Earth is invaded, then we win.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Something very similar to what we did to Germany, disarm them and separate them. Show them peace and learn what we can form them. Of course kill any we know committed genocide or killed innocent's.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
GigaHz said:
I don't think we would win against an army of aliens that has mastered interstellar travel before we do.

They'd have us beat intellectually and technologically. We'd only stand a chance if somehow our atmosphere was making them less intelligent with each passing day.
We're more technologically and intellectually advanced than saber-tooth tigers, too, but if was a colonization force of, say, a few hundred thousand humans against several billion angry saber-tooth tigers hell-bent on stopping the colonization, guess who will win. (Hint: not us.) Plus, the technological gap is probably smaller than that.

Anyways, major containment facilities would pop up to hold them, they'll be useful when the inevitable bargaining table arrives.

Jetpack Stu

Feb 12, 2012
force the cooperation of the hostage aliens to reverse engineer us a nice floatilla and get the hell out of dodge ASAP using the scorched-earth/hide in bunkers policy for the remaining human population left behind and return every 100 years or so to keep tabs on our planet and get new boats into the abyss, setting up colonies as we explore space until our empire is big enough to strike back without mercy.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Hallvard Dovakiin said:
Marcus Kehoe said:
Something very similar to what we did to Germany, disarm them and separate them. Show them peace and learn what we can form them. Of course kill any we know committed genocide or killed innocent's.
Yeah,do what we did in Germany,because that ended well.
The second time not the first.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
It's always funny to me when people talk of aliens, and regard them as some sort of perfect technologically based civilization. We put a ridiculous amount of money into fueling our armies and building powerful weaponry. Even if they mastered space travel, they may not have had the same advancements in weapons or other such things.

Someday we might even be the guys invading planets and enslaving alien races..

Chevalier noir

Nov 21, 2011
Doitpow said:
Forgive all of them them, grant them safe living on earth in exchange for a combination of our knowledge and theirs, teach them that we think imperialism is fundementally wrong and in a couple of decades, bounce out to space together!
I agree. Bury the hatchet, if they aren't a threat to us anymore there is no good reason to cause any more suffering for either side.

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
lacktheknack said:
GigaHz said:
I don't think we would win against an army of aliens that has mastered interstellar travel before we do.

They'd have us beat intellectually and technologically. We'd only stand a chance if somehow our atmosphere was making them less intelligent with each passing day.
We're more technologically and intellectually advanced than saber-tooth tigers, too, but if was a colonization force of, say, a few hundred thousand humans against several billion angry saber-tooth tigers hell-bent on stopping the colonization, guess who will win. (Hint: not us.) Plus, the technological gap is probably smaller than that.

Anyways, major containment facilities would pop up to hold them, they'll be useful when the inevitable bargaining table arrives.
Why wouldn't we win?

All you would need to stop any army of sabertooth tigers is an aircraft and bombs, and that's just one 'hard counter' method. Have the military base housing the aircraft surrounded in electrical fencing, there's nothing they could do.

I'm sorry, but we can't even send Humans to Mars. If you think a force that could travel to other star systems wouldn't have us beat on every front, you're not a very bright person.

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
TestECull said:
Incorrect. They may be able to master interstellar transportation but that doesn't mean they're invulnerable to our weapons. Hell, most likely, they won't even be armored against kinetic weapons, their society having moved onto directed energy instead.

All else fails we can just grab a crowbar.
Alright.

Swords and crossbows hurt right? How about you can have an army of say, 100,000 people.

You can go against my army of 20,000 people, with all of today's modern technology. This may include nukes, remote weapons, robots, and whatever else our modern army is capable of.

Tell me with a straight face, if betting on the correct army meant sparing your life, which army would you bet on?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
GigaHz said:
lacktheknack said:
GigaHz said:

Why wouldn't we win?

All you would need to stop any army of sabertooth tigers is an aircraft and bombs, and that's just one 'hard counter' method. Have the military base housing the aircraft surrounded in electrical fencing, there's nothing they could do.

I'm sorry, but we can't even send Humans to Mars. If you think a force that could travel to other star systems wouldn't have us beat on every front, you're not a very bright person.
But they're coming to us.

The colonizers wouldn't have the army backing them at the time (according to the OP), and bombing the area wrecks the point of colonization.

We don't HAVE to go to Mars, we just need to fend off an opposing interstellar army. And if you think that humans don't the the drive, ingenuity, and resourcefulness to do some major damage, you underestimate us greatly.

Besides, as someone else pointed out, the initial waves would be tempered immensely by them catching smallpox/polio/a good cold and dying horribly.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
I say grant amnesty in exchange for knowledge and disarmament. Then intigrate them into society as equals. Just because they aren't humans doesn't mean they aren't people. Hopefully we can put the differences our spiecies have behind us to build a better universe for all people.

However as much as I hate to say it genocide and concentration camps is probably what would happen.

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
TestECull said:
I'm not a huge Half Life fan to begin with.

Maybe it was a bad example, but in the conclusions your drawing both waring factions are human. Obviously a Human vs. Human fight is going to come off relatively even, especially if the technology gap isn't too wide. A gap of 50 or so years isn't too much. But these are entirely different species and a technological gap of probably several thousand years, at least. You'd think that if they were smart enough to master interstellar travel and create such advanced weapons and technology, they would have more than effective tactics to handle any guerrilla approach we'd have. Who knows? Each alien may have thick armour, preventing even the most piercing and high calibre bullets through. Their energy shields might nullify any explosive through pulse waves. I really don't have any concrete evidence to back any of these assumptions up. No one does.

All I'm saying is, if I betting on the winning horse meant keeping my life, I'd bet on the aliens. Unless this fight were to take place in a few thousand years when our technology would be approaching parity, if not just a touch out dated.

Feb 28, 2008
Kill all but the important aliens that can provide information. They've been around for a decade, prospering from the murders of untold numbers of humans and colonisation of a planet that's not theirs. This wouldn't be the time for morality and alien rights. We would need to show them we're ruthless b******* and that they don't want to mess with us. Then we would have to produce the most hideous weapons that our minds can create and deploy them ruthlessly on any non-human that showed its face in our solar system again.

I've read science fiction, I know how this goes down! Hah.

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
lacktheknack said:
But they're coming to us.

The colonizers wouldn't have the army backing them at the time (according to the OP), and bombing the area wrecks the point of colonization.

We don't HAVE to go to Mars, we just need to fend off an opposing interstellar army. And if you think that humans don't the the drive, ingenuity, and resourcefulness to do some major damage, you underestimate us greatly.

Besides, as someone else pointed out, the initial waves would be tempered immensely by them catching smallpox/polio/a good cold and dying horribly.
It just seems a little stupid that an invading force wouldn't have an army to back them up. Why go to all the trouble of invading a planet only to risk failure?

Well, maybe if the aliens were that stupid we would stand a chance.