EA Share Price Slides Over Old Republic Concerns

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
So many poor spellers in this thread.

'Oh MMORPGs take years to establish whether it succeeded!' Well SWTOR has 1.5 million or thereabouts sales and is a game that doesn't even know what its market base is (I'm going to be story-driven and not rely on the traditional class system! Oh wait endgame, I'll just clone WoW and raid all day all over again!)

Not to forget that the game has already lost a significant base, even if it steadies out at 1 million the investment is very poor in the MMO market especially considering what happened to WAR.

That 1 million base (even if they stay which is very unlikely due to the myriad of issues that have been sprouting up) will only be making them $15 million a month, thus taking them 10 months before making back their investment not counting the fixed or variable costs each month.

Let's say they're making a 3 million contribution margin after shareholders are happy and paying for the devs, that's over 4 years just to make back your initial investment.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Sixcess said:
People get heated when discussing games that they may very well play, or have been playing, for years. If you can't handle critical discussion of TOR then don't run stories on it.
I see plenty of worthwhile conversation taking place in here. If you can't handle an "MMO discussion" that doesn't involve acting like a pissant howler monkey, then maybe you're in the wrong thread.
Dear sir, perhaps you should read the rules?

"Offensive Comments (Tier 3): Did you just make a racist/sexist remark or post something that may offend someone, even if it wasn't intended towards the rest of the community? Well, you might be in the running to receive one Grade A probation, courtesy of our friends the Mods! Seriously, if you know it might hurt someone's feelings, then don't post it. Probations are mostly given to those who laugh at another's tasteless or derogatory jokes, and a taboo rule on The Escapist is not to feed the trolls, let alone egg them on."