EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare

Theissen

New member
Jan 8, 2008
203
0
0
I bet that once Bad Company 3 comes out, John Funk will call it BeeCeeThree. Which raises the question why John wasn't given the task of publishing this article so he could use his beloved Mewtwo.

But before BC3 even comes out, I'm sooo looking forward to BC2
 

Wandrecanada

New member
Oct 3, 2008
460
0
0
Bad Company 1 was the game that broke me away from the Call of Duty series forever. Bad Company 2's multiplayer is already markedly superior to the original Bad Company. So much so that their only hurdle left is to prove that their capacity for creating an engaging single player campaign is equivalent.

I must agree that there will be many who do not share the love of Battlefield's more methodical approach to shooters. Fans of Halo, CoD and Unreal Tournament will likely shy away from an experience that leaves too many options and not enough camping.
 

Coaxill

New member
Dec 22, 2009
100
0
0
dommyuk said:
Coaxill said:
Bad company 2 is without a doubt better than MW2 but I still hate EA. I will support IW to the end no matter what stupid shit they pull.
Despite them reducing the quality of your gaming experience, you'll let them walk all over you?
They didn't reduce the quality of my gaming experience as a whole. It was better than cod4 anyway. I'm just saying that I was supporting them since the beginning and I will never stop. You don't pull the plug on your mother when shes in the hospital just because she can't do anything.
 

Coaxill

New member
Dec 22, 2009
100
0
0
Wandrecanada said:
Bad Company 1 was the game that broke me away from the Call of Duty series forever. Bad Company 2's multiplayer is already markedly superior to the original Bad Company. So much so that their only hurdle left is to prove that their capacity for creating an engaging single player campaign is equivalent.

I must agree that there will be many who do not share the love of Battlefield's more methodical approach to shooters. Fans of Halo, CoD and Unreal Tournament will likely shy away from an experience that leaves too many options and not enough camping.
Who camps in Unreal Tournament or Halo? Furthermore, If someone camped in UT, They would lose anyway.
 

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
136
0
0
Not going to happen, at least in my eyes. I've never really liked EA's games in the past. Who knows? Maybe this one will suprise me...
 

NeutralMunchHotel

New member
Jun 14, 2009
13,335
0
0
PayJ567 said:
I hope this outsells MW2 on pc, that would really shove it to IW. Yeah take that while you sit on your tonnes of bank notes not caring.
The 'tonnes of bank notes' prove that Infinity Ward have won, and I doubt they'd care if BW2 outsells it on the PC. In case you haven't noticed, it's owning the console market.
 

Supreme Unleaded

New member
Aug 3, 2009
2,291
0
0
I don't get it, Bad company and MW2 are completely different game styles.

Yeah they're both shooters but BC is more of a tactics base and has more of a PC fanbase, MW2 isnt so much tactics as it is rush said area and it has mostly a Console fanbase.

Nevertheless im probably gunna like Battlefield better.
 

Caligulove

New member
Sep 25, 2008
3,029
0
0
I saw the trailers for Bad Company 2 and it does look like a newer, shinier version of BF2 from '05.

Which is good! Because for the longest time until I sold my high-end desktop for money needed for other things, I loved Battlefield 2- and was probably the most fun I've had online playing a game ever. Its what I love about the Battlefield series. So now that I could play this spiritually similar game on my cheaper consoles! awesome!
 

Danpascooch

Zombie Specialist
Apr 16, 2009
5,231
0
0
I don't know much about this franchise, is it any good?

I thought this game was supposed to be a satire (BAD company) about stupid soldiers in the field, (I could be thinking of another game but I don't think I am) how does it expect to compete?
 

Chris^^

New member
Mar 11, 2009
770
0
0
lets not forget that MW2 is actually really bad, i cant wait for a better multiplayer gameto come out so i can play some decent and, more importantly, fun games online
 

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
45,698
0
0
Caliostro said:
[1]
Kalezian said:
of course multiplayer sucks ass for simple reasons that are in every single online shooter of the same type.

prone, powerful sniper rifles [as in you DIE from a 12.7x99mm round, not run off and insta-heal],and overall squad gameplay
Those sound like good things... Definitely better than the assorted junk MWII has. If you think being sniped is bad, what about nuked? Or shot from a gunner plane? Or killed by a thrown knife that should never in a million years pierce kevlar by a person holding a shield that makes them practically bullet proof?


[2]
Kalezian said:
, yes it was a good idea, but then again I hate how I tried to tell my team-mates about the rifleman behind him only to find out that he doesn't have a mic. not only that, but you can only talk to the 4 people in your squad, so there is no cross squad tactics you can even think about using.

if they even just fix the squad thing, I might try out the online part, but besides that, a rent for me.
FYI: Retarded team mates exist in every game that HAS team mates. Not really a good reason to evaluate a game by.
[1] you missed the point, BC didnt have those things unlike every game out in the market, and it gets annoying since I mainly play a sniper in most maps. While I agree about the shield part, MW2 actually does those better, since you can shoot down the plane, and sniping really consists of getting to the hghest point and hoping no one saw you climbing, unlike in BC, where its crouch behind a rock [since, you know, in the future humans have devloved to the point we cant lay down] and attempt to hit someone in the head, since hitting central mass does nothing. im pretty sure if you got hit with this:



note, the one on the far left is the 12.7x99mm.

Im pretty sure you would die if you were shot in the chest with that, not being able to run a hundred yards behind a rock and instantly inject heroin magic into your bloodstream and instantly heal all your wounds.

[2] FYI: most games allow you to talk to EVERYONE on your team, not just 4 people.

it gets pretty annoying when your trying to get someones attention without talking to them simply because they are not in your squad.

"oh hey, could you heal me real fast?......... hey over here, can you atleast pick me up in the humvee your driving that has two open slots on it?"

you see how it gets annoying, had they just scraped that idea then maybe I would think higher of the multiplayer in it.
 

ToastBuster

New member
May 26, 2009
20
0
0
Kalezian said:
Caliostro said:
[1]
Kalezian said:
of course multiplayer sucks ass for simple reasons that are in every single online shooter of the same type.

prone, powerful sniper rifles [as in you DIE from a 12.7x99mm round, not run off and insta-heal],and overall squad gameplay
Those sound like good things... Definitely better than the assorted junk MWII has. If you think being sniped is bad, what about nuked? Or shot from a gunner plane? Or killed by a thrown knife that should never in a million years pierce kevlar by a person holding a shield that makes them practically bullet proof?


[2]
Kalezian said:
, yes it was a good idea, but then again I hate how I tried to tell my team-mates about the rifleman behind him only to find out that he doesn't have a mic. not only that, but you can only talk to the 4 people in your squad, so there is no cross squad tactics you can even think about using.

if they even just fix the squad thing, I might try out the online part, but besides that, a rent for me.
FYI: Retarded team mates exist in every game that HAS team mates. Not really a good reason to evaluate a game by.
[1] you missed the point, BC didnt have those things unlike every game out in the market, and it gets annoying since I mainly play a sniper in most maps. While I agree about the shield part, MW2 actually does those better, since you can shoot down the plane, and sniping really consists of getting to the hghest point and hoping no one saw you climbing, unlike in BC, where its crouch behind a rock [since, you know, in the future humans have devloved to the point we cant lay down] and attempt to hit someone in the head, since hitting central mass does nothing. im pretty sure if you got hit with this:



note, the one on the far left is the 12.7x99mm.

Im pretty sure you would die if you were shot in the chest with that, not being able to run a hundred yards behind a rock and instantly inject heroin magic into your bloodstream and instantly heal all your wounds.

[2] FYI: most games allow you to talk to EVERYONE on your team, not just 4 people.

it gets pretty annoying when your trying to get someones attention without talking to them simply because they are not in your squad.

"oh hey, could you heal me real fast?......... hey over here, can you atleast pick me up in the humvee your driving that has two open slots on it?"

you see how it gets annoying, had they just scraped that idea then maybe I would think higher of the multiplayer in it.
They made the squad thing optional. You can choose to be in a squad, not forced to be in one now.
 

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
45,698
0
0
Gilbert Munch said:
PayJ567 said:
I hope this outsells MW2 on pc, that would really shove it to IW. Yeah take that while you sit on your tonnes of bank notes not caring.
The 'tonnes of bank notes' prove that Infinity Ward have won, and I doubt they'd care if BW2 outsells it on the PC. In case you haven't noticed, it's owning the console market.
It appears the concept of sarcasm was lost on you. I geuse its hard to convey properly without signage, or tone of voice.
 

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
45,698
0
0
EA seem less evil lately, there games seem to be less and less rip-off. This situation reminds me of something, the little developer becomes corrupt and malevolent so everyone wants the previous villain to return.

It's like Godzilla versus that-moth-thing, no one liked Godzilla, but they needed him to kill the big moth, or something I don't remember.

Anyway BC2 looks less spammy than MW2, maybe by March the CoD-tards will all metamorphosed into real gamers.
 

Booze Zombie

New member
Dec 8, 2007
7,416
0
0
They've got a solid team noted for making a solid product and they're hoping it'll all go well.

Good luck to them, I say.
 

Cowabungaa

New member
Feb 10, 2008
10,806
0
0
Caliostro said:
Those sound like good things... Definitely better than the assorted junk MWII has. If you think being sniped is bad, what about nuked? Or shot from a gunner plane? Or killed by a thrown knife that should never in a million years pierce kevlar by a person holding a shield that makes them practically bullet proof?
Just like to step in here for a second. Shield rushers are hilariously easy to counter. You know what a matador does, right? Well, there ya go, that's all there is to it; side-step, stab in the back, or a good dosage of lead if you prefer that.