EA Manager Calls Black Ops Brand "Tired"

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Grey Carter said:
What these people fail to understand is that schoolyard brawls are awesome.
Awesome for forum trolls and all-round lulz. Absolute poison in the eyes for anyone wanting to have a decent discussion on the subject. :p

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
What a hypocrite. Activision isn't even all that bad anymore. They found their gold mine and they're sticking to it without ruining everything they touch. EA on the other hand isn't happy until they ruin everything in a 1000 mile radius.

Blade_125

Sep 1, 2011
Well that is certainly the pot calling the kettle black. Even if the kettle actually is black.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Grey Carter said:
What these people fail to understand is that schoolyard brawls are awesome.
No, they're not. They're stupid, ego-driven, piles of tripe that distinctly intertwine with the culture of bullying. And as long as people think that they're "awesome," they'll never go away.

Just my opinion, just like your opinion that they're awesome. I hope that we can agree to disagree rather than starting a flame war.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
If I were Activision I'd just respond by showing a chart of all of EA and Activision's sales figures for each rival game of the last ten or so years. Then laugh, lots, from atop a tower of money.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
RaNDM G said:
All I'm hoping for is that Black Ops II changes up the genre. Modern Warfare was stale by the time 3 came out, and almost every developer has copied the model since then. At least Treyarch is trying to do something new with the franchise.

What's EA got coming out this year? Another Madden, another NCAA, another NBA, and another Medal of Honor. Whoop-de-freakin'-doo.
You forgot Mass Effect 2013. Not a prequel.

Also, there are now a grand total of what, 2 Black Ops games and you are calling the brand "tired"? Didn't know that happened so quickly.

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
You know there was a poll not too long ago concerning the 'Call of Duty' franchise dying out, and I kind of laughed it off as something that wouldn't happen in one million years, then I watched the trailer of Black Ops 2.

It seems as though this time around, even the idiots won't buy this just because of how much it has deviated.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
NiPah said:
I just pictured an Activision exec smiling and going "You mad bro?".

Being old doesn't matter to Activision, not making a profit matters to Activision, same goes for EA but I guess this manager didn't get the memo.
Lol I just looked at your profile pic and didn't have to read your post.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Lumber Barber said:
Wait, what? When exactly did Activision cuss back at EA?
From what I've seen and heard, Activision was incredibly mature and EA was a spoiled child who thinks his toy is better than the other kids' toys.
This. The brawl last year between MW3 and BF3 was actually a pretty one sided mud-slinging match started by EA. I think Activision may have made one or two responses, but pretty much all the bile that I remember came directly from EA.

Also, I find it hilarious that EA utterly failed to dethrone Call Of Duty with their biggest property, Battlefield 3, and are now expecting Medal of friggin Honour to offer some sort of competition instead. Especially as this year's Medal Of Honour looks like the definition of generic shooter, while Black Ops 2 looks like it may actually be mixing things up a bit and trying new ideas.

I may be wrong, but if Activision didn't utterly stomp on EA last year, I reckon they will this year.
I disagree, as I share xbox's with a CoD Player and have many friends who play both MW3 and BF3, they have come to the conclusion that MW3= Meh. BF3= Meh+1 so > MW3.

Not to mention the hordes of CoD players at the schools that always prefer talking about BF3 than MW3.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Tell me, has Activision ever really responded to statements like these?

Seems it's always EA doing the smack talk while Activion just focuses on promoting and selling it's games.

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
Graphically? Yes he's 100% right

But talking about the BLOPS brand as being tired? There is only one other Black Ops game.

Remind me, Mr EA PR agent, How many Battlefield related games are there?

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
RagTagBand said:
Graphically? Yes he's 100% right

But talking about the BLOPS brand as being tired? There is only one other Black Ops game.

Remind me, Mr EA PR agent, How many Battlefield related games are there?
Don't go patting yourself on the back just yet. It doesn't matter how many battlefield games there are, it was a jab at Activision's release schedule. The Annual CoD game to be precise.

I dare say you've been whooshed sir. Although to be fair, he really should've said Call of Duty instead of Black Ops... but the 2 terms are practically synonymous by now.

Comando96

May 26, 2009
cryogeist said:
I dont think EA can say much about CoD considering battlefield is the same thing every time as well.
Thats not true...

I wish it was... Battlefield 3 would have less shitty maps.

Wesley Brannock

Sep 7, 2010
This is just an immature argument. Both companies are horrible for milking their respective titles to death.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Comando96 said:
cryogeist said:
I dont think EA can say much about CoD considering battlefield is the same thing every time as well.
Thats not true...

I wish it was... Battlefield 3 would have less shitty maps.
ok then
what exactly has changed in the battlefield series besides new settings and improvements?
or i'm taking your post the wrong way and starting an argument for no reason. :C