EA purchases Titanfall developer, Respawn Entertainment and their IP for 455 million currencies

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Saelune said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Saelune said:
Not really, certainly not for a developer like Respawn which is too small to stand alone. People are acting like they were snatched away from some better publisher, but EA has had their hooks in them since the start.
Not snatched. More like groomed. That doesn't make it ok. It basically garuntees their future work will have a lot more strings attached to corporate meddling, bonus pay based on metacritic scores and general anti-consumer practices added to anything they now make. Whatever you thought of them before, they're only going to get worse from now on.
As if they would not have those put upon them regardless. Who would they go to instead? Activision?
I prefer Bethesda, if they chose different. Bethesda is better than the unholy Trinity (EA, Activision, & Ubisoft) by a huge margin. They may not be perfect either but they treated developers with more respect than EA and the other shit head companies. Hell, Sega would have been a better option by comparison.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
CoCage said:
I prefer Bethesda, if they chose different. Bethesda is better than the unholy Trinity (EA, Activision, & Ubisoft) by a huge margin. They may not be perfect either but they treated developers with more respect than EA and the other shit head companies. Hell, Sega would have been a better option by comparison.
Saelune said:
As if they would not have those put upon them regardless. Who would they go to instead? Activision?
Are we all forgetting that Devolver Digital exists here?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Arnoxthe1 said:
CoCage said:
Saelune said:
Are we all forgetting that Devolver Digital exists here?
They are a great choice too. Like I said, anything is better than the Unholy Trinity.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Why does every studio acquisition by EA feel like its tantamount to investing money in south park?