EA: Redemption?

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
People buying the packs is the only reason the DLC is free though; You have to unlock the characters and weapons, people will pay to do that. If they don't put out more stuff then nobody has anything to buy. No redemption for EA, not until I get some more new IP and more of some untapped IP like Mirrors Edge. Mass Effect 3 should go and die.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
Yes let's be super happy about free stuff for a multiplayer no one really plays and has no bearing on what coulda been a good game. Those two or however many is free multiplayer skins sure makes me forget the mess EA has made in the last decade.

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
*Somewhere, EA HQ*

Goon: Boss, they're not responding to randomized multiplayer crap, what do we do?

Boss: Give them *MORE* randomized multiplayer crap!

Remember, if your methods aren't working- you're just not trying hard enough. Has nothing to with your methods being faulty.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
Tohuvabohu said:
But in the meantime, I imagine there'd be more damage done to Bioware/EA's image if they released ANY paid DLC in the meantime. Besides, how much would all this free Multiplayer stuff really be worth?
You'd be amazed. This is a publisher that sells you a couple of hats for a dollar in Sims 3, after all. Want a virtual sofa? Better crack out the credit card buddy.

That EA is resisting the urge to monetize the shit out of something is remarkable, if not particularly commendable.
But $2.49 for random rewards in TF2 is downright honorable!

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
As other people have said, this is because selling DLC that you have to pay to unlock would be ridiculous and probably counter-productive.

Also... Redemption starts with "R"... and it hasn't even been used by CoD yet... third DLC pack title?

Frostbite3789 said:
But $2.49 for random rewards in TF2 is downright honorable!
They're all cosmetic, so most people just shrug and move on

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
EA redeemed? Let's see...*checks games collection*.. Nope, C&C4 is still there. EA can redeem themselves the day they invent a time machine, travel back to 2010 and prevent that abomination from ever coming out.

Paularius

May 25, 2010
Ofcourse they had to give it away for free. I'd be more shocked if people would actually pay for the multiplay dlc stuff. Hell i'd be shocked if people still play the multiplayer.

Thandran

Feb 19, 2011
Mathak said:
EA redeemed? Let's see...*checks games collection*.. Nope, C&C4 is still there. EA can redeem themselves the day they invent a time machine, travel back to 2010 and prevent that abomination from ever coming out.
DO NOT MENTION THAT GAME, PLEASE!

Please ... *shivers*

I think they've cornered themselves. It will be fun to watch what happens when they release the EC. I'm truly looking forward to it how they will try to explain the ending, only for it to be shredded, again, by the fans.

That reminds me... need to check my stash of popcorn if it is in need of refilling.

Epidemiix

Custom Title Yay!
Jan 3, 2012
Mathak said:
YES! They ruined it so much that going back in time in the only way that it could be fixed!

(Its weird its almost like they wanted to kill the whole series.....)

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
How many really good development company's got swallowed up and shit out by them? How many paying customers have they screwed over with their horrid customer service skills? How many different ways have they limited gaming innovation by refusing to publish anything new and untested or even remotely risky opting for familiar safe crappy copy paste sequals over and over and over again in order to satiate their never ending corporate greed. A few small meaningless DLC's do absolutely nothing to make up for all the damage EA has done to the gaming industry during their tenure.

EA has to really and honestly change their ways over a sustained period of time (years) before I will even begin to feel that they can redeem themselves in my eyes.

Madkipz

Apr 25, 2009
guitarsniper said:
So apparently the second free DLC pack for the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is coming out on tuesday. This means that since the game has been released, EA will have put out, free of charge, a dozen new character, four new maps, some six or seven new guns, new equipment, apparently some new objectives. I still feel like they're definitely far from the best company in terms of respect for the consumer, but in this regard at least, they're light-years ahead of, for example, Activision (here's looking at you MW3 map pack). This doesn't necessarily excuse their previous behavior, but I at least am willing to thank them for it.

inb4 "it's just so people will spend money on points to buy the new content"

Captcha: nice job. In this case, yes, nice job EA
Who the shit plays that boring horde mode crap anyhow?

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
guitarsniper said:
(here's looking at you MW3 map pack
As opposed to BF3's Close Quarters, Armored Kill and End Game upcoming map packs? (B2K aside so you don't make a "but you could've had it free with the pre-order")

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
Vrach said:
guitarsniper said:
As opposed to BF3's Close Quarters, Armored Kill and End Game upcoming map packs? (B2K aside so you don't make a "but you could've had it free with the pre-order")
I don't play BF3, so I have no idea bout their map packs.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
I'm still glad it looks like they're at least taking the Multiplayer portion of Mass Effect 3 seriously. It wasn't the "just shove it in somewhere" game mode everyone THOUGHT it was going to be when it was first announced.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
guitarsniper said:
Vrach said:
guitarsniper said:
I don't play BF3, so I have no idea bout their map packs.
Yet you state EA is better than ActiVision because ActiVision charges for map packs, when EA does the exact same thing. I'd suggest checking your statements next time, considering that sentence is pretty much what you based your thread on.

Not to mention the fact they're two completely different kinds of games and where map packs are an integral part to MW3/BF3 core gameplay, adding on multiplayer content to ME3 is pretty much like adding single player content to those two games.

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
Buretsu said:
Publishers that sell you hats for real money are just terrible, aren't they? I mean, just look at Valve, with TF2 and Portal 2. Despicable.

Since there is absolutely zero requirement to spend a penny on them, I wouldn't go so far as to call them despicable. However if players were required to buy certain hats/items in order to play and not buying them limited actual game play then I completely would agree with you. As is stands Valve is capitalizing on certain players desire to have those extra goodies and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
guitarsniper said:
I got the collector's edition, so i guess all that nonsense just wasn't really a big issue for me.
But you already belittled people who might e skeptical of "free" content they may have already had to pay ten bucks to access.

Captcha: Oh, Lord. Fitting.