EA is "on a Journey" to Regain PC Gamer Trust

bladestorm91

Mar 18, 2015
You are not getting my trust back EA, ever. It's an exercise in futility. You burned too many bridges (or in this case companies), killed numerable games and have a lack of care for anything but your bottom line.

If you wanted to please anyone, then you would just die.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Katherine Kerensky said:
They want to regain my trust? Well, they can start by putting their games on Steam and not making Origin a requirement.
But Valve aren't selling Half Life 2 etc on Origin are they? How come they get a free pass?

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
I'm on a journey to always have the money I need on hand. It required a Genie and a carefully worded wish.

I still think my journey will be taken more seriously.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
EA can go straight to hell. They said this best before they released Battle Front, and what a bloody bland rip-off that is.

Never again EA.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
You want to know what would get on MY good side, EA? A new Sims 3 expansion. I know that's not happening with Sims 4, but think about what kind of notice that'd get you! "Amidst Sims 4 Content, Sims 3 Gets New Expansion," think of that.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Bad Jim said:
Katherine Kerensky said:
They want to regain my trust? Well, they can start by putting their games on Steam and not making Origin a requirement.
But Valve aren't selling Half Life 2 etc on Origin are they? How come they get a free pass?
It's because people seem to have this odd fascination for them, they seem to think that Valve are consumer champions.

They as big a for profit company as EA, they are just better at hiding their shady dealings.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
EA doesn't make anything I want anymore, so I care little for their endless promises to not produce broken games tied to terrible DRM services.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Bedinsis said:
immortalfrieza said:
Kudos should not be given to someone for simply finally doing what they always should have been doing in the first place, nor for anything any half decent human being would have done, and this is particularly true when it comes to companies.

As it's already been mentioned by others, it very likely the refunding had to do with having to comply with law rather than because EA had a sudden and very brief bout of basic human decency.
They initiated their refund policy in August 2013 (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127004-EA-Offers-Full-Refunds-For-Unsatisfied-Origin-Customers) something Valve only caught up to in June 2015 (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141003-Steam-Adds-New-Two-Week-Two-Hour-Refund-Options). In this period of close to two years Valve happily did not do the thing any half decent human being would have done. EA did. If it was the law that was breathing down their necks I must ask why they weren't breathing even harder on the larger digital distributor?
So Value was able to weasel out of offering that refund for longer than EA was, just like any other company tries to do for as long as they can possibly get away with whenever the law bears down on them, what of it?

It's irrelevant who did this refund first or how long it took anybody else to do it anyway, it's still something these companies should have been doing from the very beginning and thus something they should not be praised for finally doing AT ALL. I won't and shouldn't be praising everybody I meet for not punching me in the face the moment they first look at me for the same reason.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Bad Jim said:
Katherine Kerensky said:
You would have to show that Value didn't so much as try to put Half Life 2 and any of the rest of their games on Origin in the first place and that Origin didn't deny them from doing so if they did first before you could call that getting a free pass. It's kinda hard to blame Value for not doing what they weren't capable of doing, and EA is pretty selective (to put it nicely) about the games of theirs they allow to be on Steam as well.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Oh look, EA is doing it's annual "Gamers First! We're all about our fans" thing. It's cute, in a retarded puppy pissing on the floor and then wagging his tail while he laps it up only to barf it back with some extra chunks of the poop he ate earlier kind of way.

Can't even say I'm mad any more, EA has so thoroughly destroyed most of it's good IP by putting it through the bland-o-matic mass-market game generator machine it thinks can replace all the studios it's buried that they aren't making any games I'm interested in.

So you do you EA, and I'll be over here playing all the interesting, innovative or at least not blatantly broken games that lie about what they are which you are no longer making.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
EA in 2000. Lets fuck PC gamers for every dollar and take over and ruin their favourite devs.
EA in 2005. Lets keep fucking PC gamers for every dollar and continue to take over and ruin their favourite devs.
EA in 2010. Hmmm...for some reason our tactic of fucking over our customers and devs is causing people to hate us. Perhaps we're not fucking people over hard enough.
EA in 2013. We're sorry for being dicks. We vow to fuck you over even harder until you like us again. Free DRM for everyone!
EA in 2014. Jesus, what's with these guys? We fuck them over. We make all our games Online only. But still they hate us!
EA in 2015. Maybe we should shut down more dev teams.
EA in 2016. Come on guys...love us! We'll do our best to make you love us. How about we murder some orphans?

EA doesn't understand the PC community. Not. One. Bit.

Apr 5, 2008
Let me buy the games from Steam and without Origin again and no more Day 1/On disc DLC. Then we'll talk :)

It would help if EA didn't insist on "mass market appeal", watering everything down to a formulaic game to sell to the broadest audience. Ubisoft are just as guilty. It is nice to play an RPG that's an RPG sometimes.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008

(Bonus points to Jack for being Irish.)

You're a long way away, EA. See you in about 20 freakin' years, maybe.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Well, better go back to buying EA games! I might also take up smoking again, as I heard tobacco smoke is trying to be less carcinogenic.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
They're just trying to spin the fact that the EU is mandating a refund policy for Digital Distribution into some kind of trusting winning attempt.

Also, I call bullshit on the insinuation that Sim City 4 was ever fixed. They never fixed the pathfinding, for example. They just released an expansion with blimps and aerial vehicles and other bullshit to bypass the roads that they never got to work.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Katherine Kerensky said:
And then do a remake or sequel to Future Cop L.A.P.D.
Nice to see someone else knows this game actually exists. Though at this point I wouldn't trust them to get it right.

Sol_HSA

was gaming before you were born
Nov 25, 2008
votemarvel said:
Sol_HSA said:
Reads topic. Checks steam. Mass effect 3 still not in steam. Life goes on.
Buy on Origin, run through Steam. You've no reason not to play the game other than some odd loyalty toward Valve.
That would require me to install origin, and.. I won't install origin. Instead, I'll just make a head canon where they never made a third mass effect, which, based on some comments I've read of it, is probably a better ending to the saga.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
As has been said MULTIPLE times, we've seen this song and dance before, and the self-congratulatory comments don't exactly help either. Companies like EA are only too happy to get down on their knees and apologize before pulling their next line of bullshit, rinse and repeat.

Smilomaniac said:
I'm fairly certain that Steam implemented reimbursement because most of Europe forced them by law, not because EA did it, though it is likely to have had an impact.
They weren't forced per say, but after a certain court case was thrown out, they decided to make the first move before the EU lawmakers got their shit together and clarified that a video game was something you could demand a refund on if it wasn't fit for purpose.

Hell, the fact that people were getting sick of all the unfiltered crap that was getting onto the storefront with zero oversight and almost as little response to reported material (we're talking about games that go well beyond subjective quality) was probably more of a reason to add refunds than EA offering refunds for ONLY their own games.

mavkiel

Apr 28, 2008
Sol_HSA said:
That would require me to install origin, and.. I won't install origin. Instead, I'll just make a head canon where they never made a third mass effect, which, based on some comments I've read of it, is probably a better ending to the saga.
I really wish I didn't play mass effect 3. Played me 1 a dozen times, mass effect 2, 5 or 6 times.. and me 3 once. Right after I beat me 3 I deleted it off my hard-drive, and actually cursed a wee bit. It had one or two good missions, the rest of it was pure garbage.