EA Reviving Classic Bullfrog Games?

Avernus

Jun 10, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Mojave said:
Hell yeah Hi-Octane! I don't really give a hoot about Theme Park, Hospital would be nice though. Populous and DK could definitely work, Road Rash would rock, but the one i'm gunning for is Syndicate, they could make that so awesome.
Syndicate is already a go, EA is butchering it as we speak.

But HiOctane, MAN was that fun. First the demo I got from PCGamer, then the full thing on the PSX. If only it had a couple more maps to race, and maybe three or four more "cars". Though the little zippy hover-sedan that looked like the BTTF Delorian was still the best. That and the cube van.
Man! I actually was about to ask here if my memory was right about Syndicate Wars being a Bullfrog game, I loved that game... but EA is butchering it you say? Is it a lack of faith in EA (understandable of course), or have you heard some specifics on what they are doing with it? Any links you may have would be grand.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Oh lord please let it be Dungeon Keeper! I want a new Dungeon Keeper. Oh man I just splooged at the prospect of a Dungeon Keeper game with current graphics and physics. Anyone have a replacement pair of pants?

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
I have actually been playing Theme Hospital for the last 4 weeks! Darn those earthquakes!

And yes Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 are the greatest game! So fun!

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Populous: The Beginning? The sheer possibility of that coming as a download just made me require fresh boxers.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
Alan Au said:
I imagine a modern version of Magic Carpet with a gesture-based spell-casting game mechanic would be ideal for waggle controllers.
YES! I was about to say that!

Well, not that, I was kind of more thinking that it should be PS3... but still, Magic Carpet!

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I think Theme Park would work well on a handheld such as a DS or iphone.

I remember the days of youth spent oversalting the resturants in my Walt Disney tyrant way so that all the unlucky children had to go and get drinks to relieve themselves.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Major Tom said:
No love for Wing Comander? Wing Commander rivals X-Wing for my favourite space shooter franchise. Oh man, I remember when Wing Commander 3 came out....bitmapped 3d polygons, branching FMV cutscenes starring Malcom McDowell and Mark Hamill!

I would love to see a new Wing Commander. Mount up an Arrow and start fragging Kilrathi all over again. With a multiplayer component.....oh yeah.
I completely agree. Although I always appreciated the series, I completely fell in love with it thanks to the free and stand-alone expansion to Wing Commander Prophecy called Secret Operations. Granted, it didn't included any of the amazing cut-scenes but hey, I could always play the Wing Commander movie on my tv in the meantime ;)

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
either EA will milk these names or this si the greatest news ive heard in ages

also theme hospital would be nice, im still playing the original its that awesome :D

Ironic

Sep 30, 2008
Torque669 said:
Oh please god let this be true. Bullfrog are amazing. Bring back Theme Hospital and Dungeon Keeper. Those two are classics.
If they remake the first Dungeon Keeper, I hope it is really just a remake, i LOVED that game.

"Your minions need a bigger lair!"

"YOU HAVE CONQUERED THIS REALM!"

OMGOMGOMG I have to go play it right now.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Ironic said:
Torque669 said:
Oh please god let this be true. Bullfrog are amazing. Bring back Theme Hospital and Dungeon Keeper. Those two are classics.
If they remake the first Dungeon Keeper, I hope it is really just a remake, i LOVED that game.

"Your minions need a bigger lair!"

"YOU HAVE CONQUERED THIS REALM!"

OMGOMGOMG I have to go play it right now.
"Your dungeon floor is lumpy. Tell your minions to jump up and down."

"One of your imps can do an impression of you. He even does the ears."

:p

My CD got broken the other day. I made a face like this for 2 days straight -.-