Elder scrolls religion

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Acrisius said:
Talos. That guy is a badass dude. Plus he's kinda like the Jesus of Tamriel, if you think about it...
Hmmm, if Jesus was an emperor of dragon blood who conquered the Earth and was able to shout enemies to death, I have to admit, I'd be a Christian myself :p

edited for a lore fail up there x.x

OT: Talos' awesomeness aside, Deadra are my favourite. I love them, they're like the Gods of Greek mythology, instead of being perfect, goody two shoes Gods, they're mostly just powerful jackasses :p

edit: oh and the Tribunal Gods were pretty awesome.

Areth_1138

May 25, 2010
Definitely a Daedra worshiper here. They're like Greek Gods, they're petty, they make mistakes, and they get bored and use mortals for their own amusement. Anyone who EVER played a Black and White game will understand their position intimately.

They're also incredibly interesting and make for great characters. Sheogorath for example - who is a personal favorite of mine - is truly "chaotic neutral" and completely insane. And the scottish accent really sells that to me. Seriously, he might reward you for your help, or if the mood strikes him, teleport you 17 football fields in the air just to giggle as you fall to your death.

Aedra on the other hand (the Divines) don't take much interest in the mortal realm, and while being "good" never do much in the way of influencing events at all (except Akatosh that ONE time).

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Dibella...hur hur
Because my mind is always in the gutter.

Say you look like the adventuring type, maybe you would like to retrieve it for me..

I love Sheogorath he seems to be as bi polar as I am

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
Dimitriov said:
Acrisius said:
Talos. That guy is a badass dude. Plus he's kinda like the Jesus of Tamriel, if you think about it...
If Jesus aborted babies against the mother's will :D

The healer, a High Elf of middle years, confirmed that Barenziah was indeed pregnant, and that such a thing had never before been known to happen. It was a testimony to His Excellency's potency, the healer said in sycophantic tones. Tiber Septim roared at him.
"This must not be!" he said. "Undo it. We command you."
"Sire," the healer gaped at him. "I cannot... I may not--"
"Of course you can, you incompetent dullard," the Emperor snapped. "It is our express wish that you do so."
Barenziah, till then silent and wide-eyed with terror, suddenly sat up in bed. "No!" she screamed. "No! What are you saying?"
"Child," Tiber Septim sat down beside her, his face wearing one of his winning smiles. "I'm so sorry. Truly. But this cannot be. Your issue would be a threat to my son and his sons. I shall no more put it plainly than that."
"The child I bear is yours!" she wailed.
"No. It is now but a possibility, a might-be, not yet gifted with a soul or quickened into life. I will not have it so. I forbid it." He gave the healer another hard stare and the Elf began to tremble.
"Sire. It is her child. Children are few among the Elves. No Elven woman conceives more than four times, and that is very rare. Two is the usual number. Some bear none, even, and some only one. If I take this one from her, Sire, she may not conceive again."
"You promised us she would not bear to us. We've little faith in your prognostications."
Barenziah scrambled naked from the bed and ran for the door, not knowing where she was going, only that she could not stay. She never reached it. Darkness overtook her.
But how do you know "the real Barenziahs" aren't just propaganda, and that the bibliographies are actually the truth? Or maybe it's something in between.

Now I haven't actually read that far, and don't know how the books contradict each other. Nor do I know if a previous game confirms either of the series, but I just wanted to point that out, as much as ask if there's an actual reason people take "the Real Barenziahs" as... well, real.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
I always liked the Dwemeri belief system simply because there is no direct analogy to our own world. In a reality were magic and deities are known to exist/interfere in the realm of mortals they explicitly say fuck worshiping them we're going to make ourselves gods. That is pretty bad-ass on their part.

CowboyfromHell666

Jan 14, 2010
Daedra are my favorite, mostly Sheogorath, Molag Bal, and Hircine. Malacath and Meridia follow suit.

CHEESE FOR EVERYONE

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Daedra are badass. Divines seem to do fuck all except the occasional blessing and Sithis is just cartoonishly OTT.

Out of the Daedra, I think I'd have to say I'd worship either Peryite, Mephala or Meridia.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Farther than stars said:
Well, as I've repeatedly said before, I've never really been able to get into TES series, but from what I've seen I agree most with the nine divines. They seem to be centered around the values of virtues and mercy and as a Christian I can dig that.
then again, they also include one god who forces women to have abortions, but i guess that's the problem when gods are just really powerful people and not just embodiments of an idea.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears."

Hail lord sheogorath

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
In Oblivion, I was totally for all the Daedric princes, because the Nine Divines are boring. But Daedra? They're never boring.

In Skyrim, however, I'm supporting Talos worship, because I hate the Thalmor.

dave1004

Sep 20, 2010
I worship my old character. What? Well, I GUESS that he's now Sheogorath, but he's also Malakai, Savior of all Cyrodil!

Dude was a bad-ass. 100% chameleon? Hell yes!

May 29, 2011
Dimitriov said:
Acrisius said:
If Jesus aborted babies against the mother's will :D

The healer, a High Elf of middle years, confirmed that Barenziah was indeed pregnant, and that such a thing had never before been known to happen. It was a testimony to His Excellency's potency, the healer said in sycophantic tones. Tiber Septim roared at him.
"This must not be!" he said. "Undo it. We command you."
"Sire," the healer gaped at him. "I cannot... I may not--"
"Of course you can, you incompetent dullard," the Emperor snapped. "It is our express wish that you do so."
Barenziah, till then silent and wide-eyed with terror, suddenly sat up in bed. "No!" she screamed. "No! What are you saying?"
"Child," Tiber Septim sat down beside her, his face wearing one of his winning smiles. "I'm so sorry. Truly. But this cannot be. Your issue would be a threat to my son and his sons. I shall no more put it plainly than that."
"The child I bear is yours!" she wailed.
"No. It is now but a possibility, a might-be, not yet gifted with a soul or quickened into life. I will not have it so. I forbid it." He gave the healer another hard stare and the Elf began to tremble.
"Sire. It is her child. Children are few among the Elves. No Elven woman conceives more than four times, and that is very rare. Two is the usual number. Some bear none, even, and some only one. If I take this one from her, Sire, she may not conceive again."
"You promised us she would not bear to us. We've little faith in your prognostications."
Barenziah scrambled naked from the bed and ran for the door, not knowing where she was going, only that she could not stay. She never reached it. Darkness overtook her.
What the fuck? No, seriously bethehesda. What the fuck? I refuse to belive nobody at he office questions the person who wrote that.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
crimson5pheonix said:
zenoaugustus said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Molag Bal always has the most interesting quests.
And if by interesting, you mean evil, then yes. That guy is a piece of shit. There really is no other way to describe him and his purpose.

I'm all about Meridia, as I am all about life.
Well the way I see it, he basically says in any game "Hey you, [adventurer name], get your trollface! We're going on an ADVENTURE!"

And then you end up bludgeoning someone with a mace.
If that's what you call an adventure....

Hahah, seriously though, the dude is just straight up evil. He is probably worse than Mehrunes Dagon, he just works on a more personal level, for meaningful bludgeonings.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well I don't know enough about all the different religions I can go with, but seeing as most of them actually exist and openly influence the world, gotta give respect to them all. I mean, when you walk up to a shrine for some daedric prince and you start to hear him talk to you, you better listen.