EA Remains Hopeful For a Deal With Bungie

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
It's funny how things change over the years

just hope through all this bungie can still have independence

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
It's so nice that EA is so honest about what it covets. Now get your heads out of the clouds, and get your asses moving on making a damn good game. Or no cookies for you. Especially if the upcoming Medal of Honor doesn't wow. I don't give cookies to second place.
Ranooth said:
Coming next year! The ultimate fight!!

Call of Duty: Combat Evolved vs Medal of Honour: Modern Warfare

Place your bets people!!
No, silly. It would be Call of Duty: Red vs Blue Battlefield: Supreme Surrender.
Git it on!
Cowabungaa said:
Jack and Calumon said:
A Call of Duty with Future-esque Weapons (An Exploding Crossbow)
What's futuristic about crossbow bolts with an explosive tip?
Heh, he didn't say crossbow bolts with an explosive tip. He said exploding crossbow. Cool as that sounds, I just can't shake that there would be a safety issue involved there...

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I see what they are doing. EA currently has three of the four major competing studios that make multiplayer relient FPS's under its wing, its trying to get the fourth one.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
I sure hope that EA doesn't acquire Halo.
If they do we'll have to go through those annoying "EA registration screens," to create an account, to play a game of multiplayer, on a game that we already own.
This would ruin the quick match making that Halo is known for, and be generally annoying.

Apr 28, 2008
SilentHunter7 said:
Digikid said:
Orcus_35 said:
I personally hope Not! EA already screwed all of it's own licenses and i don't want to see other franchises being tainted by EA.
I agree. EA does not have a good name anymore...just yet another company that is screwing over their fanbase like crazy. You would have to be a complete idiot to buy any more EA games these days. DRM hell!!!!
That may have been true 5 years ago, but it certainly isn't true today. EA has made a huge turnaround. EA has published games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Battlefield, and Dead Space, and they distributed games like The Orange Box, Left 4 Dead, and Rock Band.

You'd have to be an idiot to NOT own at least one of their games.
Indeed. Plus, BIOWARE!

They seem to be doing fine.

EA's not that great, but at least they're learning... kinda...

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Digikid said:
Orcus_35 said:
I personally hope Not! EA already screwed all of it's own licenses and i don't want to see other franchises being tainted by EA.
I agree. EA does not have a good name anymore...just yet another company that is screwing over their fanbase like crazy. You would have to be a complete idiot to buy any more EA games these days. DRM hell!!!!
Dragon Age Origins didn't have any DRM when it came out. They stopped using the DRM after the whole Spore fiasco.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
SilentHunter7 said:
Digikid said:
Orcus_35 said:
That may have been true 5 years ago, but it certainly isn't true today. EA has made a huge turnaround. EA has published games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Battlefield, and Dead Space, and they distributed games like The Orange Box, Left 4 Dead, and Rock Band.

You'd have to be an idiot to own at least one of their games.
NOt true at all. The DRM that they put on their games now is even worse than ever. You are a number to them....no more and no less.

Edited your comment to make up for your mistake.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Digikid said:
NOt true at all. The DRM that they put on their games now is even worse than ever. You are a number to them....no more and no less.

Edited your comment to make up for your mistake.
Can you elaborate? I haven't had any DRM problems with my EA games.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
If a company can stand on it's own, they should. Why Bioware puts up with EA I don't know. Fun fact: On the Mass Effect 2 box, Bioware is stated twice but hard to notice. EA has it's rather obvious logo in 3 spots, and EA is mentioned many more times in the smaller bits.
EA is not as bad as it used to be apparently, but they seem like they just wanna leach.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
SilentHunter7 said:
Digikid said:
Orcus_35 said:

You'd have to be an idiot to NOT own at least one of their games.
Not as though they DEVELOPED most of the good games that has EA all over it.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Miumaru said:
If a company can stand on it's own, they should. Why Bioware puts up with EA I don't know. Fun fact: On the Mass Effect 2 box, Bioware is stated twice but hard to notice. EA has it's rather obvious logo in 3 spots, and EA is mentioned many more times in the smaller bits.
EA is not as bad as it used to be apparently, but they seem like they just wanna leach.
BioWare 'puts up with' EA, because EA signs their paychecks. It's kinda hard to finance the $100 Million game BioWare makes.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
SilentHunter7 said:
Miumaru said:
BioWare 'puts up with' EA, because EA signs their paychecks. It's kinda hard to finance the $100 Million game BioWare makes.
I am aware of what they do, hence my first line, since I doubt Bioware lacks the resources to publish their own games. Considering they put out so many huge games AND in rather rapid succession too. If you are smaller, I can understand why you would toil under a company like EA, but Bioware is not some small, weak group.