Elder scrolls religion

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
Daedras all the way, since they seem to belong more to the old pagan "Gods who actually do stuff" pantheon, whereas the nine/eight divines are more ethereal and distant, like most modern deities.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Gotta be the Daedra! Especially Sheogorath, did you know he once dug a moat and filled it with clouds?

...Or was it clowns...?

Cheese for everyone!

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
i wont worship them, but Sanguine gave me the coolest and most usefull reward.

I like that guy

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Well, only the Daedra gave me shit. So... Yeah...
Seriously though, they are just awesome and fit to my character.
Also, Sheogorath is awesome.

Nudu

Jun 1, 2011
I kind of liked the tribunal back in Morrowind. Sort of a mix between catholicism and shinto.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Akatosh. Akatosh all the way.

Past that? Hm... I'd say Sheogorath, Azura and Molag Bal. I remember grinning like an idiot once I realized they'd carted Wes Johnson back into Sheo's role. Scottish brogues for the win.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Probably daedra, though dunno which one offhand. The Eight/Nine Divines are sort of like my view on most modern institutionalized religions--a lot of shock and awe, but not a whole lot of provable doing stuff. Great for the faithful, awful for the skeptics. The Daedra definitely do stuff (hell, you actually talk to them), give you shiny new things, most definitively act within the world in observable ways, and just seem more personable/cooler. The Tribunal, as a few people have said, is insane; Sotha Sil is a recluse and a steampunk, Almalexia is just plain goddamn nuts, and Vivec is too self-righteous for me. Sithis seems more like the Greek "personified concepts," and while certainly creepy and mysterious, seems like more the sort of thing you just passively acknowledge as "huh, that's a thing". Night Mother...eh. Talos Cult is a maybe--the guy was like Teddy Motherfucking Roosevelt for Tamriel.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
crimson5pheonix said:
Molag Bal always has the most interesting quests.
And if by interesting, you mean evil, then yes. That guy is a piece of shit. There really is no other way to describe him and his purpose.

I'm all about Meridia, as I am all about life.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
tmande2nd said:
I worship Miaq the Liar myself.
"Oh great lord Maiq, what do you command?!"

"Maiq is tired now. Go bother someone else."

"YES MY LORD!!"

I can totally picture hundreds of followers just wandering around with him across Skyrim.

OT: I'm partial to Sithis. He just seems... In control. Like all the misfortunes of the world are nothing more than an interesting puppet show to him. He's the kind of god that doesn't have plans for anything, but at the same time is on top of everything.

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
I'll give all your souls to the Void, Hail Sithis!

The lord of the void and his Matron is what I'm talking about.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
zenoaugustus said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Molag Bal always has the most interesting quests.
And if by interesting, you mean evil, then yes. That guy is a piece of shit. There really is no other way to describe him and his purpose.

I'm all about Meridia, as I am all about life.
Well the way I see it, he basically says in any game "Hey you, [adventurer name], get your trollface! We're going on an ADVENTURE!"

And then you end up bludgeoning someone with a mace.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
In a world were actual physical (metaphysical?) Gods and powerful entities actually exist and do shit on the mortal realm, for fear for my life/desire for any amount of power I will gladly prostrate myself before any of them should they actually appear and will willingly carry out any orders they give.

I won't outright worship any of them, but I'll be damned if I won't respect their power! As such I've mostly been following the Deadric guys lately, because they have been intervening wherever I go. Talos was cool at first when I only used his amulet, but I've moved on to bigger things now. I'm sure he won't mind/care.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Well, the quests involving the Daedra are by far the most interesting ones in Skyrim. My favorites are Malacath's and Hircine's quests.

One thing I like is that the majority of the Daedra aren't depicted as total dicks in Skyrim, maybe with the exception of Mehrunes Dagon and Molag Bal. (But that's kind of their thing anyways)

DC_Josh

Harmonica God
Oct 9, 2008
I bend the knee to the Dwemer gods of Reason and Logic.

If you have anything to say about it, please consult the giant clockwork steam breathing centurion at the end of the hall.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
Sheogorath. The only thing I can be sure that I can care about in the entirety of all the games combined.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
I'm whatever religions give me the most destructive power with my actions.