were Electronic Arts, and were releasing Bullfrog games.

That said, Mirror's Edge is my favorite game ever, so...

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
All madmen do some good things in their lives. noone is pure evil. that does not make the thing good though.
They published San ANdreas, and is till see their logo of "EA - Challenge Everything" Each time i turn that on, so almsot daily. and i think that logo was awesomely done and they shouldnt have changed it. so there, they created a great logo.

PxDn Ninja said:
Even in this thread, go through and count how many times people effectively say "I love X game by EA, but to hell with them anyway".
There was Elelctronic arts - pre 2007, which released great games and were well liked.
There was EA - post 2007 (AKA The reign of John Riccitiello) - which only good games were those they published (not created inhouse) and bad decisions were a plenty.

Ben Saville

Nov 24, 2011
PxDn Ninja said:
The general feel is, whatever EA releases well is in spite of EA, what is poor is all EA's fault. This is expanded by many people not understanding how the industry works. Take the NFL exclusive license for example. EA got that license because the NFL was tired of competing games, and said they were going to limit the license to one company. EA took the chance to grab it. Thus, they are evil.

And this goes for every company. Activision has done some shady stuff, but they have released fantastic titles and terrible games as well. Even Valve has had their ups and downs. My point ultimately was that expecting a forum such as this to go "Yeah, I don't agree with some of what X company does, but they have done some pretty awesome stuff too," is a futile effort at best.
I do agree with that. It is a rather popular thing to hate on EA. I just think that using the fact we're "gamers" as a reason isn't fair. It is, after all a thread about EA. I wouldn't go onto an EA thread and ***** about 2K in the same way I wouldn't ***** about 2K on a rockstar thread. At the end of the day, EA has piss all to do with a lot of the actual games. they make sure some things get released. they do the marketing. they make funding decisions. That doesn't mean that the games are their responsibility any more than THQ. Yes, they have taken risks, but the devs should be thanked as well as EA.

Also, there are people saying that they the exact thing that you think is a forgone conclusion. The current climate is not exactly one of acceptance for EA either, with many broken promises. That's something to consider.