EA: Redemption?

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Draech said:
I remember when EA did the "if you get funding for kickstarter project then we will let you use our origin for free for 2 months for distribution" and everyone hated them. This is essentially a free meal for the developer with no strings attached and people hated them for it.

EA is at a point where nothing they do can redeem them. People dont give a damm what they are doing. They just got something to hate.
Yup. when you grow to hate and despise a company as much as we have EA, its pretty damn hard for that company to ever redeem themself from their reputation. No matter what that company does, people will still look at it's every action with cynicism, because they have already trained us to be very weary of their business practices. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I despise EA, particularly because they represent a very distasteful mindset of corporate greed in the game industry. All they are are just businessmen looking for the best method to get cash quick, and they aimed their eyes at videogames. They hold no love for videogames whatsoever, they are severely out of touch with the gaming community, and they couldn't give a damn about their customers. These are people who would happily package a pile of dogshit in every game case instead of a disk if it could somehow run them a profit. I know every business is focused on getting a profit, but I would atleast like to imagine other game companies are a bit more intouch with their audience and have a bit more respect for their customers.