EA Unveils Sims 4 Premium Membership

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Nurb said:
You know, I'm starting to believe that all the people who eternally ***** about EA's practices, but then go out and buy the game day one, are merely victims of Stockholm Syndrome.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Ah, remmeber when all these features and more were free and in vanilla game? remmeber when moders could add 10 times the content of the game, for free? pepperidge farm remmebers.

roseofbattle said:
The advertisement appears at 13:26 into the 30-minute video and reads
the linked video is 20 minutes long. wrong video or a typo?
not that i would really watch a 30 minute sims advertisement anyway....

Ultratwinkie said:
the guy is seriuosly overexited about GabeN wallpaper.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
I thought Sims 3 was bad, lacking in pretty much every single aspect of the game... but this, this says MEMEBERSHIP right after they said "no pools" FOR FUCK SAKES EA, FUCK SAKES.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
The Great JT said:
Ugh, AGAIN with you, EA. One step forward, two steps back.
Huh? What steps forwards? I don't recall anything like that, just one long DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHH...

All rumors of EA's intelligence are structly heresay ans idle gossip, propaganda cooked up by their PR staff and delivered...badly.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
It's getting to the point where I'm just tired of being depressed by the whole thing and I actually think I'm more impressed. Impressed that EA can just be so forward about trying to screw people over. Impressed by the fact that they can implement so many horrible awful ideas, and still get people to buy millions of copies of their games. And make no mistake, they will sell MILLIONS of copies of The Sims 4. We know they will. And EA will make money, they won't learn a lesson, and they will just keep doing horrible things for the gaming industry. But we'll let it happen. So what does it matter.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
FalloutJack said:
The Great JT said:
Huh? What steps forwards? I don't recall anything like that, just one long DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHH...
EA atually has done something decent recently. All owners of the Sims 2 have received the ultimate edition for free, which means all DLC. Granted the game is about a decade old, it's still much more stable and content filled than 3.

Source:http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/07/ea-upgrades-sims-2-owners-dlc-packed-ultimate-edition-free/

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Elfgore said:
FalloutJack said:
The Great JT said:
EA atually has done something decent recently. All owners of the Sims 2 have received the ultimate edition for free, which means all DLC. Granted the game is about a decade old, it's still much more stable and content filled than 3.

Source:http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/07/ea-upgrades-sims-2-owners-dlc-packed-ultimate-edition-free/
Ah, so the company motto is "Better late than never", eh? My advice to those guys is to embezzle now and save time.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
lacktheknack said:
NOPE.

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

NOPE.

I'M PERMANENTLY STUCK IN NOPE MODE.

Screw SimCity, THIS is a truly unmitigated disaster, because they're freaking announcing the trainwreck before it happens. I mean, "premium membership" that doesn't even get you free expansion packs? EA, y u no trying anymore?
It's too easy to hate them.

And you know, I'm one of those who mourn for old Maxis. Pre-EA Maxis...

FUN MAXIS

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Elfgore said:
FalloutJack said:
The Great JT said:

yeah I really liked that they did that, it doesn?t make up for things like a Sims game with a premium membership, but it is still a step in the right direction.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Load-between-lots is a dealbreaker for me. If this is actually confirmed, I don't care what else they do, I'm not buying. Every Sims game has had horrid load times; Sims 3's only saving grace was letting you access the entire town freely.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I just imagined Jimquisition's video about this topic.

PS: Off topic, I just got a captcha in this forum that was also an advertisement for electronic cigarettes. I can't tell if that's smart or that's going too far.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
it's like sim city all over again... will they never learn?

hope they go outta business some day.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Who cares? We got The Sims 2 for free with every expansion. It'll probably have more content than Sims 4 even after every expansion, microtransaction and premium-exclusive item is released.