Elder Scrolls Online Hands-On Preview

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Elder Scrolls Online Hands-On Preview

Elder Scrolls Online does a surprisingly good Elder Scrolls impersonation.

Read Full Article

KaZuYa

Mar 23, 2013
I really hope this game doesn't take an arrow to the knee........il get my coat.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
"Likewise, the 4-man dungeons obviously require a group to complete," How so? Are the enemies higher levels? Is the combat
turn by turn? Are there alot of enemies? This is the elder scrolls and no matter what I could always figure around things unless they changed things. This "preview" does very little to actually tell me anything besides that this has a story

KaZuYa

Mar 23, 2013
kenu12345 said:
"Likewise, the 4-man dungeons obviously require a group to complete," How so? Are the enemies higher levels? Is the combat
turn by turn? Are there alot of enemies? This is the elder scrolls and no matter what I could always figure around things unless they changed things. This "preview" does very little to actually tell me anything besides that this has a story
There you go http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/07/01/inside-eso-dungeons 0_o

kenu12345

Aug 3, 2011
KaZuYa said:
kenu12345 said:
There you go http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/07/01/inside-eso-dungeons 0_o
Thank you Ill check it out but listening to this guy just sounds disencouraging because at points it sounds like he is constricted to an "area"

kenu12345

Aug 3, 2011
KaZuYa said:
kenu12345 said:
Ehhhhh just doesnt sound elder scrolly. Ill try for the beta but it sounds like something my hopes are slowly sliding away from to not use any other words

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Promises, promises. Let's see if they deliver, though I'll be honest, I'm not excited by the description of the PvP area. I hate pvp that's gear dependent. They always turn into the High School Student and Unemployed zone.

Newtonyd

Apr 30, 2011
At this point, it sounds very much like Guild Wars 2, with its exploration-related quests, playstyles, zones devoted to PVP, shared PVP/PVE gear, etc. So I have to ask the critical question:

How is the combat?

If the combat is mediocre, it will make or break the game. Why should I play ESO over Guild Wars 2?

seule

Jul 21, 2008
Anyone else noticing similarities between the media for this and the media for the old republic... single player experience, story, o don't worry, we got awesome mmo-ness at the end...

Seen too much hype about too many mmo's in the past to not be skeptical. Color me cynical :)

KaZuYa

Mar 23, 2013
ToR was a brilliant and ground breaking MMO but as every MMO is ruined by people racing to max level and skipping 90% of the content which has taken 3 years to make and then say it lacks content and it sucks.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I'm getting dangerously hyped for this game, I should really wait for reviews when it finally comes out. By the sounds of it though, I'll be spending a good few hours just creating my character.

I've already started planning names.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Ugh, I really wish I got into the beta for ESO instead of FF XIV: Realm Reborn.

Here's hoping I'll get to try it out soon, it sounds great.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
As long as every single fucking blow I land hits with no "MISS" popping up on screen, every single sword the connects with my shield or sword is deflected or impeded, and projectiles are manually aimed with no lock-on and hitting 100 of time, balanced only by the dreaded "MISS". I.E. Like every other Elder Scrolls game post Morrowind (minus the projectile part) and not like the mechanical combat of WoW.

Then they may, just may, get my money.

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
This sounds like it's going to be very very similar to the MMO's that we keep getting. Nothing new here.

Everquest Next may have bring something new, if they can pull off their promises.