EA Reviving Classic Bullfrog Games?

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
Aac18 said:
Go EA, I would love a new Dungeon keeper

Grampy_bone said:
If they could just make Dungeon Keeper 2 run in Vista I'd be happy.
You can run it on Vista if you right click on its icon --> go to properties --> compatibility and set it to a older running software (for example XP). At least that worked when a friend of mine needed to get it working.
It runs like old people screw and is filled with liberal amounts of graphical glitches. So maybe its a video card/directx problem, I don't know. But it definitely isn't playable.

Woem

May 28, 2009
I'm so glad they're not just going to do a remake of those games since I'm really starting to get sick of those. I always thought it was a shame that Dungeon Keeper 3 got canceled, and Populous The Beginning was the start of something beautiful (which in a way evolved into Lionsgate's first title: Black & White).

Now one can only hope they will also bring back the Magic Carpet series!

Mojave

Jul 22, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Bring back the Bullfrog, FUCK YEAH!

A Theme Park revival could fill the void in my soul that formed when Atari and Chris Sawyer started stabbing each other with broken beer bottles and vowed to never work on any more Rollercoaster Tycoon games. Oh, I miss that kind of game.

And bring on some new Dungeon Keeper. Re-releasing the original two, less interest as I still have the CDs for them, but some new DK would make my cup floweth over.

But don't forget HiOctane! A re-release to PC or console would be smashing, a revised release (better graphics) would be divine, and a sequel would have me bouncing off the walls for months.
Hell yeah Hi-Octane! I don't really give a hoot about Theme Park, Hospital would be nice though. Populous and DK could definitely work, Road Rash would rock, but the one i'm gunning for is Syndicate, they could make that so awesome.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
doomngloom said:
FightThePower said:
"The hospital administrator is CHEATING!"

Bring back Theme Hospital.
"Morgue patients are asked to be as quiet as possible"
"Patients are reminded not to die in the corridors"

"Please don't feed the vermin. Thank you!"

That game was brilliant.

BonerMacTittyPants

Aug 3, 2009
Oh man... I just hope there's a new Populous, and that it'll be a sequel to Populous 3: The Beginning. The newest NDS version was just fail.

And what about Theme Hospital? :(

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
Please be Dungeon Keeper 3, please be Dungeon Keeper 3, please be Dungeon Keeper 3, please be Dungeon Keeper 3, please be Dungeon Keeper 3.

OH GOD I want dungeon keeper 3.

Alan Au

Mar 8, 2007
I imagine a modern version of Magic Carpet with a gesture-based spell-casting game mechanic would be ideal for waggle controllers.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
But don't forget HiOctane! A re-release to PC or console would be smashing, a revised release (better graphics) would be divine, and a sequel would have me bouncing off the walls for months.
I was reading down to see if anyone else was thinking what I was thinking, this is it!