Elder scrolls religion

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
What about Mehrunes Dagon?
He is the Daedric Prince of Destruction, Change, Revolution, Energy, and Ambition. That really sounds "worshippable" Let's just forget the "little" incident in Cyrodil a couple of hundred years ago...
The Christian Church also did came with a clean record from the past but attracts a lot of followers.

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
Ruwrak said:
Daystar Clarion said:
[

Yeah, they're pretty much her guardians.

Well, for something she owns, anyway.
Like Nocturnals Cowl? Which I nicked in Oblivion? (Or well teh Grey Fox... But still.)
ARn't the nightinggales a splinter of the Thieves guild? The organisation that stole the cowl in the first place?
The Skeleton key

The cowl was stolen by the first gray fox. After Nocturnal was summoned she removed her cowl. Two thieves were the main part of it. The master thief (the first gray fox) distracted Nocturnal as the young thief was behind her waiting for the signal to steal it, the master thief warned Nocturnal of the young thief who then got killed by Nocturnal, but before he died he saw that the cowl was gone and so was the master thief.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
TheSaw said:
The cowl was stolen by the first gray fox. Two thieves were the main part of it. The master thief (the first gray fox) distracted Nocturnal as the young thief was behind her, the master thief warned Nocturnal of the young thief who then got killed by Nocturnal, but before he died he saw that the cowl was gone and so was the master thief.
Mmm? oh yeah I ment that. You're right. It's not the Grey Fox we know from Oblvion in deed. Considered corrected x3

But still it's kinda... odd isn't it?

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Sithis I guess overall. Lord of entropy, without him the universe would never have existed, or at least not in any kind of interesting form.

The Daedra have given me a lot of useful stuff though over the years, so I have nothing against them either. (Why don't real religions try this? I'd be more than willing to worship a god that gave me some cool loot.)

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Dimitriov said:
Acrisius said:
Talos. That guy is a badass dude. Plus he's kinda like the Jesus of Tamriel, if you think about it...
If Jesus aborted babies against the mother's will :D

The healer, a High Elf of middle years, confirmed that Barenziah was indeed pregnant, and that such a thing had never before been known to happen. It was a testimony to His Excellency's potency, the healer said in sycophantic tones. Tiber Septim roared at him.
"This must not be!" he said. "Undo it. We command you."
"Sire," the healer gaped at him. "I cannot... I may not--"
"Of course you can, you incompetent dullard," the Emperor snapped. "It is our express wish that you do so."
Barenziah, till then silent and wide-eyed with terror, suddenly sat up in bed. "No!" she screamed. "No! What are you saying?"
"Child," Tiber Septim sat down beside her, his face wearing one of his winning smiles. "I'm so sorry. Truly. But this cannot be. Your issue would be a threat to my son and his sons. I shall no more put it plainly than that."
"The child I bear is yours!" she wailed.
"No. It is now but a possibility, a might-be, not yet gifted with a soul or quickened into life. I will not have it so. I forbid it." He gave the healer another hard stare and the Elf began to tremble.
"Sire. It is her child. Children are few among the Elves. No Elven woman conceives more than four times, and that is very rare. Two is the usual number. Some bear none, even, and some only one. If I take this one from her, Sire, she may not conceive again."
"You promised us she would not bear to us. We've little faith in your prognostications."
Barenziah scrambled naked from the bed and ran for the door, not knowing where she was going, only that she could not stay. She never reached it. Darkness overtook her.
I remember reading that in one of the TES games.

My reaction: "The fuck?!"

Mar 30, 2010
Read 'The Monomyth'. It's a book found in TES which itself compares and contrasts the differing religious views on Nirn. Fascinating read. I'll present a fragment here, and then you can go off and read the rest yourselves:

"Note that Tamriel and the Mortal Plane do not exist yet. The Gray Maybe is
still the playground of the Original Spirits. Some are more bound to Anu's
light, others to the unknowable void. Their constant flux and interplay
increase their number, and their personalities take long to congeal. When
Akatosh forms, Time begins, and it becomes easier for some spirits to realize
themselves as beings with a past and a future. The strongest of the
recognizable spirits crystallize: Mephala, Arkay, Y'ffre, Magnus, Rupgta,
etc., etc. Others remain as concepts, ideas, or emotions. One of the
strongest of these, a barely formed urge that the others call Lorkhan,
details a plan to create Mundus, the Mortal Plane.

Humans, with the exception of the Redguards, see this act as a divine mercy,
an enlightenment whereby lesser creatures can reach immortality. Aldmer, with
the exception of the Dark Elves, see this act as a cruel deception, a trick
that sundered their connection to the spirit plane."

So, yeah. I've had a few Dunmer join the Tribunal Temple, but as for religious preference I tend to go with a neutral battlemage with a scholarly interest in cultural creation myths.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I'm the only one who likes Clavicus Vile, then, eh? He's just so awesome.

"I want you to end the civil war that is plaguing Skyrim!"
"Oh, sure thing! I'll just snap my fingers and...poof! Everyone dies! War over."

He reminds me of Wheatley.

OT: Daedric Worshiper for me.

The Scythian

Jun 8, 2010
Dimitriov said:
The Almsivi Temple of Morrowind, obviously.

The books on lore, the backstory, the angry devotion of the Dunmer. It was fascinating.
This. The Temple had not only an excellent questline of its own, but it had all the above. Plus, it made Ordinators like you if you did it.

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
I approach the elder scrolls as an 'open agnostic'. I'll do any religious questline if the rewards are right, and I won't shy away from the buffs and disease cleansing, but I have no solid opinion on which one is right or best.

Races, on the other hand, I RP a bit of discrimination. Argornians, don't trust them further than you can throw them.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Daedric worshiper myself, they have actual constant power and influence on Nirn. As apposed to say the 8/9 divines who's presence in the mortal realm is very minimal.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
In Morrowind I always went to the shrine of Nerevar.
It seemed right, and egotistical at the same time.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Well, as I've repeatedly said before, I've never really been able to get into TES series, but from what I've seen I agree most with the nine divines. They seem to be centered around the values of virtues and mercy and as a Christian I can dig that.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
I'm anti-religious in the game, each time I became "champion" for one of the gods I mocked them "a mace, thats hardly a prize"

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Deadrics, oh sure expect to die young but damn you will have a glorious..or hilarious death! And hey walking around with Wabbajacks isn't that bad. Why though do I feel like getting a yarn collection!

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
masticina said:
Deadrics, oh sure expect to die young but damn you will have a glorious..or hilarious death! And hey walking around with Wabbajacks isn't that bad. Why though do I feel like getting a cabbage collection!
Ha!
Cabbage indeed!
Perhaps you should shave cats and save the fur, might come in handy when you have good ideas.

PezPerue

Mar 26, 2011
The Daedra for me; specifically Malacath, Hircine, and Molag Bal. The Daedra are just so badass, with their tangible presences and rewards. Plus I love their quests, as they're usually not straightforward and instead take you through the most interesting trips. Their rewards are beyond sweet as well.. not that that makes me biased...