EA Says Mass Effect 2 Has Sold 2 Million Units

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
The game is good and I am enjoying it very much, but I still can't shake the feeling that Bioware dumbed it down from the first Mass Effect just to appeal to a wider audience. Which is completely pointless considering that Mass Effect already had a rabidly loyal and large fanbase without sacrificing the finer RPG points that made it so popular, I mean aside from the story. Call me crazy but I feel like I'm playing an RPG designed for 13 year olds who aren't ready to handle the full control of upgrading every stat on a character yourself but needs the game to automatically upgrade it for them. I don't like only having 4 stats to upgrade.

That being said I will reiterate the fact that I do enjoy the game and the story is excellent, I just feel the RPG aspects have taken a backseat in this installment.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
swaki said:
please dont say this is as good as it gets, I'm beginning to feel like the only human in a world of ants, i really didn't like either of the games, like not at all.

so why am i the only human in a world of ant instead of it being the other way round, well one way to look at it is that i am wrong, and the other is that everyone else is, you damn dirty ants!
I'm guessing you don't like World of Warcraft or Halo either?

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
008Zulu said:
The day 1 DLC serves as it's DRM, and while it is good, it is not perfect. I have been playing it for a few days now and I have had to reload more than a few times because the hitbox geometry surround some objects causes me to become stuck in midair.
Thats happened to me but if your a vanguard just use your class specific power and youll be out of it in no time.

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
Man I hope this means that EA keeps their CEO and throws some extra cash at some of the great new EA studios putting out the excellent catalogue of titles and new IPs like BioWare, DICE and Visceral. Let's hope we will see some more Mirror's Edge, Bad Company, Beyond Good and Evil and Deadspace as well as Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Let's also hope we will see some other great new IPs gaining their legs with the visionary backing from Riccitiello.

Mar 26, 2008
I'm very glad to hear this. Bioware deserve all the kudos and cash coming there way for Mass Effect 2. They're a company that doesn't treat their loyal fans with contempt.

rougeknife

Jan 2, 2008
Well deserved, I still have some niggly issues, but I was extremly impressed, enough to burn an entire weekend to play it. The references and pisstaking alone make it worth playing, but the voice actors are something else, and the plot was enjoyable.

I wouldn?t change a thing on my first playthough.
Fem Terminator Shepard with almost equal parts blue, no romance, and I lost garus on the suicide mission? oh Garus, you who I valued the most? a loss that made curb stomping Reaper Featus and getting everyone else out alive well worth leaving the save as is for ME3?

Oh Garus?

Bonus points for having Boo in it!