EA Sues Zynga for Copying The Sims Social

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The evil corporate monolith whose own works are self-derivative and shamelessly generic vs a company who literally copied and stole everything that made them successful.
It's like a dogpile of evil.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
About time. I'm actually a little surprised that this didn't happen sooner. Now we just need to wait for Halfbrick to sue Zynga for Zombie Swipeout. It's pretty much just an inferior version of Fruit Ninja with zombies instead of fruit, and is packed to the brim with in-app purchases.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
doggie015 said:
[

I'll raise you a stadium to watch the fight in, full seating included (Well; whatever is left anyway...)

OT: I feel bad for saying this... but GO EA!
This is how I feel about Zynga retorting with the SimCity/CityVille thing:

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Y'know, I looked at CityVille, and almost mistook it for SimTown at just a glance. I've got a feeling that Zynga's done here, at least without some fancy ass black magic or some ass-pull stunt.

Nov 28, 2007
I'm neutral towards EA. Seeing their name on a box won't make me rush to buy it (like Rocksteady Studios), but it doesn't make me avoid it (like Activision).

That said, I am 100% on EA's side. Especially since Zynga's defense is basically admitting that Cityville ripped off the original Simcity. And for the case in question, judging by those screenshots, that's a bit more in common than mere coincidence would have happen. There's no way Zynga could accidentally replicate a game nearly perfectly.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
The vultures have come to pick the fresh corpse clean.

Captcha: sun tzu says
"put those bitches on ice!"

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
Wow they do look exactly the same it's a good job none of EA games could be easily mistaken for another existing series of games. oh wait.

No but in all seriousness I don't give a damn, I don't like either of these companies so whoever Loses I'll be happy

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
"EA"
EA: "What?!"
"Incinarate the corpse"!

Burn, burn it all!!!

Titans clash and I root for the stronger one. Either way though it's a loss for many. Not really me though.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Fappy said:
By the time this is all said and done EA will be getting the few remaining nickles out of whatever couches Zynga has left in their office. Way to kick them while they are bleeding from the eye sockets guys.
Considering what's being kicked here, I fully support it. Some things deserve to die, this company is definitely one of them. That said, I've missed the memo on Zynga doing badly, last I heard (and it wasn't that long ago iirc), they were swimming in money. When did it change?

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Brilliant. Way to kick them while they're down EA.

EA uses lawsuit! It's super effective!

Finish him! L-A-W-S-U-I-T ... FATALITY!

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Noswad said:
Wow they do look exactly the same it's a good job none of EA games could be easily mistaken for another existing series of games. oh wait.
Mind throwing me a few examples? Genuinely curious, can't think of any off the top of my head.

Nov 28, 2007
Vrach said:
Noswad said:
Mind throwing me a few examples? Genuinely curious, can't think of any off the top of my head.
Don't ask him. He'll probably say something about how Mass Effect 3 is a Gears of War rip-off, because they are third person shooters that rely on cover.

Although there is a point between the reboot of Medal of Honor and Modern Warfare.

Greenstripe0

Apr 2, 2010
Wow...rooting for EA. Shocking. Zynga seriously messed with the wrong people. Anyone else getting the vibe of the Mafia hit man mocking the Leader of the organization who then decides to put a hit out on him for having the balls to try and rip him off?

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
thebobmaster said:
Vrach said:
Noswad said:
Don't ask him. He'll probably say something about how Mass Effect 3 is a Gears of War rip-off, because they are third person shooters that rely on cover.

Although there is a point between the reboot of Medal of Honor and Modern Warfare.
Also BF:BC. But considering the BF series pre-dates the CoD one and that all those games were long awaiting reboots (except MoH, afaik, they were popping out the whole time, they were just bollox enough for people not to notice), it's not much to go on. Also, launching a game to compete with another game is not the same as copying a game. There's plenty different between CoD and BF (again, not counting MoH as the series never really died)

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
This is the reaction that I believe I would get if I sold tickets to people to see Joseph Stalin vs. Adolf Hitler in an MMA fight.

Can't wait to see how hard EA legal will choke slam Zynga into the ground

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Why is Zynga going down? What happened?

1-2 years ago thay were swimming in cash :|. Someone give me a news scoop!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
nikki191 said:
silly silly people thinking they could get away with stealling a game from EA. this could be the final nail in the coffin for those thieves
well, we know EA is good at killing studios.

honestly, i hope EA crushes them so utterly there's no hope of recovery, not just cause Zynga are thieves, but cause i just don't like social games