Easy PS3 Game to Collect a Platinum Trophy

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
So a friend and I got into competition with each other over our trophy levels. Yesterday he told me that he picked up the old Terminator Salvation game, which basically all you have to do is beat the game on hard and you get like 10 gold trophies and a platinum.

Does any one know of any other games like this where it is relatively easy (if maybe just a little time consuming) to get a platinum trophy?

CAPTCHA: It's baconsoup.....really now

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Looking at my shelf, Terminator Salvation does indeed stand out, but I can't really think of any other game that really hands over the Platinum... inFamous 2 isn't too hard, but does require two playthroughs, one for good, one for evil. But the game's so much fun that you won't mind at all.

ginty2

The Shadow Premier
Dec 16, 2008
I can think of two easy games for trophies

Thhe godfather 2 got all of them in one playthrough and xmen origins wolverine

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
Yea, I'm just not playing inFamous 2, especially twice thru. I have a serious disdain for that game series. How tough is Terminator Salvation on hard mode?

I forgot to ask; when a game gets DLC released for it, can you collect a platinum from just the core game or do you have to buy and collect the trophies from the DLC as well? I'm going to try for a legit trophy in Skyrim, but if a bunch of DLC comes out for it before I am done I doubt I'll be able to.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
mikey7339 said:
Yea, I'm just not playing inFamous 2, especially twice thru. I have a serious disdain for that game series. How tough is Terminator Salvation on hard mode?

I forgot to ask; when a game gets DLC released for it, can you collect a platinum from just the core game or do you have to buy and collect the trophies from the DLC as well? I'm going to try for a legit trophy in Skyrim, but if a bunch of DLC comes out for it before I am done I doubt I'll be able to.
Terminator Salvation is piss-easy on any difficulty, and really damn short to boot.

As for DLC, it's usually on a separate tab under the main game, so the platinum usually only counts for the core game. The DLC usually get their own trophy set (no platinums there).

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
Iwata said:
mikey7339 said:

Terminator Salvation is piss-easy on any difficulty, and really damn short to boot.

As for DLC, it's usually on a separate tab under the main game, so the platinum usually only counts for the core game. The DLC usually get their own trophy set (no platinums there).
Thanks for the info, if it is just a short FPS with no real tricks to it, I might just borrow it after my friend is done.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Tis a sad day when someone will voluntarily play shit like Terminator Salvation just for a worthless trophy, but won't play a brilliant game like infamous 2.

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
aaronx83 said:
Infamous & Infamous 2
also hannah montana
Dude, just no...I will take a Disney game or some kind of kids game if it is short and somewhat fun, but just no on Infamous and Hanna Montana. Thanks for the input tho.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Satsuki666 said:
If you can suffer through the piece of shit that is infamous 2 it really is an easy trophy. I know two people who both got the platnium in a single playthrough in about two days.
I'm afraid I have to say those people are liars. As I said above, the game requires, precisely because of its duality and open-nature, a minimum of two playthroughs to get the platinum. Check the trophy list if you don't believe me.

DeadEyeDan

Mar 23, 2010
Assassin's Creed 2 was pretty damn easy too. Only tricky trophy is the one to take out 10 dudes at once without being hit. But I think there's a cheap way to do that if I recall...

sifffffff

Oct 28, 2011
If you're looking for fast trophies any Disney game will do. I've heard Mega-mind takes maybe three hours to Platinum. If I were you I'd platinum something like Demon's Souls and invalidate his silly Terminator Plat.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
DeadEyeDan said:
Assassin's Creed 2 was pretty damn easy too. Only tricky trophy is the one to take out 10 dudes at once without being hit. But I think there's a cheap way to do that if I recall...
3 smoke bombs oughta do it. The hardest part is finding 10 guys together in one place.

May 25, 2010
Shadows of the Damned is pretty easy. So is Mass Effect 2. Both take about 20 hours. The Batman games, Assassin's Creed 2 (not Brotherhood, that one had needed like 50-60 hours of play just for the multiplayer trophies) and the inFamous games are pretty easy too. Most of the PS2 collections have easy Plats, one for each game included too.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Well, I didn't have any trouble getting one for Fallout 3, Borderlands or Assassin's Creed 2, but I'll admit they're not exactly "quick" to achieve. They're easy though, as long as you're decent at the game.

Heavy Rain is one that you could probably do in 15-20 hours, as long as you know what you're doing. That one is all about just reading how to get the trophies, and then just doing it. Little skill is actually required; it's all about knowledge.