EA: We Never Want to Be Named Worst U.S. Company Again

neokiva

Jun 14, 2013
CCP has been a player input mmo company for years. guess what! they have eve online a great game with unique mechanics, a yearly party in Reykjavik so players and devs come together to hear and discuss the future of their games and they are in their second decade of running. to me this speaks of the integrity of the players working with devs to make games. please note EA that does not mean focus test, it means listen to suggestions,complaints that a truthful listen to the hardcore market, but don't forget the casual market. and ffs don't try and criminalize your whole fanbase with retarded drm.

Headbiter

Nov 9, 2009
Is that a thing now? Cause I'm fairly certain I read an eerily similar article on this very site not too long ago. So is that EA's new PR-gag? Releasing a press statement, saying they want to better themselves every few months or so? I mean, yes, I'm the first to agree that modern internet-users have the attention span of a demented fruit fly but come on...

Qage

Sep 11, 2013
GamerMage said:
Another good idea would be removing a bunch of the "pay to get the better plants" thing in PvZ 2.
As well as generally start treating their customers with respect, rather than lying to them at every turn, and stop absorbing smaller, more popular companies and having them die off a few years down the line.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
People just don't get it, EA not being a bad company is a paradox. People that make good games are artist and idealist, people that controls the company are shareholders some of whom doesn't even play games.

It's like in the movie "Chef", the chef wants to cook something new and exciting, the owner wants him to cook the same shit because it works. In the end the owner get what he wants because he owns the place.

That's why Star Citizen MIGHT be the new triple A gaming model if it turn out to be a good game. It's funded by gamers and control by the developer which came up with the original vision of the game, not some shareholder.

Often

Apr 18, 2010
Well you know, if you'd stop shitting on your fanbase, your fanbase would stop complaining that everything you do is shit.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
They've said this a couple of times before. Didn't really go anywhere except for a couple of good things here and there.

Well I would like to believe you EA, but, you know.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
lolololol and yet......Sims 4 has just come out...... are they just trololin or are buyin their own bullshit.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
It's telling that EA don't say they want to improve, but that they don't want to be *named* worst company again.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
One thing you could do is reduce the prices of Origin games to be more in line with the rest of the market, in the UK everything seems to be 30%-70% overpriced, or get rid of Origin because it's not very good or useful.

TippiestRook

Nov 29, 2013
MarsAtlas said:
Yeah, and I want swimming pools to drown toddlers in The Sims 4.

Riccitiello said the same thing. While Origin is genuinely improving, they haven't improved in any other way. They're still in Golden Poo territory for the BF4 launch, Dungeon Keeper, and the stripped-down Sims 4 release, but I doubt they'll win it again.

TippiestRook said:
EAs reaction after making this statement.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/796467/dr-evil-laugh-o.gif
(No idea how to post a gif here)
Put brackets around "img" and "/img", and then put the image link in the middle of them, no spaces. Quote me to see it at work.

Thank you so much!

circularlogic88

Knower of Nothing
Oct 9, 2010
Saltyk said:
So they plan to change their name, do they? I wonder what the new company name will be... FU?

In all seriousness, I doubt they have much choice in that. Unless they actually change the way they make games and sell them, I doubt many people will be donning "I <3 EA" shirts anytime soon.
Not unless they wanna unlock bonus content for Call of Duty. The kinect will actually scans and looks for what you as the player are wearing and will give you bonus content in multiplayer matches, but as soon as you take off your I <3 EA shirt, it locks you out of your session.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this wasn't something they were actually thinking up.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
He also addresses another black eye for EA, the launch of the "free-to-play" Dungeon Keeper earlier this year. "As you push the boundaries, things are not always going to go how you like," Wilson said
They'll still going with the 'Dungeon Keeper was just too innovative' bollocks are they? How sad.
Yeah, this was the "ah, I guess he's just trying to feed us bullshit then" moment for me. I do appreciate that he followed it up with a sentence more than 30 words long that says absolutely nothing though - thanks for confirming my analysis.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Well gee. Perhaps you stop nickle and diming the customer. You might stop with the ridiculous PR statements in an attempt to justify the previous.

Try to stop BEING the worst US company.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
It's very fitting that this comes just as The Sims 4 is released.

I understand the theory that they delayed Titanfall, Battlefield Hardline and so on so they could improve those games (I don't know if they succeeded/will succeed). It means nothing when the reason everyone hates EA is for how anti consumer they are.

What we got with The Sims 4 could have been the most polished, fun thing to come out of the whole series, but it still means nothing when you cut out content to sell again as DLC.

Novaova

Feb 2, 2010
Andrew Wilson, who took the reigns of EA last year
It's "took the reins," not "took the reigns." That doesn't even make any sense if you know what the individual words mean. Reins are the straps attached to a horse's bit which a rider uses to guide the horse. That's where the phrase comes from. Someone takes (grasps) the reins (the straps), and seizes control of the situation.

Kids today.

TessaraVejgan

Sep 3, 2014
All they need to do is make good games that work from day one without a million dlc's and all their problems will disappear.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
The fact EA was ever named 'worst company' is just stupid. They are far from the worst. That fact a VIDEO GAME COMPANY beat out businesses and banks that are doing real harm to peoples lively hood is just sad.
This is what I was going to say. EA may be the worst video game company, but they don't even come close to being the worst company in America.

Samsont

Jun 11, 2009
This all *sounds* fantastic, I'd love it if they actually followed through with what they're saying. Because this is the first time in a while that they've actually managed to say what the players want to hear, I.E: "We're giving development of our games more time". This tells us that they actually KNOW what we've been asking for, which is an improvement for once. But as usual with EA, we'll have to wait until they actually back up their words to be sure.

Tradjus

Apr 25, 2011
They've certainly spouted this P.R line before, and I don't believe it any more now than I did then. In fact I'm almost certain that we'll have another "FUCK GAMERS!" line from some idiotic E.A exec before too long here that'll balance us out. I mean those guys can't go two seconds without pulling their pants down and slapping their asses in the face of gamers in general.

Johnson McGee

Nov 16, 2009
I don't think that EA is the worst company anymore because of cable companies becoming worse, not EA getting better.