EA: We Never Want to Be Named Worst U.S. Company Again

Omnicrom

Jun 26, 2012
RedDeadFred said:
Well, given the poorly prioritized rage of the internet, I'm sure they'll be named the worst company over and over until they no longer exist.
Try again, Comcast already won the 2014 worst company poll. EA lost in the first round.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Omnicrom said:
RedDeadFred said:
Well, given the poorly prioritized rage of the internet, I'm sure they'll be named the worst company over and over until they no longer exist.
Try again, Comcast already won the 2014 worst company poll. EA lost in the first round.
REALLY?! I completely missed that. I thought there was a thread going on a while back about EA winning again. Thank you for the excellent news sir. I mean yes, EA sucks, but Comcast is much worse.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
RedDeadFred said:
Omnicrom said:
RedDeadFred said:
REALLY?! I completely missed that. I thought there was a thread going on a while back about EA winning again. Thank you for the excellent news sir. I mean yes, EA sucks, but Comcast is much worse.
EA double-turkeyed, and then they got skipped. Life is funny that way.

Merlark

Dec 18, 2003
that's pretty funny EA, well too bad the only way you will stay off of that list is if someone trys harder then you and that's a heck of an effort on their part.

They honestly think gamers have the intelligence of a parsnip these days, keep making your money until you destroy all your IP's. after all video games can be just like the oil industry tight? just keep drilling until you hit bedrock and all the water is polluted. Goals Achieved!

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
C'mon guys. EA continues to disappoint, yes. Absolutely no doubt about that.

But they're a game company. The worst they can do is get you to buy a bad game. They're hardly as evil as a Comcast or Bank of America or Halliburton or Wal-Mart or... there are easily a couple dozen companies that are far worse once we poke our heads outside our insular little world.

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
FalloutJack said:
Brockyman said:
FalloutJack said:
Lunar Templar said:
The fact EA was ever named 'worst company' is just stupid. They are far from the worst. That fact a VIDEO GAME COMPANY beat out businesses and banks that are doing real harm to peoples lively hood is just sad.
I know people have said this an endless amount of times, and I know that my reply has been repeated as many times...yet still there's always someone who makes a complaint like this.

Lunar, the golden poo isn't there because they're evil, not because they are greedy assholes. It's because WHILE being so blatently dirty...they're ALSO dumb as shit, inept performers, doofus extraordinaires. It's the "How do you dumbasses even BREATHE while pulling this shit?" award. Besides, there's endless allegations and legalities to throw at the serious ones.
By your definition, I don't see how they beat out Comcast or Time Warner Cable. As much as you may want to bash EA, the fact is you still have a choice to by the games or not. With Comcast you're basically beholden to them for many services (some areas have more options than others, but even than it's with companies just as bad) like cable and high speed Internet. Their customer service is 10x worse than EA and make much more money of dirty or shady practices.

But, EA wins b/c the Sim can't go swimming....
Ah, well, Warner is too recent on the polls to really count them, and Comcast is not a bunch of idiots but very insideous. Also, I know 'don't by the game'. I don't. I do, however, sympathize with the people who are angry and support their feelings on the matter.
I'm not really "defending" EA per se. Just stating that there are "worse" companies out there. I will admit though, while some complaints against EA are legitimate, the whole thing with the Sims and some of the smaller things that people just go INSANE over just grate on my nerves.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Brockyman said:
FalloutJack said:
Brockyman said:
FalloutJack said:
Lunar Templar said:
The fact EA was ever named 'worst company' is just stupid. They are far from the worst. That fact a VIDEO GAME COMPANY beat out businesses and banks that are doing real harm to peoples lively hood is just sad.
I know people have said this an endless amount of times, and I know that my reply has been repeated as many times...yet still there's always someone who makes a complaint like this.

Lunar, the golden poo isn't there because they're evil, not because they are greedy assholes. It's because WHILE being so blatently dirty...they're ALSO dumb as shit, inept performers, doofus extraordinaires. It's the "How do you dumbasses even BREATHE while pulling this shit?" award. Besides, there's endless allegations and legalities to throw at the serious ones.
By your definition, I don't see how they beat out Comcast or Time Warner Cable. As much as you may want to bash EA, the fact is you still have a choice to by the games or not. With Comcast you're basically beholden to them for many services (some areas have more options than others, but even than it's with companies just as bad) like cable and high speed Internet. Their customer service is 10x worse than EA and make much more money of dirty or shady practices.

But, EA wins b/c the Sim can't go swimming....
Ah, well, Warner is too recent on the polls to really count them, and Comcast is not a bunch of idiots but very insideous. Also, I know 'don't by the game'. I don't. I do, however, sympathize with the people who are angry and support their feelings on the matter.
I'm not really "defending" EA per se. Just stating that there are "worse" companies out there. I will admit though, while some complaints against EA are legitimate, the whole thing with the Sims and some of the smaller things that people just go INSANE over just grate on my nerves.
I understand. In return, I ask that you understand that it's a case of the straw breaking the camel's back, only the camel was broken several straws ago. People are just tired of this shit. I would say EA's credibility is almost permanently tanked.

nyarlathotepsama

Apr 11, 2012
EA not acting like a dick is like having chocolate ice cream without the chocolate. It just isn't technically possible.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
This is a situation where actions speak better than words. We don't trust you EA, we haven't for a while. So pardon us if we don't believe your words until we see it in action. I personally don't think you'll follow through and be right back to pissing us off somehow. The kicker too, I want you to prove me wrong.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
As long as they remember why they got so big in the first place, ie by being consumer first

One second, it's the hottest day in Hell?

Oh...

What about them hiring the Starbucks guy who 'obviously' has lots of gaming industry experience? Oh, that was part of your deal with them too.

Gee, thanks 'Dad', I mean Satan.

Oh, he's running EA now?

That actually makes sense.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
Saying that while having DLC-ims is pretty damn funny though, "we don't want to think we're greedy assholes, but let us release this sims game were even pools are DLC" Yeah no, not going to happen.

Sol_HSA

was gaming before you were born
Nov 25, 2008
I know this list will get buried down in these comments and won't ever be seen by anyone who would make a difference, but we're all here to rant, so who cares.

Let's see. Dear EA. Here's a few suggestions that might help.

- Make a strict non-DRM policy.
- Stop trying to push Origin on people. Put your games on GOG.COM and steam. With no additional logins or whatnot.
- Stop trying to make freemium work.
- Remember additional content packs? That's what DLC is for. Not for letting people pay not to play your game.
- Form a committee on how to handle consumers ethically. I know, I know, committees, but this is a big company we're talking about, that's how they operate. The committee should consist of people who realize WHY freemium and DRM are unethical.
- Ban all overtime. A lot of fields can do their job on time, you'll figure it out.

That would be a start. But that's just about as likely as the Pope deciding that condoms are a good thing.

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
No one wants to be named 'worst' anything in the public eye, EA, but until such point that you actually do something about the practices that got you the title two years running, you're gonna be the king of the bottom of a very depressing barrel.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Breaking news, EA stops wanting to be utter shite.

Origin was improving, they gave me The Sims 2 for free - which I'm really grateful for because The Sims 2 is a remnant of when EA itself wasn't nearly as awful - and Dragon Age: Inquisition actually looks promising and isn't inciting torches 'n pitchforks reactions from fans like DA2 did, which is a lot for any major publisher.

Then The Sims 4 happened, and all that hard work went for naught.

They're going to make the list. They just are. I hadn't heard much of the blog before EA was named the worst company in the US by them, but they seem pretty set on making a mockery of them.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I hope this guy is being honest and that he is going to hit all these targets he's talking about. Unfortunately he's not the first EA suit to say this, so I certainly have my doubts.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Communications department: We would really like to tell our customers that we want to better ourselves.

Management: We would really like it if our customers paid double nay, tripple the amount they usually do without us actually having to put in the extra work. Let's cut more content for DLC.

And that is assuming the communications team isn't in on the whole gag. You can keep claiming you want X, how much X means to you and how much you represent X at the core, but if your actions indicate Y you're just missing the bloody point!

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
EA focuses on innovative MARKETING, not on the games. They look at a game and think "How can we make this make the most money possible?" while ignoring the consumer's enjoyment of the product. Most people have been able to predict exactly how their latest releases will bomb and have been disturbingly accurate with the specific reasoning.

This is a corporation that manufactures video games, it's not a video game manufacturer that is corporate owned. Other companies are out there seeking to design the best possible game and allowing that vehicle to drive sales, whereas EA makes a game and tries all the tricks it can think of to increase revenue. If they put HALF their marketing focus towards the actual quality of the game they would have brilliant products.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Unless they have a time machine and can undo the last 3, 5, 10 or so years of terrible anti-consumer practices, broken releases and terrible public relations, they must be trolling.

I'd actually have more respect for them if they just came out and admitted that this is an accurate representation: