EA Launches Mass Effect 3 Discs into Space

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Monkeyman O said:
Ha. They do this. Someone gets it. Uploads it to the net. Everyone gets the game weeks early. EA bitches and moans about it being pirated to fuck weeks before its official release.
Dumbasses.
Yeah, that'll teach them to do something cool!

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Oh man, I can't wait to find a fallen, probably broken, disc which likely wouldn't survive the intense temperature shifts that happen at those altitudes.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
unless sudden gusts of wind will blow either the london,berlin or paris balloon over the netherlands i doubt my chances are that high..
though it's a nice marketing thing

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
The game is being made mostly in Canada, why do we not get one or maybe half a dozen given the size of our landmass? No I am bloody serious.

Link XL1

Apr 6, 2010
poiumty said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
]Are you seriously criticizing ADVERTISING for being "attention-grabbing"? Seriously? That's like complaining that your soda is too wet, or that your car goes too fast.

Dead Space 2 and Dante's Inferno campaigns shed a bad light on the industry and gamers in general. This is entirely harmless.
sure it sound harmless, but you just KNOW some nut is gonna show up to the landing site with a shotgun...

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Link XL1 said:
poiumty said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
]Are you seriously criticizing ADVERTISING for being "attention-grabbing"? Seriously? That's like complaining that your soda is too wet, or that your car goes too fast.

Dead Space 2 and Dante's Inferno campaigns shed a bad light on the industry and gamers in general. This is entirely harmless.
sure it sound harmless, but you just KNOW some nut is gonna show up to the landing site with a shotgun...
And here's me thinking I was being original. Looks like I'm gonna have to go bigger.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
"Madman with gun tracks spaced game to field, kills everyone there"

"Several wounded and 2 dead in fight over spaced game"

I don't like the fact that these two sentences were the first to pop into my head as I was reading this. I need to lighten up.

Preacher zer0

Jun 13, 2010
That's not space!

"EA ties game discs to weather balloons and lets them drift up pretty high" isn't as attention grabbing I suppose.

Anyway as I recall this was done better by the Tabula Rasa dude like a long time ago.
Launching gamers DNA into space, man that's way cooler.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
razer17 said:
I assume they are wrapping them or something, otherwise all we get is a smashed disc. Also, I imagine that one of these might end up on eBay. We all remember how much pre-release copies of MW3 sold for their.
EA better put it in some kind of special packaging not just for it not to break, but the case itself or something because there will probably be people that will buy an extra copy of the game and try and pass it off as one of the space copies to get an extra buck on E-Bay. Knowing how many idiots are out there, there will probably be people that will believe them.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Well that's just stupid.

If I hadn't already made my decision to completely ignore Mass Effect 3, this would probably have done it.