EA Manager Calls Black Ops Brand "Tired"

Comando96

May 26, 2009
cryogeist said:
ok then
what exactly has changed in the battlefield series besides new settings and improvements?
They created senario's that try to turn the game into Call of Duty to appeal to fans of Call of Duty... defeating the point of the game... That's only some maps though. The rest of it is fine.

Other than that... not much... and I don't dispute that at all.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
What about that remake/sequel of Medal of Honor that nobody wanted? How's that coming along EA?

Remember kids, developers are douchebags like us, just douchebags that happen to be in the vardeo garming industree.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
I'll go you one further, CoD as a whole is tired.
Unfortunately, since I haven't touched BF3 in months I can't say I'm on that side anymore either. Oh well, let them both argue into obscurity and let some other new property have it's day. ARMA 3 anyone?

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
Gorilla Gunk said:
Tell me, has Activision ever really responded to statements like these?

Seems it's always EA doing the smack talk while Activion just focuses on promoting and selling it's games.
Actually, I only recall Activision responding once last year with MW3 vs BF3, and then they said that EA was being childish about it and they should support each other instead of bickering like children, to which EA responded; "Yeah? Well you suck!".

...Granted it's not word by word but it's pretty much that.

On topic, I feel Activision is the better company, sure they milk franchises and has overpriced DLC, but EA has day one DLC, force multiplayer into games which wouldn't need it, which brings us to online passes which Activision isn't even using! EA is probably doing more evil things I've forgotten, I remember at one point they were really on trying to take over Rockstar, a hostile takeover of Take Two was rumoured but I never heard what happened to all of that. I wouldn't like to see EA taint the brilliance that is Rockstar... Anyone know what happened?

Anyway, when it comes to shitty behavior...
Activision: 2 (milking, overpriced DLC)
EA: OVER 9000!!!!!! D:

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
Don Savik said:
What about that remake/sequel of Medal of Honor that nobody wanted? How's that coming along EA?

Remember kids, developers are douchebags like us, just douchebags that happen to be in the vardeo garming industree.
Actually that's the best part, it's the publishers (EA and Activision) that's fighting, the ones actually developing the games are really friendly towards each other, with sitdowns when they've complimented each others games ^^

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Honestly, EA needs to learn that talking smack means nothing. They need to learn how to actually be competitive if they want to get anywhere. The EA brand isn't some golden idol that people worship. They're not going to take down Call of Duty through childish name-calling and they'll never compete with Steam until they stop believing that everyone will forsake Valve to play Battlefield.

I never thought a company could outdo Bobby Kotick's asshole factor with Activision's moneygrubbing $15 map packs and milking Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk to death, but EA may have done it.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Clashes against companies wouldn't be so bad if it were to influence creativity. Sadly, in this case, it's causing both companies to stagnate the industry even more.

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
This just in: "Activision Calls Battlefield Brand Tired"

Personally, I think that EA and Activision should just cut the crap and start addressing 'yo momma' jokes at each other.

zachusaman

Feb 28, 2012
please Activision PLEASE TAKE A FEW POT SHOTS AT ORIGIN (with a freaking rocket launcher)
PLEASE

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
Guys, it's all marketing. They'll tussle, we'll laugh, and then they'll announce that each team will answer the call of duty and settle this on the battlefield by releasing a joint FPS venture pitting both games virtually against each other by allowing Battlefielders to play online against Modern Warfarers.

EA/Activision's new game: "Call of Battle: Modern Warfielders."

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Elyxard said:
And the arrogant, childish bastards of the year award goes to..!
Careful about awarding that one too early, it's an election year. Obama and Romney have yet to really go at it yet. :)

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Fight! Fight! Fight!

*Grabs popcorn*

Also, as much as it pains me, I agree with EA, Black Ops was the worst CoD ever, quite the achievement.

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
Ugh. More of this BS? Why don't both these companies enter the ring and actually fight it out, just to get it out of their system? At least that might be more entertaining than listening to these jerkoffs throw petty (and lame) insults at each other (or mostly EA doing the throwing).

CAPCHAS: Save Yourself. <-- I couldn't have said it better myself.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
cryogeist said:
I dont think EA can say much about CoD considering battlefield is the same thing every time as well.
Spitfire said:
This just in: "Activision Calls Battlefield Brand Tired"

Personally, I think that EA and Activision should just cut the crap and start addressing 'yo momma' jokes at each other.
Why is everyone bashing on Battlefield, considering that we were promised a true sequel to BF2 a few years ago by DICE themselves and they disgraced the franchise by changing too much!

Compare:
BF2
BF2124 (say what you want, it's totally different in terms of objectives and rules)
BF:BC
BF:BC2
BF3

The only two that are comparable are BC and BC2. The rest suffered a lot more changes from one to another.

Adam Jensen said:
What a hypocrite. Activision isn't even all that bad anymore. They found their gold mine and they're sticking to it without ruining everything they touch. EA on the other hand isn't happy until they ruin everything in a 1000 mile radius.
Activision ruined the perfectly good franchise that was Call of Duty.

And let's not forget that they had some bullshit deals to force a DJ Hero to halt development, and tried to prevent EA from publishing Brutal Legend.

They are as evil as EA.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Some argue that two of the industry's most notable publishers going at each other in the PR equivalent of a schoolyard brawl sets a poor example to other publishers, embarasses the industry as a whole and encourages the annoying "Us Vs. Them" argumentative nonsense that makes gaming forums unbearable. What these people fail to understand is that schoolyard brawls are awesome.
Ya, they can be, but I'm waiting for the school yard brawl between EA and Activision where one of them doesn't get back up.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Yawn. Another year of Activision releasing a game in a popular franchise and EA making fun of them while they do exactly the same thing, but less popular. 2010 called, etc.

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
"Now if I were the unpleasant, sarcastic kind of journalist, I would now point out that someone working for Electronic Arts, a company which invented, refined and perfected the art of milking franchises into horrifying dried-out husks, criticising another company for doing exactly that is akin to Jeffery Dahmer calling someone out on their poor hospitality. A bit cheeky, if you catch my drift."

This, in spades. I have a dream in which the management of both companies are locked into a room with 1 knife and no food for 3 months. It doesn't always play out the same way, but I always wake up smiling :)