EA Unlocks Bonus Bad Company 2 Vietnam Map for Everyone

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
I can understand the PC games annoyance at this to an extent.
But only to the point of "well that sucks". If they then didn't say "Ah well time to continue playing" then that's the extent of my understanding.

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
LightPurpleLighter said:
jaketheripper said:
BAWWWWW elitist pc gamers mad?

OT: was it just today? ive been playing for a few days, havent seen it....
Mad? Naw...We're laughing at the fact that they gave up on ya'll ever getting it and just unlocked it for you. :p
i play all both superior gaming systems.(ps3 and pc) because each have their perks. but dont just assume im a console gamer, my laptop probably runs better than your rig :)/zing

regardless of the eggsboxes epic fails. pc gamers have no right to think that they are better. outside of valve and the community that surrounds it, its boring and doesnt have much to offer. except for amnesia. amnesia is fun. The hardcore pc gamer acts like the south circa 19th century. :p im not going against pc gaming. i love me some tf2. im just saying. it isnt better. niether is a console however. so just stfu and live in peace :)

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
I don't really care. They would have done it eventually. The important thing we all have to remember is that PC gamers have defeated both Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers in this challenge. And some people have the nerve to say that PC gaming is dead.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Erm...PC gamers cheated to their hearts content, then act like a bunch of dickheads when EA gives it to everyone? Why they just didn't set a requirement for everyone like ubisoft have is beyond me, since all the PC gamers have done is been elitist twats and the console gamers have just been...twats I guess. Least if the requirement had been across the consoles and PC it would have reduced this pathetic shit. Map isn't even that good on conquest I have never even seen it on rush.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I like this, I dont play BFBC2 Vietnam though, but it is sure to piss off some PC elitist (you know, the assholes even PC gamers hate), and thats always fun.

mr_pants66

Oct 7, 2009
this is crap EA is just lying and back flipping on there decision.
thanks for nothing EA.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Alright, now the console players don't have to keep up with the probably-hacked stats of the PC players!
... What? It's a PC game, you don't think some form of cheating would be more likely?

Either way, I don't really care. I don't even have the game. Congratulations to everyone who has it, I guess.
Still don't see why they didn't combine everyone's stats.

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
FreelanceButler said:
Alright, now the console players don't have to keep up with the probably-hacked stats of the PC players!
... What? It's a PC game, you don't think some form of cheating would be more likely?

Either way, I don't really care. I don't even have the game. Congratulations to everyone who has it, I guess.
Still don't see why they didn't combine everyone's stats.
Don't see how, considering you need a certain amount of people to get a game to start counting stats and there is very little that people can hack in comparison to most other shooters. I will give you that we can modify the ticket count to about 400ish to extend some games, but that's about it.

OT: Whatever, if it were the Xbox players who had won and EA unlocked it for everyone else, the Xbox players would've felt cheated. Shit like this happens all the time, it's not PC exclusive.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Way to cop out, EA! It's fun to work towards a challenge, they should have let the consoles have more time. They're cheating the console players, not the PC players!

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Hybridwolf said:
Erm...PC gamers cheated to their hearts content [...]
How do you know this? Do you have any way of substantiating that claim or are you just making baseless accusations? I for one have no idea if anyone cheated. I'm not even sure how that would be done.

Team actions are extremely common on most random servers I play on. People spot as there was no tomorrow, medics are reviving all over the place and ammo and health boxes are littered like BicMac boxes along the road of a MacDonalds. I think that is why PC "won". At least it's a more reasonable claim that has some observable facts rather than a claim with nothing to support it.

So please substantiate your claim.

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Zapperdude said:
Cousin_IT said:
They must have given up on the idea that console players are capable of team play
I second that. Console players would never be able to play properly as a team and get those 69 million team actions.

I`ll probably have to put on my flameshield for that one :D
Who needs a flameshield for the truth? (Well, unless you dont want flames)

Its typical of EA though, to buckle under pressure. We work hard to unlock something, they give it away a few days later.

Console Gamers + Teamwork is like Lithium + Water.
It doesnt last long, it amounts to little, and its overrated.
It sets itself on fire, and causes itself to cease to exist after a short time.

:)

I choose to leave my Flameshield behind for this one.

teh_gunslinger said:
Hybridwolf said:
Erm...PC gamers cheated to their hearts content [...]
How do you know this? Do you have any way of substantiating that claim or are you just making baseless accusations? I for one have no idea if anyone cheated. I'm not even sure how that would be done.

Team actions are extremely common on most random servers I play on. People spot as there was no tomorrow, medics are reviving all over the place and ammo and health boxes are littered like BicMac boxes along the road of a MacDonalds. I think that is why PC "won". At least it's a more reasonable claim that has some observable facts rather than a claim with nothing to support it.

So please substantiate your claim.
Furthermore, the logic of the plaintiff is common in console gamers.
Claiming that PC Gamers cheat at everything; in the same way they accuse people of hacking if they are, in fact, lagging. Or if the game is glitching.
And calling people noobs for using methods that work.

I too demand evidence of this baseless claim.

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
Lol , PC vs Consoles.... its like arguing about racism , sexism or about homosexuality.
If you argue in any way that is not favourable then you are a racist, sexist or anti gay homophobe.

Lets see, bad sales on the PC means those pirates are at it again ( consoles dont have pirates ), achievements is about PC cheaters, consoles players NEVER cheat ( you cant cheat on a console, never )... and any and all complaints by a PC gamer is eltist self centered whines.

To be honest we should be less PC vs Consoles and be Gamers for games irrespective of the platform. This division by platform dilutes our influence on the market trends and thus allows developers like EA, Activision and Ubisoft to dictate terms favourable to them at OUR cost.

Look at the trends, new games are DLC ridden messes, most have stupid special items that you get only if you pre order or buy a special edition, some now even 'feature' cash items stores for none mmo games you buy, some have advertisement , others have special codes to prevent you buying second hand , many require lots of patches post release before the game is truely finished.... etc etc.

Many games are also mere re-hashing of former successes, which are propigated via instense marketing and paid for positive reviews. The only thing that has really improved in the gaming is the marketing techniques.

Quality is going down, costs are rocketing ... sounds familiar to older gamers ?
Yeah because that what happened shortly after the games market grown in popularity and was reaching mainstream markets, before the market crashed under the weight of inferior products and bad economy.
We all walking down that road yet again but the big guns like EA and Activision dont really care as they will pull out before the crash, and walk off with the profits they raked in prior to the crash.

Apr 28, 2008
Eh, whatever. Doesn't really matter in the long run. PC gamers earned it at least, they should be happy about that.

Numachuka said:
Lordmarkus said:
Bah! The console-playing peasants always get everything for free! Bah! Humbug!

Always appropriate.
Pfft, please. PC gamers aren't the master race. The true master race are those of us with all 3 current-gen consoles and a gaming PC.

BOW DOWN BEFORE OUR GLORY!!

Faky

Oct 15, 2009
EA strikes again. Why the fuck do they even announce these unlocks in the first place then? Heh.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Wait, so EA decided to be massive dickheads and lock out a piece of content in DLC that people paid for until people played the other parts of the DLC a lot first? And then EA decided to stop being massive dickheads and give people the content they paid for without jumping through hoops? And we're supposed to be thankful to them for this? No. Fuck you EA, you're still massive dickheads for pulling this shit in the first place. People don't put down money for new content to then go through more hoops to play all of the new content. They paid for the content, so let them fucking play it. You guys are really working hard to get back that "Most evil company in gaming" title that Activision stole from you, aren't you?